Brutosaur % to appear in BMAH lowered/ Removed From BMAH Rotation

• More of the newest additions to the Black Market Auction House have been added to the Unclaimed Black Market Container, including the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur.

I rest my case.

I could care less about it as a mount. I just want the portable AH. Or just let us put AHs in our sanctum or in Oribos. I spend hours waiting in queues and would be nice to be able to access AH without going to bank alt or back to old wow and be able to keep working on current content.

People tell me all the time how they wish they had CM gear/T3 etc. I still have buddies to this day who are mad they never got their ZG tiger. It’s a thing.

I know every time I get on my spectral tiger people wish they had it. You might not, but you’re a minority in that department. Most players definitely wish they had rare items to “flex”.

Same. Just like the Yak. I only care that it lets me hide helmet anytime I pick up a new helmet, and/or lets me get rid of all the junk in my bags.

1 Like

I think Nephritis the problem lays on the community when they announced they were removing it due no reason , everyone were like Ok thats fine , yes good job , blizzard youre the best , you should take my gold too , where do i pay you guys a coffee great idea , why was this not removed before ? , can you remove it faster ?
And also most of the community stayed silent now we the old players coming back or the new players are basically screwed .

They can go back and bring it back as a token of good will so they can get some of the trust they lost back , but it depends on how many people want the mount back , or do it like the manoroth tusks in BMAH a few weeks ago for a week allow brutosaur to be purchased in the BMAH .

guess on a purely RNG bases, that means some lucky player might get it for round 20k

Personally when it was announced they were removing it, I just rolled my eyes and immediately lost all interest in even trying for it, as 5,000,000 gold was this ludicrous thing to even think about attempting unless you’re a no-lifer and/or an AH bot.

At first I thought it was future-proofing against creeping inflation, that they’d added to the game so that in future expansions when people got too much gold, that this’d suck some of it back out of the economy as players accumulated too much, but how wrong I was…

Now we have EVEN MORE inflation due to every character getting 1800 gold per day for 30 minutes of work + another 2k a week for doing some dailies, but the mount is gone. So WTF purpose did that solve? Now it’s 50g to buy a single piece of cloth in the AH and tokens are 180k.

They are already worth getting if people like them. They do not need to be limited time to be worthwhile.

If you do not like one, that is fine. It does not mean others should be cut off at a certain date from buying it.

1 Like

Limited-time sales are nothing more than a device to drum up hype in something that would otherwise not be worth the asking price.

Look at the Classic NES and Classic SNES.

Same stupid junk. $120 for what are basically two pis running an emulator each with like 10 roms on it. Um. ok. I guess?

But the LIMITED TIME OFFER tag always gets people to reach for their wallet, because FOMO.

I can only imagine Blizzard received a lot of stimmy money for people panicking to get their longbois in time.

Which also makes me surprised it doesn’t pop up on the BMAH more often.

Agreed. It’s sometimes tricky, but I always make sure that at least one full side of the mailbox is accessible. (yes, I know, you can click through, but it’s not the same thing.)

I like to choose mailboxes at random flight points. There is usually more room around them. The ones in Oribos International you can’t really do it; I always pop it a few feet away.

That’s WHY it’s not on the BMAH for longer.

If it weren’t such a limited time deal, Blizz wouldn’t have made thousands of dollars selling WoW Tokens for people to scramble to get the stupid thing before it disappears, if it were there forever.

No FOMO = No Impulse Panic Buys.

This guy posts like a paladin.

This whole crap of removing the Brutosaur is just that a BS move on Blizzard part…I can remember back in LK not everyone could afford the Mammoth …heck most of player base didn’t get a Mammoth till mid Cata or MoP…it was and still bad business on Blizzard for removing this mount from the vendor…

2 Likes

The thing with the AH mount is they regret putting it in the first place. If they could go back they wouldn’t have done it. and I agree they shouldn’t have. but now that its out making it unattainable isn’t cool to do your player base.

1 Like

They could have used this mount to fix the crippling inflation on the market, to be quite honest.

That, and/or stop handing the players thousands of gold for nothing would help too. I about rolled my eyes the first time I did a calling and saw that each one gives 1500+ gold. Like what in the actual frick made the developers think that players need 1500g being handed to each character, every day?

What’s wrong with the mount?

That it lets you get AH access from anywhere?

You can already do that with your phone IRL, can’t you?

If anything it’d make those of us who don’t want to use the phone app (or the rare of us who don’t have phones) have such an ability to use the AH anywhere to level the playing field some.

And I don’t really get why you think forcing everybody to run back to a town or log onto an alt is a good thing. It’s annoying to force us all into a new hub and then deprive us of certain services like AH.

It would leave stormwind & ogrimar empty. And you’d have new players going to the main city and seeing it empty.

From a Development perspective, it does. I don’t agree with it, but it’s common knowledge and has been stated by Devs over the years - they want their player base in the major faction cities. They want those two hubs to be “alive”. The AH is the one thing that generates the most traffic.

Their error was putting an AH vendor on the mount in the first place.

Now what they should have done, in order to at least offer an olive branch in light of their mistake, was to re-release it in SL w/out the AH. Maybe a redesign of the saddle, add a tea set, something. There are a number of players that just want the mount, and don’t really care about the AH. I myself fell into that category.

Eh, considering the AH is just one building, the rest of the city is still going to be empty other than the occasional person zipping to and fro, and besides.

If I want the AH, I usually go to Ironforge and Thunder Bluff anyhow, rather than SW/Org.

And again, the whole thing with the phone app kinda negates that whole argument.

It’s OK to use the AH WHILE NOT EVEN LOGGED INTO THE GAME but it’s not OK for the average joe to use the AH in Oribos unless they are an engineer?

Yet another instance of the developers not caring about what the players want, to be honest.

Developers want one thing, and don’t care what the players want. I kinda wish the main cities weren’t so populous. I hate Lagwind City, and I hate being CRZ’d into a 500+ population Lagwind City. I liked it back at the start of the expansion when it didn’t do that, but all the roleplayers whined that there was a bit less (but very reasonable) population there.

And again: The phone app. You know, that thing that lets you access the AH through the phone while you’re not even logged on? Did they regret making that, too?

And also, I find it laughable that they want SW/Org to be the “Main Hubs” and every expansion, they drop a new hub on us with everything except an AH.

if they want SW/Org to be alive, then why not put things in those two places that we actually care about, other than the AH?

But then I suppose with the ludicrous inflation these days, I barely touch the AH anyhow. It’s not like I’m buying anything for the ridiculous prices people want for anything, and anytime I try to sell, I get instantly undercut by the phone botters. So the AH is 99% useless to me anyhow.