Bring back mage tower

bring in a new battle tower with new weapon skins.

dont rehash the old ones. 100% signed.

5 Likes

Personal insults will really get you somewhere.

But no, MMOs should always have rewards that can only be obtained at a certain time.

I missed out on the WoD challenge mode appearances - I’m not complaining that I didn’t get them, I wasn’t playing at that time, so tough luck.

I did the MoP challenges on a seperate character because I thought I retired my druid, now the armor set is on a character I don’t play - tough luck again.

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram, and focus on getting the next challenge that’s coming in BfA.

2 Likes

I understand why blizzard put a time limit on them. It would devalue the exclusivity of those who worked hard and got them when the content was relevant.

Those folks deserve their exclusivity

4 Likes

Eh, It doesnt matter its a cosmetic item in the game. It doesnt enhance game play unless you are role playing. I think exclusive went out the door when they brought items back into the game.

So if it’s a cosmetic item, why do you want it back so badly?

Sure it looks great - but it also holds value to people that were there and obtained it.

Like I said earlier, the only thing that matters in this game are mounts and appearances - no one cares about gear.

Also, Blizz has never brought back any time limited items on a large scale, save a couple of mounts on the BMAH.

It’s a pointless discussion, they’re simply not bringing old challenges back.

Honestly I have a lot of the appearances I just want to bring it back for something to do and possibly get ones I dont have. I could care less if someone gets an appearance I have and uses it, because it wont effect the game for me. If it does for you Im sorry get over it.

1 Like

Ironic that you mention this and yet, you’re probably the one that needs to get over it.

Like I said, I’ve missed out on my fair share of appearances, it’s water off my back.

I’m not going to kick up a fuss either if they brought it back - but blizz is never going to do it, and there are very good reasons for that.

This is an exercise in futility. Maybe you should take your own advice.

1 Like

Or you can take my advice and get over it if they do bring it back!

This very reason is why the Mage Tower appearances should have been cut off FAR sooner than they were. Imagine being that guy that did the Mage Tower early on at like 875 or whatever early Tomb IL was and then proceed to watch as people do them 10 months later in full Ant gear and like 40 more levels on their weapon.

They should have honestly templated you like MoP CM did iirc.

1 Like

Lol sure, in the meantime I’ll change into all 4 colors of the glowcat and run rings around you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To which IL? Early tomb or late Ant? The ones that I did in late Ant I did in one try. Your damage and health pool allowed you to straight up ignore mechanics. When I did the Imp Mother on my Ele shaman she teleported ONCE and it was at 15% health to where she died to like a Lava Burst and Earth Shock.

1 Like

Honestly, no. I’m not elitist.
Literally check my profile. I haven’t privated anything. You can see I haven’t done anything noteworthy. At all.

But the amount of garbage I had to do, especially for the healing one was ridiculous. After all that I had to go through, I can’t say i’d be thrilled if 120 players can just go back and clear it in no time.

Even if they re-balanced everything to make it a challenge at 120, I don’t want to keep doing it. Make a new challenge with new rewards. I’d do it if I found it worth my time.

4 Likes

The part I don’t understand is the elitist attitude regarding this subject. As long as the content in question is scaled to the current expansion’s difficulty (with any necessary tweaks).

Does it really take away from someone who has earned it during Legion? As long as the difficulty is the same, the answer is no. If you really need to be some special snowflake, then have Blizz give you some title for having completed it when it was “current”.

Same goes for the Mists/Warlords CM dungeons. Scale the difficulty and if you really want, make it a once a year event so it’s not an everyday occurrence.

As far as “elite PVP gear” is concerned, an armor mog token for specific sets would suffice so long as you’ve earned the proper rating for the current season.

Raids readily have gear available to hunt for post expansion, which is what makes up plenty of players down time in a given expansion.

All this would do is promote more subs during drought periods in between expansions. CM are not an easy feat for a casual player and it doesn’t somehow take away your personal achievement if they finally get the nerve to try it an expansion later (again I stress that this is if it scales difficulty properly).

If seeing others have something you do makes you feel less special, then you’re looking at it the wrong way.

2 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment, but the players that did the challenge never asked for a title or an achievement, so how about they bring it back and you get the titles and achievements instead?

Raid gear appearances are a by-product of progression and actually doing the raid. Challenges are time sensitive and meant to show that you achieved it when it was current.

MMOs needs to have an occasional ‘been there, done that’ reward - it’s just a good business decision.

Not sure why people are labeled elitists just because they disagree. Like I said, I’ve missed out on my fair share of challenges because I wasn’t playing.

Is it fair that I call anyone that disagrees with me a whiny snowflake?

Also, the difficulty will never be the same, scaling isn’t perfect, not to mention different class abilities and balance, legendaries and artifact weapons. It was content balanced for a different time.

Look forward to the next challenge.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree, I remember I only got one, the unholy DK one, and it was a crowning achievement for me in wow, I really did feel like I mastered my Class, and was rewarded with an appearance everyone won’t have, I would like them to bring them back, but have them only reward gold and not the apperances.

4 Likes

You’ve degenerated into simply being rude to people because they disagree with your point of view. They won’t bring the rewards back, perhaps it’s time you get over it instead.

4 Likes

Is ‘mage tower’ the Broken Shore building that we pour resources into, then when it’s complete it’s an entirely empty building that used to have portals to all Broken Isles zones? Cause I’m upset about that.

You right, and I am one of those people. I did Tugar at 880 with some season 3 elite and nighthold normal / heroic on. Toward the end of the encounter, he was 1 shotting me if I wasn’t mitigating properly, doing my job, etc. I scraped by because I knew how to play my class correctly, and I felt very fulfilled at 4 in the morning while almost dead to the world.

I don’t mind that people got it done within the expansion time window, considering we were told that it was going to be time sensitive. I appreciated the effort that went into it. I got all 36 of mine done. But I get where you’re coming from.

Which they won’t do, because they specifically said it wouldn’t be. But you can keep hoping they will. Arguing with people who got the rewards when they could actually be obtained won’t help your case any.

1 Like

They 100% will never bring back legion mage tower appearances.