Classic Content Plan

You misread what i said. Now you have me wondering if i should be explaining it to you or telling you to reread it. Did you misread or is your reading comprehension just bad? I dislike posts like yours because im not sure if grabbing you by the hand and spelling it out for you will change anything.

Tinytusk, they are following the principles behind the timing of release of events (dungeons/raids) as it was in vanilla to avoid the situation where gear dropping in one dungeon/raid is too OP for the next one, leading that one to be skipped entirely, etc… Yes, they did stagger content. The release of new servers was a separate issue and dealt with growth of player numbers, not in-game content, although the two occasionally were bundled together in the same patch. However, one still was not dependent upon the other.

It seems you’re attempting to compare what is done on private servers with what Blizzard actually did during vanilla, and that is leading to some very inaccurate surmises on your part.

From the looks of things in that blue post, they’re doing an amazing job.

11 Likes

Keep these updates coming!

Mate, I am just replying to what you said. We are able to scroll up and read your comments.

3 Likes
1 Like

Literally would never happen. This is a meme uninformed people spread who don’t actually understand the game. That one tips out video where he says that helm from UBRS is better than anything until BWL… there are no other epic helms of that class until bwl except for tier 1 which is better if you have the set…

The updated content release is the private server release. Its the one private server streamers have been making videos about and trying to get blizzard to change to the way they experienced it on their private server. in retail classic no one beat BWL until after ZG was released. Now raids will have a month or two to farm BWL before Zg comes out.

4 Likes

I haven’t been in Maraudon in years.

I completely forgot about that place.

I’m going to feel like such a noob in Classic WoW, even though I spent almost all my free time in those 2000s there.

4 Likes

I personally second this, if at least in the proposed Stage 2 (DM) and Stage 3 (BWL)

2 Likes

I stand corrected, I did indeed misread it.

However I feel this is best replicating the original progression through game the first time around. If they add additional servers later on it will be a different discussion entirely if Blizzard will replicate what they did back then or start the progression cycle over from the start.

1 Like

Now this is more like it! Thank you Blizzard for actually listening to your fans!

2 Likes

I imagine a lot of people who aren’t big into the private server scene are going to feel like a massive noob all over again.

and with Mara, I’m just going to assume 90% of groups get lost trying to find the place again =P

9 Likes

Well, we at least have ONE Negative Nancy. I think the news is great.

7 Likes

Thank you this sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Considering that content in most cases was untested in Vanilla and much of the people playing had very little idea of how to use there classes at the level 14 years of epxerince allows people to. Saying something wasnt beat in Vanilla isnt exactly a way to convey how things are going to go in classic.

The reality is we know what the bosses abilities are and what the class abilities are. That knowedge alone is going to go FAR further than what it took to clear content when most people who came to this game had never done a raid in there life.

1 Like

I don’t think we will win the Right Click Report war until blizzard sees it fail.

This is an excellent plan! Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Pretty nice to see Blizzard as it once was - listening and (more crucially) acting on feedback

2 Likes

Exactly. now i will hit 60 and beat MC effortlessly with a pug of randoms and i will have to wait 2 months for my specs items to start dropping in the raid because a few people wanted the itemization to be screwed up so the raid would be “harder”.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update mate.

1 Like

I can’t remember of the top of my head where it’s at.

Having a mount is going to be so huge in Classic WoW again. We’ve taken for granted stuff like waterstriders and flying mounts.

We’re going to be hauling butt to get to all these places again.

7 Likes