Bring back water-walking to the Water Strider

i brought it up because it was relevant to the comment about time taken to travel places.

no, it’s a decision which was made for me.
i used to have access to all the things, now i have to choose.

…but again, this has been done to death.
if you want to know why people feel the way they do, there’s plenty of reading material for you here:

You mean the time to travel from a zone to the one right next to it. You lierally cant have a shorter trip without porting directly to it. You arent being asked to fly from Silvermoon to Booty Bay…

So is there a statement saying they are removing all future barding, hoof plates, and water walking potions then?

go read the other thread.

This is the only thing I’d like to see changed. Why does it have to be unique? Let us buy a stack of them so i can just hop on my main whenever I make a new alt and send them out the item instead of having to trek all the way out to the butt end if no where Pandaria every time.

Nah, im asking a question to you. If you have an argument to make or an answer to give then ill discuss it. Im not going to go play scavenger hunt for your argument from other people.

That’s what I find so puzzling, people are literally complaining about having MORE choices in this instance.

No, you are asking us to repeat ourselves to cover your laziness. We’ve said our pieces, they still exist, you can go read them.

Elissa, we already had all those choices. We didn’t get anything new except anti-daze (which some classes already had, and saw a brief nerf to when the mount equipment came out) but now things we had are all part of the same choice. We were able to have all the things before, now we have to choose one. That’s less.

2 Likes

Why not just go blood then you get:

If you add the slow fall, you have everything available in game as a Blood DK.

Nope not going to happen. I hope they remove every special ability from all mounts and make it equipment. Having one just one mount able to repair, transmog, pick herbs, be a Ah or walk on water is to OP. And besides Why should we have to use those big ugly mounts just to have those, make it all equipment and let every mount do it that way everyone can have them.

I don’t understand the argument here… if you already had water walking via the strider before the change, then you got a free equipment and it can water walk. Literally nothing was lost to the water strider.

What is the point being made with any of this? You earned it, you have it, you still have it. And if you earned it then, you have it and also have it. It’s liking having your cake and eating your cake, but then you got a bunch of free cakes that you can have and eat too.

I don’t agree with the complaint but it is that new toons previously could use the (account-wide) water strider as soon as they hit 20 but do not now get the water walking item for free.

As has been stated the ability to go buy one on the toon that originally earned the strider and then mail it to the new alt is an acceptable compromise. It is not comparable to the complaints about removing portals because that was extra time added to an activity that will be repeated forever, not to a one time event.
Extra time once is not awesome but is OK. Extra time added indefinitely is not.

You are right. And it should be done with all mount special abilities. Send out a free piece of equipment to the people that have them now and give them a discount on buying more.

That way everyone can have access to repair mounts, transmog mounts, water walking mounts, AH mounts, herb picking mounts , and all other special abilities from now and in the future. They are all OP to be just on one mount and most of the mounts are ugly also. Why can’t our favorite mount do all those things if we want. No one should have all those mounts abilities at one time it’s way to OP, make it all mount equipment.

Im the one that is lazy because he made a vague claim and then points me to a +6k post thread to find the answer? There is a reason people are expected to cite their sources and not just throw a book in someone’s face and say “here, look for it” and then the book isnt even by a credible source. You got a link to a blizzard post in there?

Prove your own arguments. The burden of doing the research for proof of your claims falls on you not me.

It is made by tailors. LW and BS. Look on the AH.

We’re not your performing monkeys, to trot out our arguments at your command. We’ve said our pieces, and Blizzard is the one we wanted to read them. You can’t get the mount speciality back for us, you don’t even want to. You are not the focus of our arguments.

Except it’s not more choices it’s fewer choices. Let’s say that next Blizzard decides that they don’t like the repair mounts so they take that ability away. But as a compromise you can buy a piece of mount equipment that will let you have repairs on all your mounts (yup, I know it sounds great) but in return you give up water walking on all your mounts. Would you feel like that gave you more choices? Or does it feel like more choices when you have a mount that can water walk, a mount that can swim, a mount that can pick herbs, a mount that can do repairs, etc. By taking away water walking Blizzard has set the precedent that leads to us having fewer choices rather than more.

1 Like

Oh buddy… you’re like 6 months late to the party.

May I offer you some recompense, I’ve been leveling Alts from scratch since the anniversary bonus started. I’m on #5 capped and not ONCE have I needed to water walk. The speed increase actually has turned out to be much better an efficient in lower levels. After 60 you fly anywhere and after 100 you do AV and cap in a day.

Take advantage of this time, instead of dwelling in the past. The Brutosaur is where the battle against Blizzard cronies is at right now.

1 Like

I still can’t believe they removed this.

It doesn’t matter that you got a free inflatable shoe…

The act of changing something like this far ahead in the future is an ominous precedent.

1 Like

That’s absurd. It is only additive choices. You can choose to put on the water striders and pretend these new options were never given to you.

The hypothetical you posit hasn’t happened. That would be a different circumstance, and while I could see Blizzard pulling something like that, they haven’t. This mount change is all they’ve done, and based on this change alone, we now have MORE options, not less.

As the other poster stated, you can use the addon once and then pretend this update never happened. Or you can swap out for a time if you really want, and then take a couple minutes (a drop in the bucket compared to the normal play time of any game) to get a new one, heck if you have enough alts you could even park one right at Nat Pagle!

The only restrictions are the psychological ones about taking a few minutes to run the errand for a new alt, compared to the many, many hours you’ll be spending leveling/playing that alt!

we made the cake from scratch.
now we have to go back to the shop and pay for more ingredients every time we want to eat another slice.

how many characters do you think people did the rep on?
…or was there some change i was unaware of where any character can now purchase these, regardless of rep level?