Broken API

Hi - I need some help with your APIs. Primarily the Mythic Keystone Leaderboard API. It stops updating after the first day. I have been posting about issues with this API in the API Bug Report forum, but no one ever responds, and the issue is not being dealt with. This morning I’ve been seeing Gateway failures while pulling API data. I honestly believe no one is reading that forum and working through the issues. Would someone please help with this issue. Restart the service, or something, so I can grab last week’s data.

That’s the proper place.

You generally only get a response in Bug Reports when they need more information.

You don’t know that. You have no way of knowing if someone is working on it.

There was maintenance this morning. That likely affected API connectivity.

No one in Customer Support is able to help with this.

6 Likes

The only place to get help with the API is here:

8 Likes

Quite frankly, this is a player-created issue. The game is playable without feeding third-party sites. Blizzard could absolutely break all API integrations and that would be their choice to make as it doesn’t directly interfere with gameplay. If players choose to depend on third-party sites, that’s on them. But the game as it is, it’s not broken.

As Ruffle said, just because they don’t hop to to fix X because it’s being reported - it doesn’t mean you’re being ignored or that the issue isn’t being addressed. You don’t know if it’s an “easy” fix or if it’ll break fifty other things. It still isn’t something that is game-breaking.

Source

5 Likes

This is not a player-created issue or a third-party site issue. I’m trying to get attention to an issue that has existed for months. It is impacting this site’s ability to display the Mythic Keystone Leaderboard. This has nothing to do with any site outside of Blizzard’s. Normally after the weekly reset I can pull last week’s data. This week is behaving differently. I’m following the same thing I did about 8 months ago, which helped but has not fully resolve their issue.

Well, to be frank, the CS forum isn’t the department for this. It’s for account, billing and rules. Think of it like the front desk of sorts. The folks here isn’t able to go into another department about an issue.

The only folks whom ‘get attention’ on this is on the API forum itself. Anywhere else would fall on deaf ears, sadly.

4 Likes

That’s how I feel when I report issues anywhere. It is sad. But thank you for not being harsh.

It still isn’t an issue with the game though. The Blizzard website has always been “as is”, heck the Armory is still technically considered to be in beta. There really isn’t anything with the API that prevents someone from playing the game. It is a quality of life improvement that is nice to have, and I get the frustration when it doesn’t work, but honestly it isn’t something that will be at the top of a list to fix.

Again, I understand the frustration, but this forum really isn’t going to be able to do much of anything. Trust me I also get that it can seem like no one is paying attention to the other forums, it would be nice to have at least an acknowledgement every now and then that it is at least being read. Unfortunately Blizzard has learned that when a Blue posts in the other forums they tend to derail threads as people see a Blue and start posting about any idea or issue that they also have. Not to mention those that take those opportunities to attack the Blues for any perceived issue they have with the game or the company.

It got so bad on the General forums that one CM Blue was doxed and actually had someone show up at their house.

4 Likes

I noticed it has become increasingly worse over the years. Everyone is a critic, right?

You are correct, it doesn’t impact the game, but it does impact people’s in-game experience. I help lead my group with keystones by pulling the data and providing analysis of what they should be doing to improve score, etc. Without my ability to do that function, we are left waiting for third-party sites. Those third-party sites do not provide the same details the API provides. Again, I understand what you are saying, but for some of us… what I’m providing goes above what we can see in-game or through the popular third-party sites. :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

It is, in that it is not required to play the game. The game operates just fine without ever needing any of those third party sites. Now, yes. They are great tools to have for people who want to make use of them, but they are not required to play the game.

Players have decided to depend on these sites and players are the ones who choose to require the data to play the game as they choose to. Blizzard doesn’t care if someone has a subpar raider.io. Blizzard has set their own requirements to run things, but anything else is data that players choose to lean on.

I do apologize if what I’m saying comes off as harsh or short. Tone is always terrible to try and convey through text and I do try and keep it from sounding like I’m trying to be jerk.

My rambling aside, I do hope that the website gets the swift kick it needs to update your data. It’s just important to differentiate what is required by Blizzard to play the game and what players choose to require.

I do sincerely wish you all the best.

3 Likes