Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

Its impressive that they clearly don’t know what to do with delves in terms of scaling. Brann doesn’t do anything for damage, he can get 100-0 if the AI just decides he doesn’t want to move and just overall unfun if you go solo. Also if you want certain classes to solo with the assumption brann barely participates, maybe don’t have melee swings hitting for 1/4 to 1/5 of your health with (outside of tanks) the ability to crit.

I think it’s because they threw a switch that stopped his leveling and that’s just where people were at the time.

I do think it’s very much a conscious decision to not have his damage output be overly significant, to avoid potential ‘afk’ strats where a player essentially just guides Brann through the instance as he murders everything. Of course his current state is very far away from that (arguably even when he was bugged), but I think Brann’s meant to be more for utility and whatever curios you have equipped on him, supplementing your own abilities. Which kinda leaves healers specifically in the dust here, but with Brann not having a tank role I’m not sure if Blizz ever really thought about healers here anyway.

Brann is a power hungry monster.

Thank god they stopped him.

What an absolute maniac.

3 Likes

And do not have spells that need kicked on specs that have no way to get an interrupt.(disc/holy priest)

I assure you they also never thought about cloth wearing casters or classes that have no access to self healing. In short they didn’t think this through at all and it shows.

8 Likes

They never think about healers, the only time they did healers a solid was Legion Mage Towers.

A lot of players also think of Healers as second or third class side characters in this game, saying things like “why would you EVER do this as a healer, go dps or stop complaining.”

1 Like

I swear my Brann could never hold aggro from even a single attack. One flame shock, smite, etc. Would pull aggro. It’s been awful trying delves as heal spec.

4 Likes

Mad Man Brann

2 Likes

Kek --made me laugh

3 Likes

zekvir ?? hotfix when?

3 Likes

125% isn’t going to do much.

He does less damage than healer specs, 125% buff does nothing.

1 Like

This explains why sometimes I’d enter an 8 and Brann would feel like he was underleveled.

Now fix the fact that there are some of us who are apparently bugged and not receiving upgrades for our curios. I’ve completed 100 delves, half of them bountiful, and all my curios are still 1/4, minus the Zekvir one that drops at 4/4.

How about just reverting all these stupid changes you’ve made in the name of balance so they’re actually able to be completed solo regardless of spec? Getting chunked for most of my health because I literally don’t have enough interrupts, Brann isn’t interrupting anything, the Voidwalker isn’t holding aggro worth a damn, and there’s no outhealing the damage I’m taking if I use the Felpuppy to interrupt. (Sure would be nice if I had an interrupt not tied to a pet. Why didn’t anyone think to make that a talen…Oh wait. People whined about it.)

Just let us have some damn fun in these Blizzard. Letting people have a bit of easier access to Heroic gear isn’t the end of the freaking world.

8 Likes

well this ‘bug’ explains why some people who were using Brann to tank were having such an easy time on specs I was struggling with since he never tanked anything and just pulled extras.

I wish my shadow puppy as Disc had an interrupt, feelsbad.

Yeah, definitely explains how there were some people that thought these were extremely easy as healer. I have been doing them as healer and never felt that way though. Every now and then he would just explode a pack but most of the time he was worthless.

I don’t want to be that guy. But I cleared up to tier 9 with my 590 ilvl warlock this week. You might want to “git gud”

We appreciate the team’s work, but it’s Sunday. We could’ve waited. You and the devs deserve your days off.

And I’m still holding onto my keys until you guys sort this out. 32 keys now across my toons