Bravo Classic Devs Thank You

Yeah sorry I highlighted it from your post but it was meant to be to Tinytusk.

I agree with you, progressive content release is very important to maintaining the spirit of vanilla. My concerns are around the speed of progress of that content release. Originally it was time released based on how quickly they could develop it. It didn’t matter if people were ready/not ready etc, the content was ready and it was patched in.

This time around, it doesn’t necessarily have to be tied to a static timeline. All the content is there, don’t release it all at once but maybe let the progression of the server dictate how quick/delayed content is released or follow a TBC style attunement process for content release?

I believe servers will progress at different rates. The way social dynamics in wow tend to happen, you have a main raid guild who will quickly clear content, then maybe they have alts, maybe they run in pugs etc there is a trickle down effect where that server with the top guilds will generally progress much quicker than another server that doesn’t have progression focused raid guilds.

Why not adapt the release of content to the pace the server is progressing?

You are making stuff up now.

1 Like

The updated content release is more true to the vanilla content release, not them trying to replicate pservers.

It is the same sort of release schedule nostalrius used. The reason blizzard changed their minds is because “the classic community” lead by youtubers who got famous streaming private servers made a fuss about blizzards initial release schedule not being close enough to their authentic nostalrius release.

Their initial release schedule was just as close to how the classic wow timeline worked for most of the world back in the day.

1 Like

If that’s the case, those same people (you included, if you were one of them) aren’t going to notice one bit of difference in the game to the updated release schedule.

Right and if that’s the case then the people claiming that “those who prefer the old content release are out of touch” are just being jerks arent they?

No, because technically the “old content release” is what they’re doing. You mention that their initial release schedule was more like how a lot of people experienced the game back then, but it wasn’t actually how the content was released. Point is, let them release things how they were back then - if you didn’t notice it then, you won’t notice now, and the complaints are pointless.

You literally made a claim then when i suggested that claim worked both ways you said “no”.

nice conversation my dude!

“Right and if that’s the case then the people claiming that “they don’t realize the importance of the way it’s structured” are just being jerks arent they?”

There since we are splitting hairs i edited the post a bit instead of paraphrasing the OP like i did in the other.

Thank you to the Classic Developers for the new 6 step program. :stuck_out_tongue:

You make no sense…

Why would they ever release content based on each individual servers progression?

What difference is it to just releasing everything at launch day lol?

The game plays differently during each content patch. The content releases keeps the game fresh for years.
It isn’t about YOU, it’s about the whole community.

1 Like

You might not have much experience with vanilla wow, so I will explain. For much of vanilla wow there was no cross realm content, each server was a self contained, isolated community in and of itself. The best example of this is probably the AQ opening event, it was framed as a server by server race to see who could get it open first, their was a concept of server pride back in vanilla (it added to that sense of community) that has not really existed in the game for a long time.

You ruin all sense of progression if you do this, later content tiers invalidate previous ones. Vanilla wow was very much about the journey, its not like modern wow where its all about the current content patch.

The game is 15 years old and people are still clamouring for it… not sure your argument of freshness holds water.

Vanilla is about the journey not the destination, the pacing and feeling of that journey is more important that ultimately ending up at the destination. If you are left behind, or waiting arbitrarily to advance it lessens the adventure. Server by server progression makes the most sense… especially if new servers comes online at different times.

Lol I think you’re the one without experience.

Thank you, Blizzard, I hope you implement other features that resemble vanilla as close as possible as well.

Thank you Blizzard!

Can I take my thanks back?

Unless you give us the TRUE EXPERIENCE OF Vanilla which includes using 1.5 AV, then you do not deserve my thanks, but you lost a customer.

As a veteran ranked PvPer from Vanilla, my fondest memories are on AV and the EPIC experience it brought. If I wanted some quick honor/rep then I would and could queue up for AB or WSG.

Please for the love of God do not use patch 1.12 AV, that is not the experience the true AV veterans want.

1 Like

100% Thank you, Blizz team. What you’ve done and what you are doing is far more than we ever hoped for.

1.12 AV makes sense, is just fine and you’ll find the majority of players will enjoy it immensely.

The features you’re implementing and the version choices you are choosing all make sense and will add to the smoothness of the launch along with the future maintenance of Classic.

You won’t be able to please everyone but sub numbers alone will show you how many of us are satisfied with what you are doing.

Sincerely, thank you. Alot.

Nope, I doubt it. Starting to think a lot of players never played 1.5…but you can’t say I didn’t warn people.

You reap what you sow and be careful what you wish for.

1 Like

Pretty much this, not everyone who played classic wow got to 60.
Older av seems to be the best designed av. But people who didn’t experience it will dismiss it.

Again, if 1.12 AV deters you from Classic, it wasn’t for you in the first place.

Move on! Find joy elsewhere! Why stay somewhere where a tragedy on the level of 1.12 AV exists? Why put yourself in so much, Classic breaking, pain?

Clearly, its over. :frowning:

#chickenlittle

1 Like

Yes, agreed.