Brutosaur offers a clear advantage

You’re missing OP’s point and conflating OP’s issue with your own for some reason. It’s tacky.

It is a perceived advantage.

There are still AH’s sprinkled throughout the capital cities. You likely aren’t buying and selling extensively out in the world.

So it is hardly an “advantage”.

How many bosses did the brutosaur help you kill? How many pvp matches did you win as a result?

Where is the advantage? It saves you 30 seconds from running to the AH?

1 Like

The advantage of

checks notes

not having to walk 100 feet to the mailbox from the AH

1 Like

Which over a month or year can add up to hours of time spent travelling.

Also in situations where you need a lot of different mats like the Renown cosmetics, that can save you 15-30 minutes or research/travel by being able to just hope on the AH mount right next to the vendor.

1 Like

What did any of it have to do with FOMO? Nothing.

Don’t worry, they will likely add it to the trading post at some point.

1 Like

I think people are greatly overestimating how often they have to constantly be on the AH.

The pbone app has an auction house. Not a big deal, and i don’t have a bruto.

They need to add multiple colors of vendorless brutosaurs to the vendor, including large, medium, and small ones. And add the original back.

1 Like

I have it on my account (never bought a token, just played a ton of legion where gold was easy to come by), and I agree that an AH capable mount, whether that be return of the brutosaur, or a new model entirely, should be placed on a vendor for 5 million gold again.

It was dumb for blizzard to introduce this and then take it away within one expansion. The model itself is unique and the functionality that it offers cannot be replicated by any other means, bar the the dreamsurge buff.

2 Likes

There was a dude in Bastion that would move about every 10 seconds. I stopped using random brutos because a couple of times i tried to sell an expensive potion and right when i right clicked the item to post it, he moved, and it cast onto me istead of sell. But it was maybe only 10% of long bois that trolled like that.

1 Like

You just can’t tell whether that guy standing next to the AH vendor is using it to make a quick purchase or listing, planning on staying there to do business for hours, or just afk and randomly happens to be there. It’s not different from someone standing next to the transmog vendor. Are they using it to test out their entire wardrobe, or are they washing dishes?

But I’m only at most 45 seconds from an AH at any given time. Hearthstone, Dalaran Hearthstone, Dreamwalk that gives me an easy Dalaran portal, to SW portal.

Having a walking AH seems really neat, I won’t lie, it does, but in all honesty it would not change how I play in the least. I AH at any time that I want, there are always portals. You would need to prove that seconds or at most a minute would prevent you from selling your goods, and in my experience they don’t sell that fast so . . . I’m good. That’s all I’m saying is that I don’t have a brutosaur but accessing the AH is so simple it is not an issue.

1 Like

I already have a Brutosaur so I’ve come to this post to say that having Mini Tyrael gives a clear advantage in the game, therefore I really really need one.

Thank you for listening.

People who invested in IBM in 1982 have a permanent, banking-account wide advantage over other investors.

What other things can we wish we could go back in time for?

1 Like

There was this girl that hit on me when I was in my early 20s. I was completely oblivious. The memory still plays on repeat in my head, typically as I am trying to fall asleep to make me feel stupid.

2 Likes

Sure it can. I think you’re overstating it right now. You know you can just park a character at an AH, right? They’re usually called a bank alt or AH alt. And do you really think spending god knows how much gold on the brutosaur is “worth it” when it’ll take god knows how long to make back that gold that you could have not spent/wasted anyway…honestly, it’s fine. Good lord.

Btw, I’m pretty sure gone are the days of people trying to dominate markets and play the AH for profit. The most profit now comes from actually playing the game, not sitting on a brutosaur or at an AH

1 Like

Okay so what if you are trying to level professions and need to keep visiting AH for mats then head back to learn from the trainer? Or you need a quick potion where you may be at, and not want to travel all the way to a city to get it and then go all the way back where you were. Or a quest requires a certain thing that you can buy from the AH.

So that being said it DOES give thoses a clear advantage to thoses who have the BRUTO!!

1 Like

you mean a paid advantage for the people that decide to get it, i am fine with that. Also the advantage is for the players around the brutosaur mount since they can leech from it too.

Anyone who uses that auction house a lot got the mount. For people who just dabble it is nothing to just use the auction house provided.