How can people play WoW without addons?

There is a search bar on the top of the bank frame. Also who uses their bank nowadays? Like what do you put in/take out? For me, bank is like store random sh*t in there and never think about it for months.

Reagent bank is literally useless (at least for me). Anything i gather i immediately use for crafts OR sell it right away. Not sitting on stuff. Also having bank characters is a better way to deal with liquid gold. Pepperherb, Pepperore, Peppermeat, Bocklox, Bindstoaccou and so on. The ingame bank became so inconvenient over the years.

Even in classic, i use my bank to store all the things that got removed from the game or kept for later use, in case they put transmog in. (My beloved warrior’s bank)

Using bank is just a what-are-you-even-doing-with-your-life thing for me.

About other addons: I would die without addons like Weakauras, collection management addons, TSM when im farming and need to check the price of something, eventho i have the longboi /flex and

TSM is universally a really useful tool for everybody. Mailing, auctioning, storing, accounting etc.

In classic one of the most useful addons i had was GuildBankAudit which let me export every single item into a csv file and put it into a spreadsheet. Bellissimo! I think that’s the only addon i’ve ever had that let me use its data in a spreadsheet. I need more, please hit me up.

Honorable mentions:

• BtWQuests: :kissing_closed_eyes: :ok_hand:
  • Details: To see how bad you are with your alt
  • FasterLoot: speaks for itself
  • Simulationcraft: /simc . if you know it, you know it
  • xCT+: To make my numbers bigger.

I used to be an elvui fanboy but with DF prepatch i fell in love with the new customizable userinterface. Obviously it still needs more polish and other new features but its a really good product. The only thing i hate about it is that if you sort your bag, it puts everything on top of your bags instead of filling up your bag frame from bottom to top. This thing is killing me. I dont know if there was a remedy for that but holy moly it triggers my OCD every single time.

To answer your initial question in the title:

I have no idea. There was a point in the game’s history where if you didnt have any addons, you werent a raider at all. You couldnt do it. It was mandatory to raid with addons if you wanted to succeed in a proper guild and push for server rankings and so on. At least in my region, that is. Arena players can probably tell the same. So i have no clue. Filthy casuals i guess.

1 Like