Bring back PvP Templates for casual BGs

Lol

Says the player who wears only M15+ gear, not single pvp piece and doesn’t even do rated

Admit it, you looooove fresh 120’s in your BGs because you live for punching down

How do you feel about brackets based on ilevel?

Other than providing an environment where new players face soul crushing PVP “content” at the hands of brutal PVEers who live for curb stomping noobs, why not create brackets even at 120?

You disregarded the previous comment about just combining all levels into one bracket as being “unfair” but have no issue with players who are playing completely different games (ilevel 475 vs ilevel 425) being in the same content.

To be fair and accurate, the current ilevel problem and lack of templates is nothing more than unlimited twinking that has become a corrupted farce.

Ilevel 475 players in random BGs are nothing more than twinks. Bottom line.

Your view only makes sense in a lord of the flies gaming culture and frankly, that type of approach is why PVP in WoW is so broken.

There’s not even PVP gear anymore. What kind of RPG that pretends to have viable PVP is strictly created for people whose priority isn’t even PVP?

Queues are already extremely long. I understand this would fix it, but separating the player base isn’t the answer. The problem with the “no templates crowd” is they don’t have any good solutions to the problem, they just scream and shout about uninstalling if they don’t get their way. We’re here looking for a solution.

I want to point out again that I want this exclusively for casual PvP, Rated BGs and Arena as well as world PvP would be excluded. That way mythic geared people still have a safe place where they can go live their power fantasies

2 Likes

Here’s the issue, it’s the casual’s that wanted gear to matter again.

Many serious rated PvP’ers were pro template. Many would take templates over BFA PvP.

2 Likes

I want gear to matter, just not to this extent. I think ilvl increases per rating is good, to match pve ilvls just with pve procs disabled.

Templates were bad man. The inability to customize your character and play it how you want is not a good thing. Riki the ele sham playing bote and aiming for big shocks when most other eles don’t is a fun customization. Being able to pick vers vs gushing vs ineffable vs haste/mastery are all cool things.

This is the problem. Along with the enormous power jumps that they feel the need to do between tiers. It’s actually nutty how bad a character feels without corruption resist to stack what they want. Or essences to pick and choose from.

Templates are not the answer.

We need easily accessible PvP gear where you can pick and choose from. All with tiny power increases not the insane pve ones.

Yeah no… I’m annoyed with warmode as it is. You have a ton of people that turn it on because there is no downside or to join a lfg raid and then turn it off immediately. I would love to back PvP servers :roll_eyes:

I like to customize in random bgs too? It doesn’t make sense for your character to play different in one single type of content.

Well venruki was the one that started the thread in legion… Not some casual. He doesn’t specifically say he doesn’t like templates but he pretty clearly talks about how he likes collecting gear. His issue again came down to PvP gear being absolute Garbo. When every pve equivalent ilvl is better simply because it has an insane proc or on use it’s dumb.

This isn’t really a comment on the greatness of templates but a statement on the stupidity of bfa.

Give me back WOD gearing.

2 Likes

The greatest PVP eras this game has ever seen have always been when custom Gear and Stats were involved.

I’d say that was more due to class design over gear though.

i remember when she said gear doesnt matter in BFA because of scaling

:thinking:

1 Like

Matters now. Didn’t as much for a good part of it though.

They don’t have to bring back templates, just bring back Resilience so the pve geared don’t just steam roll everyone. It was there in the first place to prevent abuse of gear by pve players.

Alot of people sound like they would like Guildwars2 structured pvp with stat items you can choose from crit build, haste build, and its all skill based. pvp gear doesnt matter in GW2 only in open world vs world

But then you would have people complain that they only pvp and with no gear drops they couldnt do pve stuff

Guild Wars 2 has a system very, very similar to Templates.

Now, the PvP in that game is broken as all hell, and about as populated as a hick town 12 hours from the nearest Wal-Mart, but the system it uses for stat templates and PvP build customization is amazing. It’s just a shame it’s wasted on such a meh game.

2 Likes

It’s an RPG so I would argue for gear to matter but due to the nature of random queues where the worst geared guy faces the best geared guy that they need to balance range and catch up.

This used to be an entry level blue pvp set that could be grinded for and once you got it and some purples you were decent

1 Like

You aren’t being punished. You are queuing for yolo casual bgs. If you expect anything but yolo, then not sure what you want.

Yes. This is the problem. It’s not that gear exists or that gear is unlocked by rating. It’s that pvp gear is too slow and that the weapons, trinkets and azerite aren’t strong enough.

1 Like

I did Motherlode 12 to get better gear so I do better in Random BGS, why should my item level or stats be squished cause I took the time to get better gear. People make it sound like doing Mythics is a hard chore, I am average at PvE and yet manage to down a 12 every week within a hour.

NO! You can’t compare a twink to a high item level 120, a twink to me is in a way cheating cause they are no longer leveling and getting the best gear while fighting players who are leveling or just passing thru, a big difference! Once you get to 120 you know have the opportunity to get the most optimal gear, big difference!

When I burst down (120) players with 50k hp on my 500k+ HP Character with a ranged essence it is wild.
In what lower bracket do we see 10x HP differences?

And since when is gearing up cheating? :rofl:

1 Like

Not cheating but let’s be honest it is unfair. The majority of people who face a twink do not have the optimal gear they are passing by and trying to get to 120. NOT the same thing!