Bring Twink Queues Back

C’mon now, you know better. You’re going to get 4-5 screenshots and someone is going to go “this is every game” even though their W/L is 50%+ and tell you that you have the ‘burden of proof’ to disprove them. Though, the 100+ screenshots or whatever you’ve provided isn’t enough.

1 Like

You, also. Tell me the process you would go through at the beginning of a leveling bg or during that bg to determine which players on the enemy team and on your team are twinks.

Personally I armory the top few people, if it wasn’t already obvious by how they play alone.

Dead giveaways for people who are almost certainly twinks are things like Sul’thraze or Blade of Eternal Darkness though. Very rare to see someone just leveling have either of those.

1 Like

But basically that happens after it’s over. You don’t have time to armory a lot of players while the battle is in progress.

Like, if I glance at the display and see someone is doing 2x as much damage as the next guy, I assume he’s a twink. But in general, how do you determine when you step into that bg who are the twinks?

Dead giveaway during battleground prep? Twinks are more likely to have a row full of buffs lol

For the most part though, I just pay attention to names. People that are impressive get remembered easier.

1 Like

According to most of these people top dmg means they are a twink someone earlier in this thread called juga a twink even though she isn’t lol

1 Like

You are just guessing as to how I determine if there are twinks or not. Look at the toons in those two SS’s and find me a twink if you think I am wrong.

Also, I can’t post the images but in a 49’s game there is this warrior:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kul-tiras/Tax

They did 100k dmg and the next closest were in order: 59k, 56k, 39k and the rest lower than that.

the two who also did the 59k and 56k were:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/ysera/Wicasakaga

and then:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/azgalor/Psylöck

the rest were less than 40k from 39k down to 17k dmg

Tell me those three are not twinks

Here’s what I do.

The raid frame tells me the name of my teammates, but not their actual levels. If I mouse over them I can see their ilvls thanks to an inspection addon I have.

Spy lists the enemy players and their levels. Most twinks are at cap for their bracket. If I see one 99 in the 99 bracket, I make no assumption about whether they are a twink. If I see 6 99’s, that’s a premade we’re up against.

If I see a 99 I don’t recognize as a twink by name by now, I can armory them. Often they are just levelers.

Again, what method are levelers using during the battle to determine who is a twink? What I’m seeing is no method at all.

Wicasakaga is debateable. Could be a twink, but thats an awful lot of BOA gear.

When I zone in, I can’t. Unless I recognize them there’s no indication that any of them are twinks until fighting actually starts.

I tend to look at raw output/survivability, mixed with how they play. Loads of buffs are also a solid indicator, especially old potions/food buffs. I’ve only seen one or two people actually leveling using Gliders, so I’ve associated Gliders with being used primarily by twinks. Double points if they’re x9 of the bracket.

Plus, there’s always time to armory when you die just as another rez countdown starts.

1 Like

Jely, you play 99s? Do you know about the ilvl change to dungeon gear happening next patch? It’s going to affect 99s bigly

the rogue is a twink, but not why we lost. Our team had no teamwork, and people afked out after one teamfight, so we were fighting short for a while.

Really? I’ve seen tons of both use gliders.

my winrate on this druid has tanked hard the last few days, yet still above 50% solo queuing. I don’t really have complaints about the leveling process on either character yet. At the end of the day, randoms are… random!

Wow, I haven’t seen a mafic level statement in over a year.

I’ve done the gear treadmill for 14 years.

If I feel like turning my xp off, like Blizzard supports and encourages, deal with it.

2 Likes

I have heard suggestions, but nothing specific. If you could point me to a source or summarize, it would be greatly helpful. What I have heard is that ilvls are changing in Draenor dungeon gear, and something about items I have never used.

What I am guessing is that if I have to regear my character, the gear that will have to be obtained is still something most non-twink players won’t bother getting.

I think one thing they could do for levelers is improve gear drops. Most of my gear is head/shoulder/weapons/chest pieces… which I have heirlooms in all those spots. I heard after level 40 or so, rings stop dropping from the caches. etc…

Essentially dungeon and quest gear is getting an ilvl boost, which also comes with boosted stats. Currently at 99 WoD dungeon gear is ilvl 136, which caps on enchants. When the patch hits the gear will be ilvl 142 and will no longer take enchants. So, if you can get 136 gear and enchant it, after the patch it will be 142 and still have enchants, grandfathering the gear/enchants.

i can’t see how it would be difficult for them to just add templates at low levels to somewhat even out the playing field. i’m sure there’s still going to be certain specs that perform better than others but that’s nowhere near the difference there is now.

seems like such a simple solution, the only reasoning i can see for blizzard not doing something like this is that they just don’t care about low level balance at all anymore. sadly, that’s the first impression new players get of the game, i doubt its a good one if they’re joining strictly for pvp.

Templates sucked, unless you were a class and spec that got perfect stats from them. Lots of classes got awful stats from templates as they were implemented.

As a guardian I had the lowest health in the group, even lower than resto in bear form. And thoughver

3 Likes

Look at the list of twinks I provided you. Looking at both SS’s from Juga, plus the one from my game, I identified 3 twinks out of the 90 players in all 3 games. Show me where my “leveller method” of identifying twinks is not working.