Strand of the Ancients Revamp

1. Title: Revamping Strand of the Ancients: A New Approach
  • Hey everyone, I’ve got this exciting idea to breathe new life into Strand of the Ancients and make it more engaging. Instead of the traditional vehicle combat, picture this: players pushing one of two turrets up the hill to reach the vault and destroy the door to claim the titan relic.

• Payload Mechanics:

1. The turret serves as the payload, moving based on the number of players within the ring surrounding it. The influence is as follows:
  • 1 player: 2%
  1. 3 players: 5%

2. 6 players: 10%

3. 12 players: 20%

4. The turret receives an armored buff while in motion, protecting it from damage. However, once it stops, the buff starts ticking down, leaving it vulnerable. If the turret is destroyed, it takes 5 players to repair it.

• Objective:
  1. As walls crumble, players must capture the node behind them. Failure to do so allows the enemy team to send the turret back down the hill and repair the wall. Wall repairs require a minimum of 6 players and can only occur three times during the entire battleground session.
  • Enemy Team’s Objective:
  1. The opposing team aims to destroy the boats that your team arrived on. They also have their turret, and the same rules apply.
  • Map Design:
  1. While the map retains its overall layout, it incorporates new assets from the modern game, giving it a fresh feel.
  • This is just a theory, but I believe this idea could add a new layer of excitement to the battleground. What are your thoughts? Let’s discuss and refine this concept together!
1 Like

if I wanted to play with vehicles I’d go to epic bgs

didn’t even read the post tbh

I want a map that’s a deathmatch

First to 300 kills wins

5 resets in the middle, and it’s a pit. Think Kotmogu but cooler

:sunglasses:

basically there wouldn’t be demolishers or catapults or any of the vehicles your familiar with from the previous incarnation of this bg as it was before, you’d have a pair of cannon like turrets that act as a payload to tear down the walls they’d look something like this

except imagine it on wheels

I’d just like to see the original SoTA back and dump seething shore

Lol what?? Sounds like a downgraded version of silvershard mines.

Give d-day strand and im down