Bring back the Mage Tower

I like when people rage about the idea of the Mage Tower or the MoP cloak coming back for BS reasons like “it cheapens it for those who got it when it was current” or “it’s a badge of honor that you don’t deserve”

…Meanwhile I can go back and roflstomp through classic-Cata content for legendaries and nobody bats an eye.

It’s almost like these things started getting removed to invoke a false sense of elitism and superiority in the playerbase over something they don’t even have a use for anymore.

I say bring it all back and just give a FoS to those who did it when it was current. If you feel personally attacked by somebody’s fictional character having a special cape or sword you don’t want them to have, you have bigger issues to deal with.

8 Likes

I see more rage from people who don’t have the appearances.

17 Likes

I got I think 33 or 34 of the specs done, I don’t really care if they bring it back or not but I doubt they will because it wouldn’t be the same even scaled up because of the difference in gear and abilities. If they did bring it back they’d likely reskin the rewards anyways

1 Like

Probably something to do with Blizzard limiting things that never had limits before in an attempt to secure sub numbers during endgame content droughts.

-Tradeskillmaster
-Raider io
-Mage tower, MoP CM sets, WoD Weapons
-Multiboxxers

Blizz probably just ignores them at this point lol

6 Likes

Ask for a challenge exclusive to 8.3 .

16 Likes

Oh man you are so clever.

Let me log into my mage real quick so I can give you a cookie.

2 Likes

I don’t get why pixels in a video game makes people so angry and bitter.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Didn’t we have a thread just like this one recently?

2 Likes

Only successful? Maybe, but doubtful. More time and possibly patience than you, for certain.

The fact you are able to cut yourself and say, “you know what, this ain’t gonna happen” is a good thing.

I am unable to do that once my mind is made up, and I was dead set on getting Kruul down so I could get the flail. I had to have that flail no matter what.

I am a complete potato dude, and 100+ tries later I guess the planets lined up just perfectly and I was able to take out Kruul with little effort, and almost at full health while really, and I mean really needing to use the bathroom.

I still managed a quick happy dance before running out the room. :joy:

2 Likes

why not? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: legion should be the only expansion with cool limited appearances? whats wrong with having something similar to it in 8.3? My guess is there will be something akin in shadowlands.

1 Like

I say yes to blizzard adding back the mage tower content because i think the mage tower content was one of the best features in legion and should have not been removed in the first place. To say that we should have done the content when it was available is extremely selfish and i think blizzard should give new players and well as players who missed this great opportunity a chance. I support mage tower coming back 100%.

5 Likes

The Mage tower should return because it was some of the most fun stuff ever put in WoW. The cosmetic reward shouldn’t, it’s meant to be special for people who did it back then.

Simple as that.

9 Likes

The cosmetic rewards were some of the best things about the mage tower so i respectfully disagree.

In MoP, there were limited class-specific challenge mode sets. In WoD, there were limited challenge mode weapons. In Legion, there were new limited challenge mode weapons–this time class specific. All of which were advertised as such (and the first 2, I entirely missed out on).

How is sticking to their word selfish? Wouldn’t requesting a rule change specific to your desires be exactly that?

Why are we all asking for old stuff back. Why not a new challenge with even better appearances? There have been 3 expansions of them–BfA is lacking the new one.

13 Likes

They should put back all the content they have removed. Give the special “firstbees” a unique achievement and a medal and let everyone else just play the content for god’s sake.

8 Likes

Sure, doesn’t mean that has to return.

5 Likes

BFA lacks in every department.

3 Likes

true blizzard did say that it would be limited time stuff but who says it has to be and why. There are a lot of people out there who want to keep all of those rewards for themselfs and that is what i find to be selfish. I think they should add back all the stuff they have removed regardless of what expansion.

2 Likes