Bring Auction House Overhaul to Classic

lots of burning crusade 2.0 fixes were applied to items, wotlk water/bnet, retail mail system, reworked rigging system, I am sure the list goes on.

1 Like

Those are more likely bugs caused by porting the old game into the new engine, rather than intentional “fixes”.

1 Like

not sure how changing the engine changes skull of impending doom from

Increase your run speed by 60% for 10 sec, but deals 100 to 501 damage

to

2.0.1 increase run speed by 60% for 10 seconds, but deals damage equal to 60% of your health

this is stuff that should be defined by the database and not the engine, just to clarify that the tooltip is correct but the drain mechanic isn’t and similar items have their 2.0 changes in effect

Oh great, more people with the “Oh boy, Blizzard did a new feature! I want that in Classic” threads. :smiley:

These retail players I swear. They want everything streamlined and easy. They really cant stand playing Classic for what it is and want all their QoL, endless amount of retail features, and easy queues for dungeon/raids. Go back to easy town. This game is too cumbersome for any of you so you might as well go home where you really want to play. It isn’t here.

Go party sync level 60 content.

3 Likes

Why do you assume they play exclusively Retail?

I play exclusively Retail, and I’m a #nochanges to Classic person. I don’t want it to change, because that misses the point of releasing it in the first place.

It’s really the main thing I want from it. Even if this is all they change to classic AH I’d be pretty happy.

Use an auction house addon.

1 Like

That doesn’t do the same thing. They are doing away with stacks of commodities which makes things much more simple. It’s not merely a cosmetic thing.

I’d rather they add summoning to meeting stones.

1 Like

if the only solution that can be offered is “change it”, then…we should change it. If a third party mod and a first party change both have the same effect, I’ll take the first party thing every time since they’re less prone to crashing.

If you also don’t need a full stack, single auctions are also convenient.

Addons existed in vanilla, and were the go-to fix if you didn’t like the vanilla AH. Blizzard won’t interfere if there’s an existing solution already.

I don’t use addons. I don’t have problems buying or selling items on Classics AH.

I think a fair amount of this comes down to them needing to completely reprogram the back end so that the vanilla AH that didn’t scale well into a hugely increased catalog so many expansions later can stop lagging so much.

Thing is one of the biggest problems they are trying to solve doesn’t seem to exist in Classic so far as I can tell. So the problem solves that they came up with for retail aren’t necessarily that appropriate for classic.

I think that if Classic had the minor BC tweak of ordering items by buyout price, or the even later tweak of showing them with lowest avg buyout price per item would be helpful.

Walls of singles on Classic? Why not just collapse for each person to one single line per item/price combo.

So like Jimbob posted linen cloth at 20c each with a modifier next to it x256 to show how many Jimbob is selling at the price. And if Jimbob goes back and adds more linen at the same price then only change is the expiration timer on the entire lot is automatically longest either of what is there already or what is being posted. Edit to add: And also let Jimbob set the minimum stack quantity from 1-20 on their lot that a person can buy.

I have issues with lack of filters for some types of items and maybe the new design deals with that, but it’s not really being discussed so I’d need to go check it out myself to see. Thing is that retail gear is a lot more complicated than Classic gear with items having different versions for the exact same thing. Much more complicated so we wouldn’t probably need all the sort categories they would.

I’m for no “cata tier” changes.

I would like this even though it would change the game by removing the concept of pretty stacking and low bid scamming.

I would like it just because it’s a pain to scan 13 pages of linen cloth every time its time to level first aid on a new toon.

I think no changes 100% is nothing but a missed opportunity to enhance the reboot of wow while maintaining its core identity as a MMORPG

There are loads of tedious things that could stay in, but the AH is just players fighting the system to scan items with auctionator. Plus it crashes often with “internal auction error”

No changes.

2 Likes

No changes because I’d rather see them spend time preparing Classic TBC.

3 Likes

Yup. I’ve already re-rolled in preparation for late vanilla content and TBC.

Someone hopefully will make an addon that mimics the AH overhaul.

Would be nice to sort by buyout and not bid, and ignore thousands of single-stack postings.

Not possible to do using an addon.

I don’t understand the problem #nochanges ideologues have with this. Are you just going to object to every potential quality-of-life change just because? Are you all angry about the clock below the minimap?

P.S. It’s about time they overhauled the AH interface.