Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

The funniest thing about this now is when he yells at you not to stand there, or get out the way, and proceeds to stand in it and die lol

3 Likes

Is this broken now? I did it up to 8 solo on my shaman healer just fine two or three days ago. I tried to do this on my higher item level Evoker healer and Brann doesn’t hold agro against anything. He barely does any damage.

The mobs hit me for 2/3rds of my health - even the tiny ones - I’m at or above the recommended item level. I lowered the difficultly to 7 then 6 and mobs are still hitting me so hard it’s crazy. Is shaman just that much better at these? I could flame shock and Brann would get a little agro and then I could go to town keeping me and Brann alive. Now Brann won’t take agro from ANYTHING and the mobs two shot me. I’ll have defensives up and all HoTs rolling running around kiting and I still can’t live. I’m interupting casts using roots, knock ups, knock backs, etc. This is crazy.

I thought this was supposed to be a solo experience? If I can’t solo it at the recommended item level what’s the point of these delves? is this group content now?

6 Likes

How much gold ‘Saul’? That entire 2g50s or so? Ha, ha. Nah I’m good.

Bring back Buff Brann and cut the chump-change cut-down-Brann-weaks-beard.

I just want to stress again;

All they needed to do, the only thing they needed to fix was the scaling that made mobs scale to a lower health pool when partied with a group. Obviously it should have been reversed, and going in with a party should have scaled the health up instead of down.

That was really all they needed to do.

Instead they’ve upped the incoming damage, turbo buffed Brann, dropped a miniboss from Tier 9 and up into Tier 8 which proceeded to chunk people, then turbo nerfed Brann while doing nothing to address the absolute insane damage currently going out, with the alleged fix for this to be “Get more gear”. All of this in untested hotfixes.

When all they had to do was just make the mobs scale to higher health pool when in parties.

Bravo.

8 Likes

So apparently Brann being able to be useful, particularly for cloth-caster-classes, or many others, was a bug (oof). Yeah. Now he no longer receives scaling bonuses that were meant for the NPCs. The ‘buff’ of 125% baseline is far below that former buff to Brann.

And apparently they somehow ‘tuned’ the originals with buff Brann in mind but then nerfed Brann (minor baseline ‘buff’ post-nerf is nothing compared to NPC-buffed Brann).

So now they somehow forgot to go back and re-(down)-scale the NPCs for the no-longer-mega-NPC-buffed-Brann for players.

Big oof all around.

5 Likes

That sucks to hear, I had some hope when I read about the changes at first but then got depressed again reading the comments. I haven’t been playing since thursday and this won’t be changing anytime soon. Those delves are a mess but I’m glad the majority of players are enjoying them.

Switched Brann to healer because all of the final bosses are way over tuned for a solo player. Thats right a SOLO player in the Delves still, and Brann stands way to close which is nice for the healing pots he drops but then he dies straight away from the boss mechanics, which then make him useless. Please fix.
Note: This player feels that things were much more fun and engaging before all the changes you recently made. Seem now the only way we will complete the Delves is after we no longer need the gear from them.
The new healing buff was hardly noticeable.
Also, I noticed that my damage seemed reduced on certain of the trash mobs. Is there a problem with armor values for particular mobs or is it just RNG dps is really bad sometimes inside the Delves?
Was this the original intent?
Also, were these Delves broken because you didn’t have enough players engaging in Mythics?
Was it because it was easier to get gear than with Mythics, so you broke them?
That is the rumor these days. Anyway, I hope you get these fixed before the gear is no longer useful. I was working out very well as a means to get geared up for raids before you started the “tuning”.
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Just as general feedback:

In underwater Delves, Brann will sometimes grab aggro on mobs that are floating out of melee range, and:

1> If they stay there, I can’t attack them. Hello… I’m a melee class. This doesn’t help.

2> If they then die at that range, I can’t loot them. This is EXTREMELY frustrating, and no amount of “they don’t really drop significant loot” makes up for it.

The feeling of “poor design” creates more frustration than can be overcome by trying to focus on how the loot isn’t important.

There’s simply no reason for mobs to be out of melee range on the Z-axis. It doesn’t create “immersion.” It only creates FRUSTRATION.

There is no other aggro dump in the game?

TBH I don’t know what vanish, redirect, feign death, etc., do in the context of delves (not yet anyway, haven’t gotten to those toons yet) but don’t be laying this all on priests.

Holmes, it’s underwater. It’s the very definition of immersion. :wink:

Still able to do t1 zekvir on my blood DK solo at 594 Ilvl. It is rough though. T2 is actually impossible and Id wager at any Ilvl this season. I don’t have the damage even with brann.

1 Like

You need to do something with Zekvirs lair in regards to tier ??. Brann dies to everything in P2.

grats. i don’t expect that these will ever be truly balanced across all classes/spec.

however, I come back to my original premise that if delves 8 and tier ? both suggest 600 ilevel, then the DPS and survivability requirements of both instances of content should be similar.

one would expect zekvir to be a bit more demanding, but not exponentially moreso.

I am now at 598. i spent most of 100k gold on sockets, gems, enchants and consumables. the encounter seemed to get more difficult rather than easier.

Players in DELVE chat stated Brann was capped at level 38 this week. Can anybody confirm?

Also, is there a place I can find this information because I don’t believe I saw it in game at all.

From what I know so far for Brann level caps:

Pre-season: Level 15
Season 1, Week 1: Level 38
Season 1, Week 2: Level ???

They should not cap Brann, we need all the help we can get, and it is just unnecessary time gating. I’m about to hit 38 so, I guess I’ll find out.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was gated in response to people abusing the bountiful delves to get him up to 60 on day 1. You were/are able to exploit it by walking in and killing/looting everything up to the boss and then walking out/back in. Infinite exp farm that way.

We have paladins claiming the same, how it’s a joke.

Are those people wrong?

Either we were all triggering this bug quite often even in melee, or his dps has tanked overall after this adjustment. I knew his dps was wild and crazy at times but I didn’t take full advantage of it cause Brann is kinda obnoxious and I don’t want to sit back and do nothing.

its tanked so much i just switched him to healer, so hes somewhat useful even if he still dies to standing in stuff

1 Like

I appreciate how the Blizzard team is making adjustments to delves, although it does seem to me that some are too extreme, too fast. For a player like myself who tries to stay on top of recent hotfixes, etc., and plays almost daily, I go into delves with a new expectation and having to adjust playstyle knowingly.

I feel bad for the players who do not stay on top of every change and feel a massive yo-yo effect each time they step foot into a delve.

At this time of writing I am able to solo T8’s no problem as long as I take it a little slower and not rush pack to pack to pack, etc. The fun part is the delves do allow for using much more of my class toolkit.

I also understand I am only 600 iLvl and doing T8 at the recommended iLvl. In another week or so that iLvL will skyrocket from M+ and we’ll see how the numbers change the difficulty level.

Regardless though, drastically adjusting Brann’s output so much has been very noticeable as I check the overall damage done upon completion. His highest value to me at the moment has been in Healer mode.

1 Like

I’d laugh so hard if people start to think Delves are too time consuming and harder compared to M+ after this coming week.