Burning Crusade Classic Summer Events

The events will kick off at 0:00 Midnight on July 23 (realm time) in all regions.

With Burning Crusade Classic launching only three weeks ago, we decided to postpone the Midsummer Fire Festival this year. It felt a little too soon to have players who might be taking their time feel the need to level up (or level up their alts) so they could make the most of Ahune, among other things. But we don’t want to skip a whole year, so we’ve decided to open the Midsummer Fire Festival in Burning Crusade Classic the week of July 20, 2021. It will return to its usual time coinciding with the real-world Northern hemisphere solar calendar in 2022.

Speaking of the week of July 20, there’s something else going on that week that we’re going to celebrate. The 2020 Summer Olympics is set to kick off that week, and we see that as the perfect opportunity to reintroduce the Spirit of Competition. This event only occurred once before in the history of WoW, to coincide with the 2008 Summer Olympics during the original Burning Crusade. We’re really looking forward to getting into the spirit again.

We’ll update the World of Warcraft blog with more details on both of these events in July.

115 Likes

Hey now, thanks for the update on this!

12 Likes

awesome to hear players will be able to get that sweet tabard again!

7 Likes

Hilarious that they delay this but wouldn’t delay the portal opening or the arena starting.

29 Likes

Im glad we still get ahune and dont have to wait an entire year to see him

Also, I agree with Drain, arena should have been delayed, alot of class spells are still not working properly

7 Likes

Pog

10char

1 Like

I was wondering where all the quests were, ty for the update

2 Likes

The ice stone has melted

6 Likes

Will there be a chance to get the Spirit of Competition pet on retail?

1 Like

2 week prepatch though, btw

8 Likes

This is ridiculous. Stop coddling unproductive people. If they didn’t get to 70 by now, or within the next 2 weeks with the xp buff from the Midsummer (which is right now IRL) fire festival, that is 100% them not being dedicated to accomplishing it. Bad form, Blizzard. Genuinely disappointed that this is what you decided to do while going out of your way to pressure us to level quickly with a 2 week pre-patch.

5 Likes

“Every two years the Spirits of Competition grow especially fervent… and now is that time! We wear this tabard into the Battlegrounds to honor them, seeking to defeat our enemies and earn their favor.” - Post when this originally happened

“This event only occurred once before in the history of WoW, to coincide with the 2008 Summer Olympics” - What actually happened

I’m still aggravated that I believed the devs the first time around, and so was expecting to be able to pick up this pet two years later. Had they just been honest and upfront, I would have worked harder to get it when it was available.

So… Any chance of having the devs lie to us just a little less on this, in retail? Ever?

3 Likes

I’d argue the people who are 70 and have cleared T4 already are the unproductive ones

10 Likes

You’d be wrong lol

2 Likes

This is exactly what I tell my wife when I forget our wedding anniversary.

12 Likes

This is great news!!

1. Thank you so much for communicating with us!
  2. It’s awesome that you’ve decided to do the Olympics event again. We need more of this to recreate the proper feel of what it was like 15 years ago.
  3. Thank you so much for identifying that not everyone plays like the sweat lords.
  4. Can we get some sort of more frequent communication, like this? Something like a proper blog on a weekly or bi-weekly basis?
4 Likes

You can argue all you want. Blizzard needs to stop coddling people like you that seem to think the world needs to go on pause for them while they casually make their way through it. If you can’t do a 1 day grind in a 3 week span (or the 2 week span of the event where there’s even a big xp bonus) then you should not be the demographic they consider when making decisions for the future of their game.

3 Likes

YESSSS! Olympics \o/

I was also sad it never returned in retail.

Hopefully we get some MR T MOHAWK ACTION SOON! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1vF3-BsoxE

2 Likes

Bring it back to retail.