Bring back mage tower artifact appearances

And as someone who completely curbstomped the reworked version with zero idea of how to play a warrior because Crusader enchant carried me, I disagree.

In fact, because I’m bored actually. Pick a spec for me. I’ll level it to 50 and do the Mage Tower. When I post proof of completion you have to forfeit this idiotic belief that the Mage Tower now is harder and thus deserving of the same rewards.

I already trounced it when it was current with my main, and beaten the Legion version with 3 classes I had zero idea how to play before leveling up then going in. It is not harder, players are just coping for why they struggle with content 7 years old.

1 Like

They literally announced Naxxramas vanilla version was going to be removed. You might’ve missed the memo, but others didn’t.

They also announced when TCG was getting discontinued, so in a way, yes, they were saying, “buy your TCG cards whole you still can, because we’re discontinuing it here soon.”

Yet, you can watch 4 hours of a streamer on twitch to get the next TCG drop lol like they did with Fel Drake.

You’re also probably not aware of the new quantum items in 10.1.5 are you? How they literally added an item that’ll give you a random mount youve never obtained yet or how there’s an item that’ll give you a random transmog appearance, for even ones that are no longer in the game? But yeah, sure man.

Making an educated guess more so. And I don’t really care if people obtain it, so not sure where you’re going with that haha.

The current version of the mage tower is much more difficult than it was in Legion.

1 Like

I was talking about when it first was reworked in Shadowlands, not now. This was before the new talent tree reworks and when we had the rows still. It was more challenging in the reworked version for sure.

I’m not forfeiting anything because as someone who’s completed it back in Legion, I can say I dont mind if it was brought back and players could obtain it again. It really doesn’t hurt me. I found it easy in Legion with my OP legendaries.

Weird, you’re the only person I’ve seen say this, and it’s conveniently right in the middle of a heated disagreement on this very topic. I’ve seen dozens and dozens of others claim it’s harder now.

But hey, I can’t give my input since I wasn’t around for the Legion iteration. Just something I noticed.

identical challenge. just uses scaling because many artifact powers from that era are in our trees now.

You can literally do the current one in all greens once you’ve memorized the scenario

also been figured out, and have guides that tell you what to do down to the very trinkets you should pick up.

a LOT easier if you ask me :100:

1 Like

But you berated me for saying it’s the same aside from scaling? I’m so confused :face_with_spiral_eyes:

What date did you get your first “A Challenging Appearance” achievement?

Yeah they did… WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED WRATH OF THE LICH KING AN ENTIRE YEAR AND A HALF LATER.

Another false equivalency, stop with these. Announcing an ongoing product is being discontinued is not the same as telling people from day one of the card packs dropping they’ll be going away in a couple years when sales dry up.

Because the removal of the way to acquire these was sudden and not really known too far off in advance. Again, nobody knew cards wouldn’t be in print in a couple years. We just assumed they’d keep it going as extra monetization.

TCG mounts being removed and codes being discontinued after a few years of failure is again, not the same as saying from the start “THIS IS GOING AWAY!” Magic still prints old cards, Yugioh still prints old cards, Pokemon still prints old cards. They might not be the ideal edition for the prestige, but it’s still the same card. I can go and get it right now.

Actually, I do know about these items. Unlike you though I actually got the Quantum Courser and know how it works, it gives you dungeon mount drops. It doesn’t give you mounts removed from the game, all of the ones it gives are ones you can right now go and get if you get lucky. I got mine and got the weird Rylak skeleton from some Shadowlands dungeon from it. The ONLY exception to this is the Green Proto Drake but that’s on par with a dungeon grind mount just because of the rng with eggs.

I also have the list of potential drops on Wowhead pulled up, all of which are things STILL RIGHT NOW ATTAINABLE.

Maybe instead of lobbing false equivalencies at me and then trying to namedrop a new item, then incorrectly tell me how it works and make yourself look like a fool because you’re so desperate to look like you have a leg to stand on you should probably take some time to research some stuff.

Like the way the items work you described to me acting as if I didn’t know them more intimately than you clearly, or maybe just basic reasoning skills at above an eighth grade level. You make a lot of logical fallacies when you speak and I would like for you to stop, it’s very distracting trying to give you respect and read what you type when it’s littered with false equivalencies and irrelevant argumentation as well as strawmans.

For real, you create another strawman and I’ll farm it in Kara next week.

1 Like

I don’t know about many of the others but that is definitely not the case for Xylem.

Back in Legion, once I got to the final phase where you kill Corrupting Shadows, it was a cakewalk.

In the current version, the lowest I’ve ever gotten it to was 38% before then entire floor would be covered.

1 Like

Here you are again insulting someone for literally no reason at all. What a joke you are.

I disagree because there are several Legion Legendaries that did not have their effects implemented into the game after Legion, and many of which were reduced significantly. Same for artifact powers.

For example, Whisper of the Nathrezim was a 15% damage multiplier for casting Templar Strike within 6-8 seconds of each other. The similar effect down line was 8

We also had different versions of Tier, which could also be used in the MT alongside Legion legendaries, effects from the Netherlight Crucible which no longer exist, a much higher stacked “Concordance of Legionfall” near the end of Legion, etc.

Also better and more powerful combat potions were in the game, drums were stronger, etc

2 Likes

yeah, great point. since i only did the druid challenge, i’ll def take your word on that. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Yeah but the vulpera told me because the mechanics are still the same that it’s the exact same challenge and thus should yield the same reward so none of your logic about how radically the game itself has changed matters because the mechanics are the same dude.

2 Likes

Xylem is a DPS race. You can probably still do it in greens if you optimize your stats correctly. I’m interested to try this now!

Lmao I guess we can forget about Tyraels Charger mount then I guess, how it was only supposed to be obtained during the event and then they later made it obtainable through D4 event and now through Trading Post haha.

Even though it was advertised back then to only be obtainable back then.

Inb4, “false equivalency!!?1”

They didnt bring back OG Naxx

The portal in Epl takes you to the Northrend Version of the instance.

1 Like

Same challenge by the way. Same difficulty. Same rewards because same mechanics. =^)

I’ve already acknowledged the scaling difference and still waiting to hear something else.

No, they didn’t, but you can obtain the transmogs from old Naxx at the moment.