Broken trading post item won't stop tracking

Remember this?

Well, once I finally got a response from a real person it was basically just “I dunno. :person_shrugging: Do something else for tendies? Maybe the forums can help?” So since y’all gave up on fixing it I gave up on doing it and got my tendies other ways.

BUT

The damn thing will not let me stop tracking it. Every time I log in on all my alts this damn broken thing is being tracked. Doesn’t matter how many times I get into the Traveler’s Log and untrack it, it’s being tracked again when I log back in.

Please for the love of god fix this. It’s so annoying to have this broken, incompletable thing, that you guys even gave up on trying to fix, there on my screen every time I log in.

8 Likes

My apologies, I didn’t read the previous thread. But have you tried a full UI reset? If this problem were affecting the player base in general, we’d see more reports of it. I lurk the support forums daily and participate here and there. I’ve never seen a report of this problem before.

Please note that the point of this reset is for you to see if the error occurs with a fresh UI sans any addons. Even if you never ran any addons, there could still be corruption in the UI causing the tracking glitch.

• Perform the full UI reset (with optional CVAR reset; see ‘Advanced Troubleshooting’)
  • Disable addon managers, especially if they’re set to auto-load when Windows loads, or set to auto-update your addons.
  • Reboot your machine.
  • Load up WoW. If you did the UI reset properly, you’ll see the opening cinematic and be asked to accept license agreements and code of conduct, etc.
  • Check to see if the TP is still tracked.

If it is, then this Bug Report will alert the folks that are responsible for fixing the bug.

If it is not, and your error resolved, then you can re-install your addons one-by-one, checking after each install to see if the TP tracking problem returned. If it returns after an addon install, then you’ve found the culprit and can update the addon or take the problem to that addon’s author.

Good luck!

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue. Completely blowing away my UI seems like a rather crap way to fix and I’m curious to know if you tried that and if it worked before I go down that road.

6 Likes

I’m still dealing with it. Like you, I don’t want to nuke my UI if I don’t have to. It’s annoying as hell, but I’m gonna wait until next month. Maybe it’ll go away when the new month starts for the Trading Post. If not, then I guess I’ll have to destroy and rebuild my UI.

I tested resetting all my addons (but not my UI because No.) by doing the following:

Folders in question:

…\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns
…\World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF

1. Closed the game
  2. Renamed “AddOns” to “AddOns2”
  3. Renamed “WTF” to “WTF2”
  4. Started game and logged into the 1st char in my list
  5. No Traveler’s Log displayed initially but it popped up about 10-15 seconds after login
  6. Shift-clicked it to dismiss it
  7. Logged in and out of many different chars on the same server, but no other instances of the Traveler’s Log appearing
  8. Exited game
  9. Deleted newly created “AddOns” folder and renamed “AddOns2” to “AddOns”
  10. Deleted newly created “WTF” folder and renamed “WTF2” to “WTF”
  11. Started game and logged into multiple chars and did not have any instances of the Traveler’s Log appear

Is it really fixed? We’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

Here’s another post where I replied with my work-around to the issue without having to do a full reset:

Anything in the 3 months since? I’m trying it now, and it’d be comforting to know it works permanently.

If so I will never track anything in this game ever again.

So this worked and I didn’t see it for about 3 days, and then it’s back today.

It shows up with all my addons disabled, so doesn’t seem to be an addon related issue. It’s supremely annoying.

1 Like

I am having this same issue with the tracker always being there… I have also noticed the tracker not even track my progress.

1 Like