BROKEN - Hand of justice gives Paladins windfury

Wait - you mean to link me evidence of vanilla era things (2004-2006) working as intended that contain combat parses and video footage from 2008? Really?

Faptamerica
June 20th, 2008 - 10:10 am
20:53′52.859 Faptamerica gains Seal of Command
20:53′54.093 Faptamerica gains 1 Attack from Windfury Attack
20:53′54.093 Faptamerica’s Swing hits Brutallus for 1166 Physical damage (glancing)
20:53′54.453 Faptamerica gains Seal of Blood
20:53′54.453 Faptamerica gains Windfury Attack
20:53′54.546 Faptamerica’s Seal of Command hits Brutallus for 1661 Holy damage
20:53′54.546 Faptamerica’s Swing hits Brutallus for 1393 Physical damage (glancing)
20:53′54.671 Faptamerica gains 20 Mana from Mana Spring of Mana Spring Totem V
20:53′55.328 Faptamerica’s Seal of Blood crits Brutallus for 1858 Holy damage
20:53′55.328 Faptamerica’s Seal of Blood crits Brutallus for 1907 Holy damage
20:53′55.687 Faptamerica’s Seal of Blood hits Brutallus for 633 Holy damage (201 resisted)

Oh and thank you for the evidence proving that extra attacks in 2008 did not happen instantly.

20:53′54.093 Faptamerica gains 1 Attack from Windfury Attack
20:53′54.093 Faptamerica’s Swing hits Brutallus for 1166 Physical damage (glancing)
and then
20:53′54.453 Faptamerica gains Windfury Attack
20:53′54.546 Faptamerica’s Swing hits Brutallus for 1393 Physical damage (glancing)

Clearly a full .5 second later and only 1 attack granted not 2

Show me some real evidence that this extra attack bug happened in 2004-2006 the way its happening now. This proc also happened .01 second after gasining the buff, not .5.

https://i.imgur.com/7xiqgh3.png

20:52:16 is the melee attack that granted the wf proc (2 extra attacks)
20:52:17 windfury instant
20:52:17 windfury instant
20:52:17 one of those extra attacks granted a hoj proc (1 attack)
20:52:17 hoj instant
20:52:17 explain this one

1 Like

it’s evidence of SPELL BATCHING - which is what the devs added in for Classic

/face
meet
/palm

Spell batching on a .4 rotation. Correct.
The pic i linked is from Classic - with procs happeneing at .01 - no spell batching because people are exploiting it

Yeah, which is exactly the problem. They added a retail version of spell batching into a classic game. A huge change. #nochanges. This bug must be fixed to be in line with vanilla.

1 Like

lolwut?!?

spell batching has been completely removed for all intent and purpose from the retail version of WoW…

1 Like

Spell batching aside.

This behavious also applies to a paladins rek extra attack - granting not 1 but 2 instants

you said that using Spell Batching to gain Reck charges was an exploit - my rebuttal was that never mind the fact that there is video evidence of it being possible, but that Seal Twisting also followed the exact same functionality by using Spell Batching in order to have 2 Seals proc off of the same white swing and off of each other.

Rek charges? exploiting the stop/start macro GENERATES AN ADDITIONL HIT KEEP IGNORING IT.

Does it cause those 2 seals to GENERATE AN ADDITIONAL PROC OF EACH

1 Like

dude, you brought Reckoning into the conversation needlessly here lol

and your evidence was soundly debunked by my retorts because unlike you, I actually spoke with the author of the “blue” post as well as the original Vanilla WoW class designer, Kevin Jordan where we talk about Seal Twisting among many other subjects regarding Paladins:

https://countdowntoclassic.com/2019/04/17/episode-100-the-journey-from-nostalrius-to-classic-kevin-jordan-on-paladins-josh-chooses-a-region-hardcore-guild-onslaught/

• Calling Countdown #2 – Kevin Jordan On Paladins (With Theloras) – 1:13:45
1 Like

Nope. Reckoning provides an instant counterattack for 1 swing *and using an exploit with spell batching (that is stop/start your swing within that batch) you can get 2 attacks

1 Like

again, Creative use of Game Mechanics - which is how Blizzard also viewed Seal Twisting

#NotABugOrAnExploit

More private server working - still zero evidence from 2004-2006

1 Like

Kevin Jordan was the original Vanilla WoW class designer broheim…

aka he worked for BLIZZARD and designed each of the classes

Kevin Jordan is a former Game Designer at [Blizzard Entertainment]. He was one of three original game designers on the [World of Warcraft] team, after [Allen Adham] and [Eric Dodds]. He designed nearly all the spells for all the classes available in vanilla World of Warcraft .

He spoke at the [BlizzCon 2007] World of Warcraft Class Discussion panel.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kevin_Jordan

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9huows/ama_former_wow_developers_kevin_jordan_classes/

1 Like

Well i guess that settles it then.

Abusing spell batching ingame for double the amount if instant attacks possible is not considered an exploit. Better go write my

/stopattack
/startattack

macro now and respec sword spec with my hoj.

1 Like

Ill be sure to let every single horde player know, maybe when it becomes a mass issue blizzard might fix it.

Until then.

look on the plus side - you’re Horde - so you could probably use this to generate even more swings off of Windfury as well while you’re at it :slight_smile:

Windfury, sword spec, hoj all proc every single fight. I already feel much better knowing Theloras has deemed it not an exploit for all of wow.

Shamans and wf weapon granting 2…no wait now 3-4 instant attacks.
Sword spec rogues with hoj and wf totem.

Doy uo understand why im concerned about this, and not to just let it slide? Player power is absurd with this.

All of those extra attacks can proc more for a chain proc - and now that they will be granting an additional attack aswell - twice as much instant damage.

it’s not my place to be concerned or not - the devs would have to remove spell batching from the game completely and that isn’t going to happen

No they could infact reinstate the cooldown with /startattack that existed in 2008, so spamming it would be pointless. They could also remove /sit granting an auto crit to stop it from being abused. Many things could be used to balance it.

Its your place as a player. Unsure of your main/faction - but alliance will have to compete with god tier paladins farming solo honor. Think about it.