BROKEN - Paladins now have windfury due to critical bug

Until those paladins are in R14 or Naxx gear…Imagine soloing UBRS because of exploiting.

This isn’t a balance issue.

This is a bug issue.

Cheap shotting sap existed in vanilla.

Reck bombs were patched out. Sorry to ruin your fun with facts.

Ok, going that route.

Each swing could proc either, so there is a 98% chance each swing will not proc HoJ and a 95% chance it will not proc sword specialization.

Or a 93.1% (.98 * .95) chance it will not proc either on each swing.

After you get your first proc of one of those, and trigger the expoited 2 extra attacks, there is an 86.6% chance the chain ends there (.931 * .931). There is only a 13.4% chance that the chain continues.

The odds of having 2 triggers in a row with those exploited attacks? .932% a little under 1/100 swings.

Odds of 3 in a row while perfect macro exploiting? .123% a little better than 1/1000 swings

4 in a row with perfect macro use? .016% or about 3 in every 20,000 swings.

And the odds continue to get worse.

Seriously, even with this macro literally perfectly doubling the resulting swings, the odds of it chaining far are pretty small. It still is never going to go infinite. Could it 1 shot a person? Sure, but chain procs aren’t generally going to go far.

Compounding small chances don’t go infinite.

1 Like

set your crit chance to 13% and tell me how many swings in 20 will crit

First, realizing* is the correct spelling.

Second, commas and general punctuation are your friend.

Third, no, I did not “realise” this becuase I died to a paladin or because of PvP. I just came across that video and saw how broken it is.

What would be considered infinite in the context of wow. 100% hp to 0% hp - that is as infinite as it gets.

3, 4, 7, 11, 20 procs chain procs? Your target with the exception of a dung boss or raid content died at 10 instant attacks.

1 Like

I make a dramatic amnount of speeling errors - id like to recruit you to follow me around the interwebz to repair my damage to the english language. Please and thank you in advance.

And, besides the possibility of an infinite loop, the key thing to consider:

The extra swing SHOULD NOT happen. HOJ is only meant to grant 1 extra swing, not two. Having it grant two extra attacks makes an already extremely strong trinket become extremely overpowered.

People also forget that the “extra” swing gained by using this macro with HOJ is a “normal” swing. This normal swing can proc all kinds of stuff. Crusader, Bone reavers edge armor penetration proc (or any weapon proc), windfury totem proc, sword spec proc, or even another HOJ proc - you name it.

This. The stop/start macro makes it broken, 33% more on 1 proc.

1 Like

pretty sure its spellbatchings fault, blizz should get rid of it.

1 Like

Just throwing my hat in here, but I bet this is how it was in vanilla but it’s really highly unlikely anyone even realized you could do it. Also with how much people meme on ret dps I don’t even see this as a negative. Somehow, some way people will say this is ‘not vanilla’ and yet be unable to prove it isn’t and then Blizz will patch it anyway.

3 Likes

Nobody I know or talk to wants spell batching - at least blizzard’s current implementation of spell batching.

1 Like

Most classes don’t even have to abuse stuff like this in order to generate instant death scenarios. Crits on key abilities are easier to set up and are more reliable. Paladins can store reckoning charges to 5 and deliver more pain than this will 99% of the time on a sword specced warrior. Windfury crit strings are more likely to one shot you.

Of course chain procs will happen, but they aren’t the reason this should be fixed. They are still rare (even when exploiting for added swings and proc chances)

The fact a macro is doubling the value of a proc that doesn’t behave that way normally is all that really matters here.

3 Likes

It is because of artificial and inauthentic classic spell batching, a modern day addition to the game.

2 Likes

Prove it.

Watch the op’s vid. Thats proof enough.

This is working as intended until Blizzard states otherwise. If the original game had this mechanic then it should be left in - NO CHANGES!

2 Likes

No it’s not at all. You don’t have the vanilla client to prove it. Only blizzard does.

1 Like

This. /10chars

So if the original game had an exploit that say gave you full nax gear with one special button, you’d be okay with that? Or one where you could 1-shot any mob or enemy? Where does no changes stop and exploit fixing begin?