Blizzard’s main reason that I have seen posted for not taking action quicker when servers die is “Some people like small servers” So when servers that used to be high population, drop down to zero to barely nothing, that is the only reasoning I see for them not taking action they have provided.
- Make “low population only” servers with a of players so they dont affect those that want a high population + thriving economies, big world pvp etc.
- Set a threshold for each low, medium, high pop servers. when they reach below range - action is immediately taken - no waiting months for solutions while watching servers die… no waiting for next update / patch or expansion…
- Blizzard to stop making excuses for why they dont already have this in place, have a full time team or persons designated to full time balancing, merging servers or offering free transfers to keep things exciting + thriving.
- Blizzard to stop manipulating & using the misfortune of dying servers to make $ on player transfers. When I think about how many ppl have spent amount transferring sometimes all 10 of their max character limit to another server because blizzard fails to act - it makes me sick.
- Blizzard is not just failing keeping servers populated, but they fail to balance “horde vs alliance” Like why is this even possible or happening that some of these mega mass populated servers are all horde or all alliance? No incentives from blizzard to have players free transfer to help balance them? Why they doing nothing to balance these properly?? Free “alliance” only transfers to High horde populated servers… Or Free “horde” only transfers to high alliance populated servers…
It’s really too bad. seems like there was more oversight, more GMs, more staff when blizzard first ran wow servers many years ago. You would have thought the system would have gotten better with time, with the most popular mmorpg ever… not stayed the same or gotten worse.