Bug with WQ Reward Item Level

Hi,

I’m currently running into an issue where the ilvl for a WQ reward changes seemingly randomly. I’m currently playing on my hunter, rngsucks, with level 60 with 12 renown and 162 ilvl. For this particular world quest, “Trashin’ the Camp”, the reward ilvl first said 161 for the Master Duelist’s Chit when I first looked at it in Ardenweld. Then, I flew over to the WQ and when I opened the map again, it said that the ilvl for the Master Duelist’s Chit was 151. I did nothing besides fly over (renown, owned ilvl, etc. were all exactly the same). This seems like a bug, I was wondering if this could be fixed. I have some screenshots of the issue, though I can’t quite figure out how to attach them to this post; I can send them if needed.

I had previously run into this problem before with a similar WQ, and received 151 gear from a WQ where I expected 161. It would be really helpful if this bug could be fixed :).

Thanks!

6 Likes

Update: I’ve managed to replicate the bug. The ilvl always says 161 when my character is in Ardenweald, but 151 when outside of Ardenweald. Is it the case that ilvl is higher for the covenant area WQs?

1 Like

Update 2: Nevermind, there doesn’t appear to be a correlation between my character being in Ardenweald, as it appears to swap randomly regardless.

Same issue. WQ’s show 161 in my garrison, hearth to Oribos, they drop down to 148.

Given that my ilvl is 161… the one shown when I’m out of the zone seems more accurate?!

3 Likes

I too am experiencing a similar issue where the world quest reward is completely changing from the soul bind item spirit attunement to different items once i get to the area the quest is located in. This has happened to me twice in the last 10 minutes. First time changing the spirit attunement to a cloak and the next time in a completely different zone it changed the reward to gold

1 Like

Same issue.

I was in Oribos and noticed a WQ having an ilvl of 171 on a trinket (an upgrade).

I flew to the zone to complete the quest and it changed to 148. Character is 163 so it is pointless.

Definitely something going on here.

2 Likes

Yep. I’ve posted about my experience here, with screenshots, too. Same type of issue. World map showing one set of ilevels in one location, take a few steps down the street, and a different ilevel is shown altogether.

To clarify, mine don’t seem random. They seem to change based on where I’m standing.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-ilevel-on-world-map-tied-to-location-of-character/783826

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue. I thought it was because the ilvl just wasn’t updating, but it definitely seems to be location based.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/renown-10-world-quest-ilvl-not-updating/780463/8

1 Like

I have encountered this same bug twice today on two different characters with the “Trashin’ the Camp” WQ in Revendreth. When it happened on my first toon I thought it was my imagination and that I had made a mistake, but just now I paid special attention: the trinket reward ilvl was listed as 171, then I hearthed to my covenant hall and it had changed to 161.

At the same time, the “All Will Be Consumed” WQ in Maldraxxus was showing a conduit reward of Fleeting Wind ilvl 171, but after hearthing it changed to 250g.

Here I thought for a week that my Monk was bugged for ilvl. Now I now its this reported issue.

I have the same issue. If I am in my Kyran Elysian hold the Part to a Whole World Quest offer me a ilvl 171 (currently 171 ilvl myself) conduit that is best for me. As soon as I leave the hold (say go to hero’s rest) they downgrade and some of world quests disappear.

My Alt paladin is illvl 172 and leaving Elysian doesn’t lose world quests and they down downgrade ilvl or change rewards.

I see two less world quests on my monk and their ilvl goes down OR their reward changes.

Just to clarify I’ve recreated this issue with all addons disabled with vanilla UI and had the world quest tracked and actively see it change leaving the Elysian Hold.

I opened an in game ticket about this, and we DELIGHTED to see that i have 12Day estimated response time to their awful boring and broken expansion issues. Looks like round TWO of BetaForShadowlands

2 Likes

Same issue here. My WQs work perfectly normally for my mage but when I swap to my DK I get the above behaviour. Sit in Oribos and look at WQs, see a 158 trinket, fly out to Revendreth and it becomes a 148 version (did the WQ to be sure and did indeed get a 148).

Or see a 158 Conduit WQ in Maldraxxus and fly out with my map open, the moment I zone into Mal the map updates and it becomes a cash gold reward.

I’ve run into this issue twice now on my DK. Yesterday I went to do a WQ that said it would reward a 168 trinket but when I completed the quest I got a 158 trinket instead. Last night the mission table had a quest that said it would reward a 168 weapon but this morning I got a 158 weapon instead.

Super frustrating.

Yep, all the gear rewards I can see in the world when I’m in Oribos are 171.

When I get to the zones (i.e. Bastion) they’re 164 and below.

My character is ilvl 177 so this shouldn’t be happening.

1 Like

Dang, same thing just happened to me.

Has everyone that’s having the problem hit renown 10, when WQ iLVL is supposed to go up ? Wondering if the bug is related to that.

1 Like

I think it must be. There’s no way I should still be seeing level 148 stuff on the map when I’m at renown 12 and iLvl 177.

But this is definitely broken and IT IS NOT AN ADDON ISSUE, BLIZZARD. It happens no matter what, including having no addons active at all.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. iLevel says it should be 161 for gear, or 158 for conduits, and it is giving me 148 gear and 145 conduits. This is after I got my renown high enough to get the world quest reward boost.

ticket closed with no answer, stating they literally to busy to CARE!

1 Like

It’s definitely a bug… Icy Veins is reporting it now. Hopefully Wowhead will follow.

This is definitely a major game issue.

1 Like