Bug or Sabotage? Infernals non-aggressive and despawn in seconds

Why would you catch hate? I don’t think we have the same definition of hate.

Anyways, it was not changed. Your memory is inaccurate. But I don’t hate you…

1 Like

Unfair stuff like this is what makes the game a experience.

Trim and remove everything negative and you’ll eventually end back up at BFA

We cannot accept this change.

NO CHANGES

9 Likes

I would post a screenshot of the GM response, but im 99% certain blizzard would punish me for doing it.

1 Like

oh that sucks. why is blizz neutering all the fun stuff from the game? saw a thread yesterday where flightmasters insta repop after killing them and in my experience guys like warmaster laggrond are now leashed.

Actually, I will just copy paste the GM response I received because it was pretty tilting that he didn’t even read my post and that I wasn’t even contacted even though I was online when the ticket was answered. Customer service has gone down the drain since the earlier days. Response below, still waiting on a reply from the follow-up ticket I opened.

"Heyo, Game Master Pozenex here to help. :]

I see you’ve been playing since 05, 14 years, that’s awesome! :smiley: I understand you’re having some issues with trying to control your infernal. So checking out your character, yes this actually is something that can happen in Classic and is how it worked in Vanilla. You have limited control over higher demons :]

Fair travels and bountiful loot, bows"

Again - a total disregard to the original question.

9 Likes

Looks like someone filed a bug report

2 Likes

I did too. I urge all people to report it as a bug as well.

1 Like

This is just sad. You’re not the only class that feels gutted.

Us pet classes gotta stick together

2 Likes

One of my first memories in WoW was getting absolutely friggin’ obliterated by a Warlock’s Infernal in Astranaar.

I really hope they dont QoL the Infernals with the excuse of “Well its not fair to other players”

4 Likes

They don’t seem to understand those QoL changes are what made the current game garbage.

3 Likes

What the hell? Even if it is a bug, how do you botch something like that that badly? If this isn’t a bug, I will legitimately quit.

As will I.

Yeah, what? This absolutely reads like someone didn’t even bother to understand your question.

I’m gonna report it as a bug too. This is silly.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to update you on the next response. I couldn’t have been more clear the 2nd time around.

Let the Infernals be free!

2 Likes

UPDATE: 2nd response from GM

"Hey there Alleymonkey, Game Master Mhaedarnoe here! Thanks for taking the time to contact me with your issue, I know your time is valuable.

I understand you still had some concerns regarding how your infernal was acting after you released control of it.

I did some more digging into this to see what I could find out. I was able to find some posts on the forums that seem to support what you’re saying here. However, I never actually played a Warlock back in Vanilla and only really remember how Druids played.

I can’t find anything official that supports what you mentioned here to be able to say for a fact if this is working properly or not. However, I do know that the Developers were intending to create the genuine Classic experience and everything should be working the way it did before with just a few Quality of Life changes. The best thing to do in this case would be to submit a bug report in-game after you try what you mentioned. That way, the report captures logs of your character and it’s surroundings at the time and the Developers can look into this further and make sure everything is working properly.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
  2. Click Submit bug.
  3. Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  4. Click submit.

Thanks again for contacting me with your issue! If you encounter anything else we may be able to assist you with, please feel free to give us a shout!"

So this is a small issue to the larger majority that the play the game. If we want to get the attention of the Devs, we need a lot of people to submit bug reports. I’ve already had everyone I know submit bug reports but we certainly need as many people as we can get. We all know that this is not working even close to how it was working back in Vanilla and hopefully it gets resolved before I give up hope, unsubscribe, and go back to private servers where things worked correctly.

6 Likes

I feel this is probably a ‘modern reality’ support-related change with Blizzard having a smaller support GM team handling WoW. Like loot trading in raids and RCR, this change probably belong to the same category.

As fun as the chaos cause by the loose infernals were back then, each time it happens, it also generated alot of support tickets that tied up alot of GM support resources unnecessarily.

While they’re at it, please set Intimatiding Shout for Warriors to hit everyone in the AE effect radius. I’d like the things that got nerfed in Vanilla un-nerfed too.

Oh wait… I mean IT WAS ALWAYS THIS WAY. #nochanges.

Blizzard not wanting to spend a little extra money to provide support for a game people pay for is not a reason to remove content that existed in the version they are trying to recreate.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s a bug that gets addressed. If it was a deliberate change…that would be very, very bad.

I didn’t like the way they handled the ‘testing’ of the game in the first place. And they stopped the closed beta at level 40, after we already knew their in-house testing was…sub-par, to put it nicely.