Brutosaur % to appear in BMAH lowered/ Removed From BMAH Rotation

Maybe I’m not remembering it clearly, but didn’t Blizzard themselves announce that it was being removed like a year before Shadowlands came out? Because I came back into the game after the pandemic started, and I already knew it was going to be removed by reading an official blizzard article on the launcher.

Or are you talking about the box thing?

No. Let me get you the link to the reveal thread. Hang on…

Here you go:

Looks Like the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur might Be Unobtainable In 9.0.1 - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

We had 9-10 months, and worse, remember, we didn’t know the release date, so it was a very miserable grind. Took me 4.5 months, playing so much more that I would care to. I wanted it because the coloring reminded me of Moebius.

1 Like

Fine, they could have removed the AH or changed it to a mailbox or banker. Or another transmog npc. They didn’t have to remove the mount.

3 Likes

Oh, ok I see.

Well, I don’t wanna play devil’s advocate, but datamining is always first. At everything. Wowhead sees changes before they’re officially announced. That’s always been the case, and it will likely remove so. They push a change and then they make announcements.

I doubt Blizzard would have ninja-disappeared them without giving ample warning, but we’ll never know.

What I would like to for them to do is clarify the box situation for those that may be sitting on 10m gold waiting to gold cap it.

you know what, that’s actually a really good thought. There’s nothing that forced them to keep the AH portion - that could have been a feature they removed or something, and I think players would understand why…but I agree that the mount itself could have remained available from the original vendor.

Even if they removed the AH portion and added like a vendor with up-to-date consumables or something, it would have been good enough for me.

1 Like

The only reason they announced it was being removed is cause it was datamined by player base it was being removed, they had to come out and admit it and it was less then year when they posted the info of removal…

1 Like

That’s pure speculation, we’ll never know. It may or may not be the case. /shrug

I wouldn’t put it past them to ninja remove the mount…they just about ninja the info on change in Battle Pet charm changes from Legion too BfA…thousands upon thousands of players got stuck with older pet charm cause …there was only a little blip on the radar about that change…Many pet battlers are still pissy about that one years later.

That’s a fair point. However, I would counter that normatively these gold sink mounts are not removed at all - so the moment they made the decision to remove it, it should have been announced.

You know, I’ll toddle on over to CS and see if some kind Blue over there might be willing to clarify it. I’ll update if they can spare the time. It’s not really a CS issue, so they may not respond.

May all your adventures be epic!

You’re right. I don’t think they initially intended for it to be that way, but they eventually realized they made a mistake by making such a thing.

That said, the two best AHing (the alliance shrine in MoP and Booty Bay) don’t require a Bruto, but the power and flexibility of the Bruto is orders of magnitude higher than that of the mammoth or the yak.

Moving it to the BMAH is fine honestly.

They didn’t have to add it to the BMAH at all. They could have simply removed it from the game for all those who didn’t have it already like they have for other expansion specific rewards. They chose not to, so now you can get it on the BMAH, or if you’re lucky, you can get it from the Black Market Containers. One of which depending on who bids and who doesn’t, could potentially give you the mount for far less than you would have paid had it been available from the vendor still.

Of course that really depends on luck and how busy the BMAH is at any given moment.

Yes. The kind of thing you make available in a game for a limited time are vanity items - like a pet that 's a different color but has the same base stats. Not something like a 5M mount with a unique and very desirable ability.

Agreed. I even have the Garrison AH, even more advantageous than Shrine & BB as it has its own Hearthstone.

But I have to say, for something that I thought would be situationally convenient when I was raiding (for those who never come prepared), I have now realized it’s amazingly fantastic! I no longer have to go into the city to see that nitwit dancing on the podium thrusting his pelvis into the AH’s face or the various other things that I’d rather not see when placing a business transaction. So glad I got it.

No it was never stated when they introduced the Brutosaur mount that it would be for only a limited time…that’s a flat out lie now…Nov of 2019 around then is when it was found by the player base via data-mining that the change in achievements it was being changed too a Feat…

2 Likes

Well, the real beauty of BB and Shrine is that you have a mailbox, guild bank (which is an extension of your bags if you’re a serious goldmaker) and the auctioneer all the reach of a mouse button, no movement required. That kind of convenience you can’t get anywhere else.

But yeah, I agree. I don’t use my Bruto for goldmaking, but for convenience. I pick up stuff at instances, at raids… do I get a drop? Pop and mount, gem and enchant it. That’s been massive QoL for me.

BUT there’s a lot of people that think people with Brutos have an unfair advantage at goldmaking and that’s just not true.

1 Like

Hello, please don’t spread misinformation regarding the Brutosaur announcement as doing so is highly detrimental to the community. Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

Then need to unthink that idea…my reason for getting the mount wasn’t even the AH or making gold cause of the AH on it…I brought it for being a damn cool looking mount. I have Bank/AH alt in game already to do my AH dealings…

Please don’t post broken/malformed links. Any trust level can post a link by enclosing it in ` this is a grave mark and is the other thing on the ~ key usually located next to the number 1 on the keyboard.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/859544656626188358/871053411179720724/unknown.png

You can find this information in the style and syntax guide stickied at the top of the forum.

The bruto did help with inflation. I remember the WoW token being around 120k at the end of BFA. It was well over 250k at the end of Legion.

In MMO’s you need ways to delete gold from the economy or you get hyper inflation.