Bring back your favorite iteration of ONE spec

It was fun. I mitigated between shots and traps pretty well, which was possible with hybrids. I remember playing defense in WG. They blew open the front wall, but with me and a few others making the dream work, no one could get past. We held it to the end. It was a rush! I, personally, never ran out of ammo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

blood dps circa mid Wrath

Unholy DK MoP-Warlords, Disc Priest Warlords, and Cata MM Hunter.

Mop destro
Legion afflction
Delete demo it’s always garbage yes even wod don’t lie it was terrible.

i pvped as disc during this, it was so crazy i literally never had to stop moving, renew instant pom penance and shield. damn those were fun days

1 Like

MoP Ret Paladin.

Marksman hunter with the Hellfire Citadel tier set. Not a single castbar in sight. You love to see it.

season 9 resto shaman

A) all that is still possible now; we even have Wintergrasp
B) ammo was terrible and you seem to have trouble differentiating whether you enjoyed Hunters because of it or in spite of it

I want a true healing challenge like when, due to some item I had on a twink priest which I don’t remember, in 6.2 as a holy priest sometimes my heal would bug and I’d be stuck with a ridiculous cast time:

“[S]low casting” indeed. A true healer challenge.

My favorite spec of all time was probably holy paladin in late WotLK. I don’t remember exactly why, but I do remember having a lot of fun.

It’s also why I remembered the (twink) holy priest bug from a short time in WoD: I remembered a similar bug from either the Cataclysm pre-patch—or maybe it was just the Cataclysm PTR?—where the paladin 4-piece PVP set bonus that decreased Judgment cooldown instead increased it by an insane amount.

Some people like the rpg aspect of it. Just the need to go into town and buy ammo makes the game that much more realistic

It’s not really a good mechanic imo, but it added another bit of roleplay to hunters

1 Like

I’ll go out on a limb and say current frost is my favorite. Tried it last expansion and wasn’t too thrilled. A BE frost mage was the first character I capped though. I am thoroughly enjoying this character (and hope the cryo-freeze conduit ends up baseline someday, what good is ice block if the mobs hit you and kill you the second it ends?). With my legendary I get about 8 fingers of frost procs, that’s a sick burn. Once every minute. I can’t really think of an iteration I cared for more, I mean I like it in TBC with the mana gems and management but I’d be silly to call that in any way superior to what I have now.

Last expansion I seem to recall that instant proc blizzards were good. I hated that (I dislike mousing), and was so glad to see it isn’t really a part of this expansion. It’s still there but who knows who uses it.

I looooved 7.0 Arms. Focus Rage for absolutely massive MS crits. The damage was spikey but those big hits were sooo fun

Cata feral druid. No explanation needed.

Cata Marksman, no contest.

Otherwise MoP Enhance simply due to the fact i slept on how broken it was. Stormblast being a 50% execute in PvP was neat

My answer really has very little to do with ammo. It’s more of a time stamp. I liked ammo, but for the purposes of this thread, it was the talent tree hybrids that I enjoyed.

Pre-Legion Survival/RSV.

I wouldn’t mind any iteration of it that existed between WotLK and WoD. But Cata/MoP would do it.

Why?

I played it continuously from WotLK - WoD, it was the spec I had the most fun with in all types of content that I focused on.

Having said that, a past iteration of that spec wouldn’t do well in the modern game, but would need to have things added to it to better suit modern philosophies.

This is what I imagine it to be like if brought back for the modern game:

1 Like

Honestly? I miss the TBC version of Arcane using 2pc tier 5 and 4pc tier 6 bonuses. I liked having to swap from my Arcane Blast to Fireball or Frostbolt to regen mana. I liked the fact that unlike Fire or Frost mages, I valued the spirit stat and used Mage Armor instead of Molten Armor. I loved having Druids innervate me so I could cut loose.

Ah the good ol’s days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

mid-late wrath era dk blood dps hybrid spec

MoP Holy Paladin.