Bring Back Strand of the Ancients

If we can’t get new BG maps, then bring back old ones so the pool of recycled content is more tolerable.

Strand was a great map anyways and is only a positive.

11 Likes

I agree. I want them to bring back old scarlet monastery, old scholomance, and old Razorfen kraul/downs also.

I have no real interest in restricting myself to playing any of the classic versions of the game, but i don’t see why we can’t have classic content in retail. I miss strand of the ancients quite a bit.

1 Like

Can we trade it for Seething Shore?

6 Likes

YES!!

I absolutely HATE — The Seething Shore Battleground.
Would much rather Strand of the Ancients.

3 Likes

It needs some serious reworking to make it a fair battle ground though.

On average, the game awards more honor to the initial attackers, as the initial defenders’ chance to earn honor is limited by the speed with which the attackers win the first round. For example: Team A takes 1 1/2 minutes to destroy each wall, winning their round in 6 minutes, while team B takes 2 minutes to destroy each wall and 8 minutes to win their round. Therefore, if team B attacks first, each team has time to gain full honor for destroying all walls, and team A also gains bonus honor for winning. If team A attacks first, team B will only have enough time to destroy 3 of the 4 walls before the game ends, therefore earning less honor regardless of an identical outcome, while team A will earn bonus honor for one of their walls remaining intact, as well as for winning the game.

and wintertrash

2 bgs for the price of 1, best deal ever

1 Like

Make it single round and randomize who is attacking vs defending and I’m in sure.

I personally enjoyed participating in Strand of the Ancients matches. Even earned the Master of Strand of the Ancients achievement before the battleground was retired.

Would love to see it return if possible. Same with the option to blacklist battlegrounds when you queued. Not sure why that feature was removed. But I’m sure many would like to see that returned as well!

3 Likes

I’d rather we have a year round Korrak’s Revenge instead of just two weeks or how ever little time it lasts.

3 Likes

Strand was an awesome map for gearing alt PvP chars. It was about playing the map objectives and using your utility. People hated it because it wasn’t 100% pew pew on a road… I missed it when they took it away.

Only if they re-introduce blacklisting.

1 Like

Yes Plz. I miss it so much…

I do miss this option.

I enjoyed Strand of the Ancients.

I always liked that one, I was confused by all the people who were happy to see it go.

It was one of my favorites too. I despise Seething Shore and would happily trade one for the other!

Yes please!

1 Like

Yes. Let’s resurrect Deathwing long enough to burn that place down. Summon the murloc version or something there.

I literally just groan every time epic BG is just endless half finished Wintergrasps with me on the losing side.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

You don’t need to choose between it and Seething Shore. They can both be bad!

That was their intention it’s called seething shore it’s basically “mad shore”.