Bring back PvP Templates for casual BGs

Templates were the worst thing to ever happen to pvp

Blizzard need to curb their crazy late xpac power gains and crazy ilvl scaling

If they can’t do that then just bump fresh players gear up to non 2 shot level and call it a day

I’m sure you support xp off in xp on queues then?

RPG means a role-playing-game based on progression through gear and levels. You can’t have this be an RPG game if gear doesn’t matter.

Everyone knows that RPG game means a gear based game. That is what they are all about. There are ARPGs (diablo, PoE) then there are MMORPG where they are like WoW, Neverwinter etc and have progression through levels and gear.

If there is no gear progression then there is no reason to play. It becomes like Heroes of the Storm and no one wants that. I have been playing RPG games for 20 years and it’s the type of game I love because I love attaining powerful gear then PvPing with it. I only play RPG games so please understand what RPG actually means instead of going off the original acronym and trying somehow twist it into not being about gear. RPG’s will always be about Gear!

RPG = Gear based progression

Thanks

1 Like

Its become a convoluted mess with several tiers of “gear”. Corruptions, essences, the busted trinkets, and the static ilvl of actual gear.

3 Likes

It was an rpg when I played in legion, that system worked fine for me. Thanks

Gear mattered in wod too, it was just easy to get. Now we have pve players saying it’s “easy” to gear now you only have to no life the game playing dated pve stuff all day

3 Likes

It really wasn’t I uninstalled.

Templates = Uninstall

Glad you liked it but it ruined what World of Warcraft is about. The reason we log into this game is to gear up and get BiS. It should FEEL exciting to get a BiS item and that should make you want to que up for some PvP to test its power.

WoD was a good PvP expansion and way better than Legion which was the worst. It wasn’t amazing like TBC/Wrath but WoD was pretty good.

I hate gearing in PvE but I much rather this game keep it’s RPG nature than implement the worst thing imaginable into this game which was templates.

Templates are the ultimate deal breaker. No thanks. Rather play another game that has an RPG feel to it. Which is why they were removed. The majority of players hated Templates because it removed the RPG nature of the game.

I would rather have templates than what we have now. PvP gated by time spent doing PvE chores.

9 Likes

According to Abom that’s okay though because at least then it makes WoW an rpg game!

What a joke.

2 Likes

I challenge Blizz to make a “Join Random Template”

and see which is more popular

2 Likes

Abom, you mean the people’s champion who thinks passive effect procs from corruption are fun and engaging? Enough said…

4 Likes

Another added bonus to templates.

5 Likes

Outside of the one person who speaks nonsense about how he feels instead of actual facts about why templates are bad. What exactly was wrong with templates? This is currently the worse PvP I’ve ever seen in the game. And power level scaling isn’t returning to Pre-WoD era. So what is the fix?

3 Likes

Eh, saw just as bad in wod.

wod was good, took me like one day to get honor gear. thats what i want from pvp. a lot of the top pvpers talked about how fast they could get alts going, no one says that now besides jugga

now its a grind and it can take a long time to get good corruptions and enough resistance to use them.

1 Like

This game is a role playing game. Gear is an important of a role playing game. If you want templates go play heroes of the storm or lol.

3 Likes

Gear should matter but not the extent it does now in BfA. The power gap on a fresh 120 and a veteran 120 is disgusting. Add that to the PvE oriented system PvPers need to subject themselves to decrease the gap and you can see why this expansion is horrible for PvP.

If you want to dominate PvP simply because you are geared go play classic WoW where you can fully utilize your /faceroll macros.

4 Likes

It’s the same as wod and mop.

I do not remember MoP, but WoD was not even close to this level of absurdity. You could have the starter honor set (700 ilvl via VENDOR) in about 2 hours, which was only 10 ilvls lower than the conquest set (710 ilvl via VENDOR). The toolkits also allowed for more outplay potential, most of which has been pruned or nerfed to oblivion.

4 Likes

And now, you can gear before even stepping foot in a bg. Either way, you talked about fresh vs geared not how long it took to gear.

1 Like

Welcome to the problem. Can has become replaced withexpected to. Gearing through PvP is not viable at all in comparison the handouts you get from doing M+.

There is only two metrics when comparing fresh vs geared. How long it takes and the method to get the gear.