Brazilians do not speak spanish

Look. We get to play with French Canadians on NA. You can handle playing with Spanish speakers on LA. Or you can stay in the NA servers.

Though, I don’t see the issue with them adding Brazil servers too.

I know a lot of people don’t speak Spanish, but a Brazilian sounds like a number you just made up.

1 Like

Most of Latin America is spanish speaking, Brazil is not part of Latin America … the server is a Latin American server …

The blue post you linked literally states “you will only want to make that move if you prefer to speak Spanish or Portuguese”. In other words, BOTH languages will be spoken on that realm. No where does it state that it will be “spanish-only speakers”. You’re getting all kinds of pissed off over nothing. :woman_facepalming:t4:

There really should be NA realms for Portuguese, Spanish, and French speakers. All the other languages are probably too little represented in NA WoW.

It’s most likely because they don’t have the numbers to justify a server just for Brazil. Yes there are a lot of players from Brazil, but not enough to create a healthy population on their own server.

HDude in retail (anybody is playing it) we brazilians had 6 servers, most of them are died and we sware to blizzard for get it together and they have never heard us, so now we cant have our own servers?
Nice try…

1 Like

Lol, you don’t know SHT about Br’s in question
we don’t say Mate o Mago, we say Mate aquele viado or any possible insult.
also we HATE playing with latin american players with passion since vanilla by experience.

as we hate playing mostly with americans who are mostly kids with channer and streaming twitch mentality with zero Education, along with Canadians, MAINLY QUEBECOIS FRENCHMEN who respects no one and thinks that they are better than anyone else.

so yes, i vote for an BR server, i vote even for transfering Thalnos to a proper BR friendly dataserver.

But THEN this is blizzard that we are talking about, FOR YEARS people asked for crossrealm between all realms, an ease on the sub price over here, and even a BETTER paying method instead of PayU(which is notorious for scams), and blizzard gently gave us the Middle finger.

1 Like

Baseline, you do not know Spanish. You do not know Portuguese. You can not gauge how well their respective speakers can or should understand each other. Stop running your mouth.

Yes, you can.

You can predict based on the overlap between the languages and how recently they diverged.

It can be difficult for people that only speak English to appreciate how learning one language assists in understanding other languages because English has become so unique among the germanic languages.

Except it is. I can understand 90% of any portuguese text.

This isn’t Duolingo. People are here to play a game with other people whom they can understand. Not piece together a translation from a different language, no matter how similar.

I’m suprise nobody took the time to quote you on this and then give you a proper answer.

Blizzard doesn’t have servers in Latin America for World of Warcraft. Our realms in retail have their data centers in Chicago (if i remember correctly), which means that a person living, for example, in Argentina will have to deal with a ping within 180-230ms.

So opening a Latin America realm in Classic wouldn’t change a thing about our pings.

And it’s actually kinda frustrated for me this … all thing. Blizzard always seems to fail in understand how to make bussiness in a region. Heroes failed here because they didn’t promote at all the game, and they didn’t give us the same amount of servers that LoL has (LoL has one in Chile, Peru, and Mexico i think. Heroes only has one in Brazil)

In Overwatch we had more servers, but they recently shut down some of them. Now we have only the one in Brazil, and this obviously causes trouble when we have to communicate in a team.

If you want your game to be successful, invest properly in the region. If you don’t do this, is obvious that your game will fall into oblivion (sorry for that little rant Ironpelt lmao)

You just proved my point… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: If Brazilian retail servers can’t even sustain a healthy population, then why would you think that Classic can? That’s why Latin American servers for both Spanish and Portuguese speakers is the best alternative. North American servers consist of English speakers and Canadian French speakers because there aren’t enough Canadian French players to justify their own realm. Seriously, people are acting like Blizzard is deliberately targeting Brazilians in a malicious manner just because they’re trying to find solutions that make things easier for you without leaving you guys stranded on another dead server by yourselves. Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sure, and somehow, all of these other language communities, which also dont have their own server, are able to manage.

The truth of the matter is many Brasilians want to talk about how different from the rest of the latin America, practically arguing they arent even South America.

The deman for your own server is a request to simply never see other people in South America, which is a request that Blizzard will never honour.

Servers are based on geography and how many people in a country play Wow, regardless the country’s population. Thats why Korea gets its own servers despite having less people than Brazil - they have more people playing WoW.

The earlier comment that there uses to be 6 Brazil servers, but most died, doesnt give Blizzard any incentive either

Oh it’s fine. I didn’t know if their cloud gaming network had a partnership in South America or not. Odd that they don’t, there’s a very nice, reliable data center in Ecuador. I was shocked to have a high speed connection as far out as Cuenca even. They actually do a lot of hosting in Quito. You’d think with the amount of populated countries down there, that they’d have hosting partners in the region.

Hopefully, y’all down in the FAR south get some love eventually.

1 Like

the Europeans manage on their servers

Sure?
Openning a new server with this timing? (We all asked for it before launch)
Play with bad latency even we are playing in Latin American server?
No ty…
And our pop are diluated in 6 realms in dead-retail version, how much do you pay for play? Is more than us? If not, make no sense we dont have our own server in our region…

I second the motion for a Brazilian segregation server

I’m posting here to say I’m a south american (Argentinean) that is fluent in English but does not know a word of Portuguese.

Portuguese is not the same as Spanish, and mixing Brazilians with other Spanish speakers defeats the point of having a server in which everyone can communicate.

While I’ve played the entirety of WoW’s life on US servers simply because there was no Latin server in 2004, and I probably never would unless they placed a Datacenter that is ACTUALLY in Latin America (unlike the retail ones that used to be in Texas or Chicago), I feel there needs to be at least a PVP and a PVE server for Spanish, and a separate set for Portuguese speakers.

1 Like