Brutosaur offers a clear advantage

Another brutosaur post. The problem with this mount is that the few players who do have it now have a permanent, account-wide advantage over the players that dont. The power of having an ah at your fingertips ANYWHERE you go can’t be overstated. It lets players not have to swap to a bank alt, not have to return to major cities, buy what they need as they go, sell what they dont want as they go… i’m tired of pretending this is no big deal.

I’m not crying about wanting one either, rather i dont think anyone should have access to an ah like this, my solution is to remove the ah vendor on board and give them a barber or something, maybe some gold as an apology, and let them keep their removed mount.

28 Likes

Well, since the people that bought it did it with the AH being a major factor, it would majorly suck if Blizz rolled that back.
No one wanted to pay 5million for a barber shop and repair mount.

37 Likes

Or…

• Twitch drop
  • Trading post 1200 tendies
  • Add back to vendor for 5M gold

Any of these would be cool with me. :wink:

51 Likes

Blizzard has been going back and offering all sorts of unobtainables lately.

Maybe you’ll get your Brutosaur eventually after all. :sauropod:

Haha. Well, I got a good laugh.

5 Likes

I love having one because I have a double advantage! every hour I can go back to my favorite farming spots instantly with a camp site and sell Immediatly. Im so Glad I jumped on the opportunity to get this mount when I could. ITS SO RAD! IMA TRUE TRAVELING MERCHANT NOMAD!

15 Likes

Yet, it usually is, by people who don’t have one.

18 Likes

You’ve unlocked the entire point of the mount. Congratulations. THAT’S THE REASON IT EXISTS.

18 Likes

And yet you’re managing to do it. I thought The Flash was the impossible.

4 Likes

don’t have it and I don’t see how it’s an “advantage” QoL timer saver? sure but thats about it. Mailing things to my bank alt and posting them takes all of about the 20 sec logout time and a 5 sec load into my bank alt.

12 Likes

LOL! It isn’t that big of an advantage, unless the only part of the game you play is the auction house. For me, I couldn’t care less about the long boy.

13 Likes

There was no good reason for removing it in the first place. Add it back for 5 million gold. What is Blizzard afraid of? There aren’t that many people with that kind of money lying around anyway.

11 Likes

You pay big dollar for the convenience , its not an advantage lol

8 Likes

Meh. Ive got 2 bank alts parked in Org. Id never bother with the Auction house on my main while im out and about because my main doesnt handle auctions. I mail everything and post auctions once a day. At the same time every morning. Save a lot of time this way.

What I really want is a mount with a mailbox.

13 Likes

Tbh you would still want to consolidate your sales on one character anyway as maintaining auctions across multiple characters is annoying and inconvenient.

I’d argue toys like Katy’s Stampwhistle or any other portable mailbox is more convenient in that regard. Is it slower than simply getting on a Brutosaur if you need to get a flask and you are about to start a Brackenhide key? Yes, but not by THAT much.

2 Likes

It’s obviously a whale mount since it appeared, and I was never interested in it. Maybe if they added another color, without the vendors on it, I’d enjoy it more lol.

It’s just about as rare as several other now-unobtainable mounts, just like the ZG tiger, apparently only about 4% of the player base has one.

Is it advantageous to have one? Absolutely. But, not by much, and it’s only useful if you’re spending your time on the AH, a lot of the time lol.

But the entire thing is a gold sink in the first place, and all that have it either played AH for it, or just paid for it with tokens/IRL money.

It’s worth comes from whether or not the cost is worth it, to you lol.

But now that it’s been gone for a while, a lot more people want it.

3 Likes

I’d argue the amount of time saved by mounting up at a mailbox in Oribos throughout SL instead of taking a portal to Org is probably still not worth 5 million gold. The “value” has only gone down since we have an AH in the new continent for the first time in like a decade.

2 Likes

I’m the opposite. I think everyone should be able to still get it and that they should have boosted the vendor price of it after BFA. During BFA it was 5mil, after BFA it can be 10mil. Something crazy like that.

I never got it because I knew I couldn’t make that kind of gold before it went away (by the time I knew it was going away). I do wish it was still around so I could work towards getting it, though. I enjoy working towards stuff like that in the game.

4 Likes

I didn’t get the 5m gold in time during BfA… by early/mid SL I hit 5m and made that my new 0g mark (I.e. I pretend not even to have the 5m gold). So if another 5m gold mount comes out I would be able to get it.

I have most of the other gold mounts now but not the 2m spider (current project), the 500k rustbolt, or the 500k dino. But all planned for!

They’re giving every other rare mount in the game away for free as it is, may as well give away free longboi’s as well.

And black AQ40 mounts while we’re at it.

3 Likes

Yea im not really sure why all these people crying over the mount, its just an AH mount , even in SL it really didnt take that long to take the portal to SW or ORG… and i mean how many times are you gonna use AH in the day ?

4 Likes