Buff Mages?

95-99% consistently have kill times 40s-2minutes longer than the fastest kill times for every boss. Player skill is more important a factor than speed. And it depends on the fight, and the spec. Some specs prefer the fight to last longer, up to a point.

Saying “high parses are faster kills” is laughably false, talking about 95-99.

They need some sort of self heal, that’s for sure!

1 Like

I get by stacking Cauterizing Blink x3. Fun as Arcane especially. :smiley:

No, buff mages would look weird.

No… you can’t. for instance. In Oppulence. The ones that parse are the ones that get Opal, or the healers that take left side over right… the way you parse on champions is by cheesing it and using the adds on top of the boss and one or two healing it for healers, the way you parse on grong is you don’t pick up the orb and you stay on boss…

you’re so naive lol.

yea…yup have absolutely 0 proof of this. but if by any small chance you are correct… you just disprove your first point because people leaving something up to pad is a … wait for it… dun …dun…duuuuuun… parse run.

Every boss requires the add to die… name one in BoD that doesn’t.

Healing parses are a meme. So not really sure why you would mention that.

And most people get opal, and it’s not padding, so???

Which is a two man job. So the other 12 dps are padders?

Which is also the fastest way to kill it, and the least painful for farm.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n3wr9ygYLxJV1dam#fight=47&type=damage-done

Rank 10 in the world. Prot warrior.

You don’t see this kind of excessive play in mythic though. Champions, maybe, hell even Conclave if you’re really daring. The rest? Aside from r1 hunting guilds (again, like AKF R) you won’t see it, and it won’t affect the data below 100%. Sometimes, 99, but that’s case by case.

They have to die. They don’t have to die quickly. I even explained that a bit for you.

Because they aren’t a meme?

If you’re doing it correctly… you know… because you wanna do the mechanics to kill the boss… you need people to get topaz and ruby and also… you can only take a certain amount of opal. so only the people you choose to parse will.

Again…this is a parse run. Proving that people set up parses even though you say they only play well lmao…also… this hasn’t even been out for two weeks so the stats for the crucible bosses are still pretty skewed.

I seriously don’t even have to argue with you because you are proving my points for me.

Except you do. Because no one cares about heroic parses.

You set up the fights to parse once you have them on farm, that’s why 99th percentile doesn’t matter. 75% is where the progression happens. That’s where the vast majority of players are and that’s the best sample size. 99th percentile is an outlier because those players achieve near perfection in their parses.

Um… pretty sure they do. Every add will wipe the raid especially in mythic. heroic you can hold out for longer if you have a mythic geared group… but then that’s not the norm is it… that’s a parse run and an outlier

in the end what matters is the majority of people, not the 1% top… and for the majority of the people mages are not in a great spot.

4 Likes

I’m going to have to agree with Kozzie about your now 2-day back and forth quote battle. I think the 75th percentile is more representative of the “good” players rather than the best of the best.

Hate to keep harking back to this, but since I WAS one of those top 1 per-centers at one point, I would hate for my top 3 world DPS Saurfang kill in ICC to be compared to any sort of class balance adjustments at the end of WOTLK. I was being fed innervates from Druids and power infusions from Priests and my guild was actually TRYING to get me on those top World of Logs charts at the time. Which I’m assuming happened with a bunch of the other top performers. And I am assuming it’s still happening now with those guilds just f’ing around with their farm kills.

We want to focus more on the upper-middle average rather than the top spots. And yes add damage counts, just as it does on M+.

6 Likes

What ive noticed is that the people with only normal or no progression on any of the raids, are commenting about mages being in a good spot.

3 Likes

You don’t need Topaz.

Only need 2-3 people on ruby.

Or, big thought here, the people who are best suited for ruby take ruby, the best people for opal take opal, and on and on.

Oh, my, God. Do you read anything I actually say?

“Parse runs” only affect r1s. That means 100 percentile. They are done by guilds such as AFK R here.

Parse runs do not affect the 95-99 percentile. Those are separate. The percentiles exist to divide the parses up, not to randomly suit your “argument”

No, you’re not even making points. You’re not even reading my points. You’re blindly ignoring anything that goes against your pre-conceived notions as “obviously wrong”.

No. It’s. Not. Based on what. Bring me data. Literally anything to provide that.

PARSING IS NOT PADDING. For Christ’s sake, you sound like a child. “All those big mythic raiders coming in and playing properly, clearly padding”

It’s legit just playing properly. Actually LOOK at a log by someone who gets 99%. It’s not “pad” it’s not “parse groups” it’s just a raid, clearing the content, with someone playing optimally.

I literally explained this already.

They achieve that perfection by playing optimally. You don’t need to pad or have a special parse group set up to freaking play the game optimally you nincompoop

The majority of players are garbage who don’t play their spec to it’s fullest potential. They play poorly and blame their spec. Always.

Hate to tell you this, but the majority of players before ~MoP era at a high end played like degens compared to today’s weaponized autism.

Why would you talk about good when you can talk about the best. A spec being played sub-optimally is not representative of what it can actually do. A spec’s tuning can only be seen properly when it’s actually doing it’s optimal output. By an actually skilled player.

Not in heroic, it’s a joke, it’s used for pad, see the logs linked for God’s sake.

You literally cannot compare raiding and m+, in any facet.

Those. Are. The. 100. Percentile. Logs. Read. Literally. Anything. I. Say. Don’t. Just. Respond.

I am a pretty buff mage.

This guys arms are huge. We are talking pythons here.

Drez, may we see your rank 100 parses then?

Meh, you can argue with everything for the sake of arguing, that’s fine, but it doesn’t mean it makes any sense.

Blizzard isn’t going to balance Mages around the top 5% of players. It’s never, ever worked like that. Guilds who get top 100 world kills are likely using the most optimal…everything. Spec specific gear, multiple Azerite pieces with traits tailored for specific bosses. Basically things MOST of the rest of the “good” players (read: probably top 1000 or so world guilds) don’t have access to, or time to farm.

We are trying to gather a large portion of “good” players as an average, not the best of the best of a “what if” scenario. That doesn’t help almost anyone.

5 Likes

Hybrid and pure-DPS no longer mean anything, and thank the Light for that! These days all specs are meant to perform somewhat equally in their designated role, though obviously the numbers are never perfectly balanced.

Wow. So instead of having a discussion, you just reply with this. I think I just had an aneurysm.

Then tell me what they balance around. And provide something to back it up. Beyond “because it makes sense lol”

You’re not confusing parsing and percentiles with progression.

It’s not a what if though. It’s replicatable. It’s just. Playing. Well. Oh. My. God.

So use the 95 percentile. you’re welcome.

May we see yours?

yea… no point in arguing with a troll. i don’t know why i get caught up replying to people who are clearly don’t know anything…

maybe post on your main? Because as of right now you are literally posting on a troll account with almost 0 achievements calling people children for proving you wrong.

I actually do mythic content. I know what it takes to parse at the 100. And 99% of the time you have to be optimally set up to parse, because for the most part parsing high is not just about playing optimally it’s about min maxing the entire encounter.

But that’s neither here not there… because the point is that the health of a class is determined by he majority, not the outliers and the majority are the 75%.

And i’m one with you because your troll antics bore me… bye felicia.

4 Likes

Its not letting post links, but
Im not the best mage by a long shot, i do mess up from time to time, but i however do have many 99 parses from this expansion as a whole. If you look at each raid. I got them by my guild letting me pad.

How ever sweetteabag - proudmoore, you can look it up.

1 Like

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/proudmoore/sweetteabag#spec=Any&zone=21&difficulty=4

you can post links like this FYI. Just need to put ` before and after a link. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Fire could use some love, it’s been gutted and they make one of our prime abilities a talent (Phoenix flames) one thing they could do to make fire great again is bring PF back to being baseline, if nothing else this would make many fire mages so very happy.