Bring back water-walking to the Water Strider

Please?

Keep your new mount system but leave my Water Strider alone.

I try to keep up with my 20 alts (1 of each race).

Some of them are below 100 (allied races) and did not receive a “free” water-walking mount equipment. I don’t want to have to “purchase” something I already had or transfer this piece of equipment around to my alts when it was fine before.

All I’m saying is, I’m fine with the new system. This will let others use water-walking when they didn’t have it before.

But, for those of us that already had it and worked hard to get it, this is a setback.

I’ve always used multiple action bar slots for different mounts.
1 Ground.
1 Flying.
1 Vendor.
1 Water-walking.

Again, if the new system is permanent, fine. But, make the Water Striders be able to water-walk again without having the mount equipment.

33 Likes

don’t think that’s gonna happen there.

Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Could they meet you half way with a water walking store mount?

Nah brah :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nah i like this, now i dont have to worry about mounting an ugly looking mount every time!

7 Likes

like some type of boat?

This whole situation was created by the development team because someone on the team did not want us to fly and was forced to give us flying late, way too late, in the xpac, so everyone used the best mount for the first 10 months of the last 2 xpacs.

if flying was not taken away from us for so long, this would be a non-issue. It is a dev created issue.

13 Likes

Yes…

rubs neckbeard

That would do

1 Like

No, we have to keep removing things people like! It’s the only way!

3 Likes

It was an interesting 7 years. I don’t understand the big hesitation. The character that grinded out the rep, and actually I think ANY character, can spend at most 50 gold to get it, it’s bind-on-account, send it to the needed alt. Boom, done.

I really don’t understand the whining on this issue, when it takes all of a few minutes to run that errand once and you’re good to go forever on that alt!

50 gold is practically free! Buy a stack and sit on them for your next alts! What’s the prob?

Best part is, now we don’t even have to use that hideous mount to water-walk, we can use any one we want!

Going through the portal, taking a quick flight, buying up the add-on, using the very close by mailbox… if that 5 minutes of your life is going to ruin days of gameplay time, you might just need to re-evaluate your time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since I got flying I havent had need for mount equipment yet. How do I even get it?

There’s the above mentioned water walking you get from Anglers in Pandaria, and 4 others that come from different professions, so… basically the AH.

1 Like

You can’t buy a stack, they’re unique.

2 Likes

Drop a mailbox next to the angler npc and just mail it all over.
If you’ve completed anglers rep it’s basically chump change, doesn’t take longer than to level a new character to 20.

Put the water walking back on water striders.

8 Likes

Fair enough, buy them one at a time, send an extra to each alt you want to, keep an extra in the bank. There’s a mailbox right on the same floating rig there.

Failing that, if the AH is cheap enough for you, get the Blacksmithing item that does the same thing!

Path of Frost. I love it. No water walking mount needed when you’re a death knight. I use the No Daze mount equipment since I don’t need the Water Walking one.

2 Likes

There can be both the equip ability for other mounts and the original water strider.

Let it stride as intended.

6 Likes

That’s never gonna happen with the game’s current dev team in charge. They’ve made it abundantly clear that they despise the water walking mechanic. The community had to REALLY scream loudly in order to stop their first attempt to remove the striders’ WW ability. The mount gear system was a begrudging compromise.

1 Like