Brazilians do not speak spanish

Had me fooled.

Yep. Argentinean here. I play with ~170 ms, these days.
I’m probably not the target audience of a Latin Server, because I’ve been playing on US realms just fine since 2004, but most Latin players know how to speak English. Either make a Latin server that is actually in Latin America, or not at all.

Also, Latin servers were either in Texas or Chicago. I think it was Texas, which was actually worse than the NY datacenter at the time.

My 2c.

1 Like

It would seem not many Brazilians are on board with a LA server unless there’s separate Portuguese and Spanish ones. I know this is going to sound off, but I noticed we got a lot of transfers on Netherwind that were concerned that the Portuguese speakers would come as well. This might not be known in South America, or Brazil particularly, but I have to bring up a point. Many Brazilians have said they’d rather play on an NA server because they mostly speak English. You should probably know that in USA culture, it’s often considered rude to speak in a foreign language publicly, while people who don’t speak that language are present. That’s why you’re losing a lot of english speaking players on your realm
 just a thought.

That isn’t intended to offend anyone. I’m just bringing up a cultural difference, to help make things easier.

1 Like

Eh, sure there might be a few decent people but if the majority of BR players weren’t troll cancer to the extreme I might feel bad for you. Sorry not sorry.

2 Likes

How we can’t fill a server if we have more ppl on retail then the LATAM comunity? I really can’t understand that, if they made a latam server, make a fking brazillian too. or atleast 2 servers, a pvp and a pve.
They are literally trowing us some useless realm to attend only a part of a part of our comunity, and not because we need it, its just beacause most of ppl that are on thalnos or paggle don’t want to see some portuguese speakers on chat looking for portuguese speakers guilds

Then you’re some sort of linguistic genius because without reading it first in english, all I’d know were 3 or 4 words out of each sentence. I might be able to deduce the meaning of it, but I could end up being wildly inaccurate.

It’s so funny when anyone speaks Brazil Portuguese to me i always understand but when I talk or write back in Spanish no one understand
 The 2 languages are so similar

Nonsense, absolutly nonsense, XD

And the idea that all brown people south of Texas speak Spanish isn’t? A stupid topic that is bullcrap deserves a stupid response that was a well. We have people in here saying that two different languages that are “similar” are close enough for all Brazilians to understand and all Spanish speaking people can understand Portuguese. If that is the case then I put forth that two Spanish speaking countries can’t talk to one another.

True.
Brasil is located next to Norway, and has a nordic language
right

1 Like

no Brazil is in south America on the East Coast. Latin America is usually defined as the Spanish speaking countries of Central America.

Wrong.

Oh boy
XD. Thanks for the laughs.

1. I don’t believe for a second that you would understand that if someone just gave you the German version of that without the English translation right next to it.

2. Reading and analyzing a sample of formally written German =/= translating informal German on the fly while someone is trying to have a fluid conversation with you. If you’re trying to compare those two situations then you either have zero experience with translating a non-native language, or you’re being ultra-disingenuous.

EDIT:

Yeah I know that wasn’t the perfect comparison since German and English have a lower percentage. My main point was that it obviously helps greatly to have a common vocabulary, but that isn’t the only thing that goes into understanding a language.

That professor-dwarf-guy is saying that the other aspects are also similar enough that Portuguese and Spanish speakers should be able to understand each other, but based off all the people in this thread that are saying that they don’t, I think there’s a hole in that hypothesis somewhere. I’d say that it’s probably that people use all sorts of shorthand and various types of slang when they’re communicating in-game and on the internet.

please let me transfer from oceanic servers

Estou tentando aprender portugues. So
talvez. ,:stuck_out_tongue:

I feel you, but luckily, ping difference in 2019 is insanely improved. I live near Irvine and play an East Coast server, occasionally. No major issues so far.

Well, because classic has WAY more players than any retail realm? Plus, the game requires much less players to fulfill the world properly. I’m sure that we could have at least two brazilian realms with a healthy pop

esto es falso - Spanish

isto Ă© falso - Portuguese

this is false - English

Which two are more similar?

I’m brazilian too and i really can’t understand spanish at all. Saying that every brazilian is able to understand spanish is like saying any brit is able to understand german. Stop talking about stuff what you don’t understand

They’re going to kill Thanos with this and brazilians will get ****ed. I don’t want to play on a low pop realm.

KEK you doing fine.