Bring Auction House Overhaul to Classic

Just happened to watch the content preview video which has Dire Maul, Visions of N’Zoth, etc in it and the auction house revamp is pretty impressive.

Why not bring that to classic? Would that be so horrible to the #nochanges movement? Watch the video, the changes are amazing! This is absolutely no different from the updated mail system, would anyone actually want to go back?
No, they wouldn’t.

Kinda makes me wanna play retail and I haven’t touched retail in many, many years.

26 Likes

I approve this idea +1

8 Likes

or we can leave vanilla alone, the goal of classic is not to be a hybrd of classic and retail.

49 Likes

Obligatory “I’m no changes, but”

We need this. Everyone just uses addons anyway because the current AH is a horrible mess

17 Likes

i don’t use an AH addon, there goes your everyone.

21 Likes

So you want the old mail system back then?

2 Likes

wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

11 Likes

Then you are likely overpaying for your items. People prey on people like you by making the list price cheap, but making the buyout price expensive. It makes the item appear first in the default interface, thus more likely for people to buy it.

6 Likes

i don’t buy a lot off the auction house to begin with, and i search through every page when i do, to make sure i’m getting the cheapest of whatever i am buying.

i’m not dumb. i do pay attention to that buyout price.

9 Likes

I can not state it enough for these threads… blizzard is not going to change anything in classic…

the best we can hope for is TBC and WOTLK releases.

I feel like one of the high ups is butt hurt over the fact that very few MMO players enjoy the junk that is retail…especially with the “You think you do, but you don’t” mentality they had going into this.

They honestly thought this would be a niche… and the fact so many reject their so called QOL improvements and classic is more popular then retail… just makes them salty.

Blizzard is just not the company they used to be…

13 Likes

#nochanges

11 Likes

Same, been too lazy to go download it and I’ve been selling my items just fine on it.

1 Like

No.
Go play retail
#nochanges
etc all that

13 Likes

Id love to see actual data that backs this up. Not saying your wrong.

1 Like

If someone is buying things on ah and can’t be bothered to do 2nd grade level math, and/or click through a few pages of results, they deserve to be fleeced.

9 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Are you kidding? That doesn’t justify the horrible AH ui. Maybe the pages should be in different languages " learn Cantonese" amirite?

completely agree to this, I have seen many people agreeing to this in game. Ignore the no changes vocal minority who are just present in Forums

3 Likes

No. You wanted vanilla, you got vanilla. If you want modern stuff go play retail, the actual game.

9 Likes

Explain the modern mail system?

2 Likes