Bring Twink Queues Back

I am not ever going to give up on this issue. It’s absolutely ridiculous that instead of giving twinks an incentive to queue up for twink brackets, you instead just simply removed the queue altogether and allowed them to mix in with normal BGs.

It’s not fun to play and it’s ludicrous playing against someone who can literally two-shot you with no resistance. Battlegrounds are a method of leveling and playing that some people enjoy and if you can’t afford the expensive enchants and gems that twinks use, you are absolutely screwed versus a team with them.

Tonight alone, I’ve queued up for two battlegrounds, queued in and the second I joined, we were being farmed at the GY both times, because you guessed it, they had a couple of twinks in both games. We didn’t. They both had 100k+ damage and there was nothing we could do.

This is ridiculous. Bring back the twink queues and give them incentives to queue so their queues aren’t ridiculously long. Kind of how you did with tanks and healers in random dungeons, because people got tired of tanking and healing them. Instead of doing that, you literally at one point, just completely removed it. Just why? What is the thought process? How in the absolute world did you think letting them queue into normal BGs would go?

Also, before anyone mentions gear, it literally has nothing to do with gear. It’s people who can afford gems and enchants. All gear stats are baselined now, it’s not a problem of gear. But when people have people running them through BC dungeons to get 20+ sockets and they can afford 20+ gems, they turn into absolute wrecking balls who cannot be stopped. There’s no skill to it and this needs to be stopped.

PLEASE PUT TWINKS BACK INTO THEIR OWN QUEUE!

28 Likes

I concur, I have been levelling alts lately, and I used to enjoy BG’s, but right now if there is even one twink in the game it ruins it. I liked it much more when queues were separate, the templates in Legion were even better than this. Sadly, Blizzard removed the template system then forgot to separate the queues again.

And the result is… I don’t queue for BG’s nearly as much because it is so frustrating if twinks are in the game, and I see them most games. Every now and then I get a game with no twinks and it feels great.

BG’s feel determined by twinks while the rest of us are inconsequential. Playing with twinks or against them, is just an awful experience.

Please fix this.

7 Likes

I guess it’s that time of the month to start spamming anti twink threads again.

16 Likes

ye hes also spammed 3 of these in GD

3 Likes

Your argument is weak, this quote is your strongest point.
Here is the counter, Gems and Gear with sockets are easily accessible to every player through various methods.
The best in slot Gems are obtained through,

• Marks of Honor.
  • Crafted (completely free, time permitting).
  • Heroic BOP Dungeon drops.

In regards to Gear with sockets, as of 8.1.5 the best options will be obtained through Dungeon and Quest drops.
Several Expansions worth of PVP Season sets can be obtained for a dozen or so Marks of Honor. Full Epic sets stacked with Gem sockets.
If players cannot obtain these pieces through activity, Blizzard has allowed us to purchase Raid Tier Epic PVE style Sets, Off pieces, Trinkets etc with Gold
(priced for comfort) from a numerous amount of PVE vendors.

Gems are strong, as they always have been in World of Warcraft.
They sure are easy to get, from any players perspective.

Maybe you want Gems adjusted?
That would sound much more realistic. :wink:

15 Likes

I apologize, but you, Mr. Kangmurloc, are either intentionally missing the point, or are truly missing the point.

People who are leveling via BGs want to be able to do that without any additional investment, outside of queue’ing up while leveling.

They don’t want to have to get gear.

They don’t want to have to get gems.

They don’t want to have to get anything.

They want to hit the queue and find themselves in games with other people doing the same.

If you don’t want to be an exp-off only bracket I can only assume that you rather enjoy stomping people who aren’t properly geared.

The end. :smiley:

9 Likes

I show no bias on who I stomp. No mercy for the weak.

The End :grin:

14 Likes

This attitude is why twinks are not going anywhere. Laziness won’t be rewarded.

Don’t want to keep up on gear?

Enjoy dying. That’s your reward.

WoW revolves around gear. You’re dragging your team down by wearing lvl 15 gear at lvl 35.

25 Likes

And players like myself and other like minded individuals will always be taking the next step forward.
You wont, we will.

The essence of this game involves bolstering our characters.

Prepare for War.

12 Likes

You guys are just silly.

Obviously gearing up is a major, and the most central part of this game. But that’s for the end game for most folks.

Of course people take the next step to be competitive, ONCE THEY ARE MAX LEVEL.

I do get a kick out of reading all of this though, seeing you guys defending your presence in games with exp-on folks.

But nobody is buying what you’re selling because the bottom line is that leveling via pvp would be a whole lot more fun if you guys and gals weren’t present in the games with the rest of the people running around in nothing but heirloom gear.

Oh I like the comment about level 15 gear at level 35. Who actually has that who has been playing the game for any amount of time? You just spam a few dungeons at the very least here and there and you get your non-heirloom gear replaced with appropriate level belts, boots, gloves, bracers.

The problem there, however, is that you go into a game with full blue, CURRENT LEVEL, gear, and still get stomped.

6 Likes

Yeah sorry, I have to agree with Floyin and Kang on this one.
If you can’t afford basic gems and enchants, then maybe stop leveling, stop queueing, and take the time to farm up some gold.

I twink, but I also level, and for my levelers, I keep my gear current by buying cheap gear off the AH, or having a friend run me through dungeons, and my heirlooms are enchanted, (which is nice because I can then pass then along to other toons leveling).

There is no excuse for walking in to a BG and not be prepared to fight by having whatever advantage you can get.

If you walk in to a Bg at level 50 wearing stuff that was relevant as level 20, then you kinda are asking for what you get from the guy who bothered to level up his heirlooms and buy some cheap-o enchants.

Incidentally, twinks are not unkillable gods, I have seen even the best twinks go down hard when ganged up on.
And yes, as a twink, I have been GY camped many, many times.

You can buy gems with marks of honor, farm them on heroics in BC dungeons, or you can level up a JC and make them
For enchants, level an enchanter.
And most enchants aren’t even that pricey.
I think the most expensive one I can think of is mark of the hidden satyr which is about 5k on every realm I play on.
5k isn’t a bank breaker, and if it is, then maybe it’s time to stop leveling, and go make some money farming herbs, mining nodes, or farming up battle pets or something.

Twinks aren’t the real problem, the real problem, is lazy players who want everything handed to them with no effort.
I promise it takes VERY little effort to enchant up looms with the basics, and be viable in a BG.

I am frequently and consistently top healer wearing nothing but enchanted heirlooms, and just greens I buy off the AH.

In essence, never bring a knife to a gun fight.

P.S. I absolutely do NOT condone GY farming, but have seen many, many times people wearing just heirlooms lock down a graveyard, and there wasn’t a single twink in the group.
It’s not a “git gud” scenario, it’s a stop being lazy and put some effort in to your gearing situation.

20 Likes

Or we can just remove you from the queue and we don’t have to take anytime for anything other than queue’ing up!

Woot!

5 Likes

I would rather they remove the levelers who can’t update gear/don’t want to work on objectives.

my two leveling toons btw

11 Likes

I’m leveling and things seem to be going ok, I would rather not have longer queues so no need to split anything up.

13 Likes

And then what? They remove enchanted heirlooms because, “they is OP!” where does it stop?
I really truly do not think asking for people who come in to a PvP situation be prepared to PvP, even if it’s just keeping updated greens and some cheapy enchantments on their gear is too much to ask.

Plus… (and yes I am going there)… what about all the Bg’s won on the backs of twinks?

Literally had a Dk trash talking me and another twink friend in a Bg.
“effing twinks, GTFO!” and yet we won… and another person chimed in “thank God we had twinks, otherwise, we couldn’t have beat them”.

I’m sorry that the Bg’s have become twink wars, but also glad, because as a leveler myself, I can bang through some brackets very quickly because of fast wins.

9 Likes

This is utterly false. By what method do you decide which players are twinks are which are not?

I play a lot of lower level bgs on twinks that I use for solo queues. When there are no premades, you see the expected number of bracket cap players, ie, 1 in 10. You’re as likely to have a solo queue twink on your team as on the opposing team. A single twink can help their team win, but they can’t carry a team of levelers to an easy win.

When I see 3 or more bracket cap players on the opposing team (which you need an addon to see), I assume our team is against a premade. A premade is likely to just destroy the other team and farm them in the graveyard until they run away in spirit form. PvP premades show the worst sportsmanship imaginable.

I can inspect the gear of a few while waiting for it to start. How exactly do you tell who’s a twink and who isn’t?

I suspect you’re just guessing. The deal is that some of the best players are just levelers in ordinary gear who have been doing pvp forever.

5 Likes

New thread, same tired arguments.

Never change BG forums.

3 Likes

If they split queues you could just join the xp-off brackets and get your wish.

2 Likes

Perhaps you missed that part of the quote?

2 Likes

No, I didn’t. But thanks.

2 Likes