Bring back mage tower

Personally I wouldnt mind as i dont think anything should be 100% exclusive

however a lot of people do and it was made very clear that it would be only a limited time to get them and that decision was made open well in advance of the removal so I dont feel much sympathy.

I think every thing should be made available in the same way as the raid mounts are. Either have high chance while it’s hard and current or very low chance when it’s old and easy.

But I can empathize with the people who want to keep stuff exclusive even if i dont agree

To be fair they always bring out the good time limited stuff at a point where I dont care much for playing untill the next expansion which also reflects the player base. Like in Pandaria with the challenge mode and Legion with Mage tower. You can argue its to boost active players but only a time limited thing usually doesnt get me back to pay that 15 dollar a month for when its live if the rest of the content is dry.

Glad I didnt miss out on Mage Tower but I can see the frustration others might have.

I’m frustrated I missed out on the CM armor from MoP. But that was my choice. That was my fault. I hope they never come back so those people can enjoy their exclusive rewards that they earned

1 Like

honestly if they didnt want to have people to complain about not being able to get the appearances they shouldnt bring back other items in the game that were taken out. So to be fair if your going to make things exclusive then you should abide by those terms, but they havent. So yeah, bring back the mage tower.

I’m going to have to veto this.

NO.

But they aren’t going too so it’s not really a big deal. They may make new challenges, but legions MT is gone

and what if you got mage tower unlocked on most classes on EU / and when BFA hit you moved to US / while not knowing that they dont come to different region.

Too bad. If you missed playing WoW when WoW was good, that’s your responsibility. I’m not playing BfA and if they have limited time appearances that I miss, that’s my responsibility as well.

1 Like

I get that. Though the thing is I can see it from a collectors perspective of the frustration of something unobtainable.

I personally like a system of where things like that are still obtainable like buying it from another player on the AH, many games feature items that were time exclusive but if you are a whale you can spend pretty penny on them buying it from someone who doesnt need it anymore. Except which is litteraly impossible in a game like WoW. As the rewards are accompanied with certain feats and are bound to character/profile and no longer physical selable items. So I can understand people not wanting anyone to be able to get it.

They said it won’t be coming back. It was designed around the artifacts, and since artifacts are gone atm… i don’t forsee them coming back the way they were.

Please tell me how bringing back the mage tower will affect anything in game? It wont you guys will all still keep on playing grinding out stuff like you normally do.

And thats fine, people can be frustrated. Hopefully next time a CM pops up they take full advantage of the time they have

Im a complete 180. Things that are time sensitive should never make an appearance in the game again. It would be in poor taste for blizzard to tell people to get things while they can, just to turn around later and give it out again. Not everything is for everyone

Two way road. If it affects nothing then you dont need it

2 Likes

They still have artifacts in the game they havent been removed hence you should be able to get the apperances.

1 Like

It will nulify their sense of accomplishment and reward for a feat they did. By reintroducing it in its current state you can steamwalk over it and get it for no extra effort. Thats what people opposed to your idea are saying.

Nah what I meant with that it stays time exclusive but its transferable to some one else. Say you got a pvp armor unlocked I buy it from you. You lose it I get it to equip. I spend weeks on some games trying to collect my favorite armor from time exclusive events I missed but just had to have. But like I said a system like that doesnt work in WoW as its never intended to work like that.

It’s a slippery slope. Blizz stated the mogs would be unique to the expansion. If they go back on their word, what other “special” things we have to work hard for will they let everyone have? Personally, I don’t really care about the mogs and who has them or not, but it’s a Blizz trust issue.

If we are saying lets just not let people get something if they didnt participate during that expansion. Then fine strip people of all items or mounts or achieves that they didnt get during that expansion that they didnt participate in there is no difference.

If they could bring back the Brawlers guild in every expac since MoP, they can bring back the mage tower. The scaling argument “that it can’t be done” because of scaling of power is nonsense, the Brawler guild is direct proof that it can be easily done with multiple different bosses.

As for the appearances I have all of them obtained and I’d be completely happy if they allowed them to continue being obtainable for new and returning players alike, not everyone played in Legion.

If I can go back and get Legion Mythic sets from annihilating bosses in 3-4 seconds, why shouldn’t other people get a chance at completing a difficult challenge to earn an old reward.

Exclusive appearances in an online game are selfish and horrible…Throw the “exclusivity” idea in the bin already.

No its not. Many fights were designed with the arifact weapons and their abilities in mind. Classes have changed significantly since legion

Theyre gone

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you could scale the mage tower to current ilvl… So no effort would have nothing to do with this.