Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

My priest is gonna run out and do this, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ignored for stating facts. lmao.

Your post history is enough for me.

/ignore solidarity!

5 Likes

Yesterday I completed these delves (in EU, so delve rotation might be different): Kriegvals Rest, Waterworks, Mykomant with 4 classes

Guardian Druid on 7
Destro Warlock on 7
WW Monk on 7
Dev Evoker on 6 (tried on 7 but bosses are impossible with current gear)

all around gs585

It feels the delves are still highly unbalanced:

• Guardian only has to avoid Boss mechanics and the fire frontal from elites, otherwise the bear is almost impossible to be killed.

• Warlock is faceroll, because the Voidwalker keeps bosses and elites at distance, and the tank pet is immune to AOE and literally takes no damage.

• WW Monk has to obey the mechanics, but still can eat a loss of damage when getting auto-attacks from bosses.

• Evoker is very squishy and almost dies instanty when hit directly, while WW monk with same gear survives easily when hit into the face. The 25m range also is a problem, becaue you can’t outrange the boss with hover and take some time to cast empowered spells, because the boss closes the distance of 25m too fast.

One possible fix from Blizzard could be to make bosses slower, so that ranged casters without much armor can kite them around without getting hit.

But for sure a balancing fix for pet-less RDD classes is needed here.

2 Likes

you do realize there is a seasonal bar and achievements for delves? Not to mention toys and a lil beledar pet.

And you know not taking 35-40 minutes to complete it now, compared to the 13-18 ish minutes we were doing it before. Most of us are just tired of the rollercoaster of crappy hotfixes that they are doing. which just tells us they have no clue what they are doing with these.

These are not fun when on the end boss brann dies at the drop of a hat and then you have to do all the mechanics yourself while grinding through 60 million HP when you can’t plant and cast. Shadowpriests can’t Kite and do damage like that.

The final boss fight of the delve when at the recommended iLevel should not be 2-3 minutes if standing still and doing your rotation and 5-7 minutes while dodging and doing mechanics.

1 Like

40 delves in 5 days is what Blizzard would call “very engaged” (which in their dictionary is “that which has no life”)

Please lower AUTO ATTACK DAMAGE across the board PLEASE. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do ?? Zekvir

2 Likes

I don’t really mind running in circles for 7 minutes instant casting dots. What bothers me is having to kill 30 minutes of target dummies along the way.

Maybe Buff-Brann will help. Who knows, seems to so far, although this is just today, and who knows what will happen tomorrow.

I just did a T4 Dread Pit with DPS Brann and my 540-ish blood DK and it was pretty much fine, except that for the boss fight, I had to strafe-circle the boss at melee range 100% of the time, which seems like a pretty stupid kind of fight reserved for solo-ing raid bosses with weird mechanics. But whatever it was okay I guess, finally.

way to completely avoid the answer that was given on to why someone would do delves. :+1:

it was easily the most difficult of the Bountiful Delves today. I did the other three on my Warlock at T8 and she only has 583 ilevel ( cloaks, please stop dropping I don’t need more) but I couldn’t get the last boss of Earthcrawl mines - tried 4 times and called it. Tried different ways and with different pets - imp to remove the curse that ticks for 1 mllion dmg a tick but couldn’t get through the enormous health pool and large amounts of damage.
Brann dies, pet dies, I die - the damage was just too high and after awhile you just have no defensive cooldowns and no potion uses left
I like Delves but the difficulty levels are all over the place
Edit: and I don’t like that you can do all the mechanics and still not be able to kill the boss because of the huge health pools and so much incoming damage

• yes, she is under geared but frankly, a recommended ilevel of 600 for something that drops 603 gear is ridiculous - that is basically you need the gear from this content (some, at least) to do this content.
6 Likes

Not really, not wanting to do what is meta and play the class one wants to play does not make them a bad player. Seen most of those saying they are not a challenge at all just for them to brag how their class allows them to avoid most of the challenge. My hunter can run two tiers higher than my pally and is not nearly as geared. This is because my hunter has all three roles covered, and I am sure a Warlock can even do better. So, the choices we are to make is either struggle with the class we like to play, choose a meta class, or group up.

1 Like

100% this is about priests and their fade spell that now feels useless.

Since Brann’s contribution has been drastically reduced, so too must enemy health be reduced.

Bullet sponge enemies are just a boring slog. Are delves supposed to take 30-40 minutes, or be bite sized content? I mean I already spent 20 minutes to get a delve key, come on now.

3 Likes

Can you guys STOP messing with brann’s output?

He’s now literally useless in tier 8s. He doesn’t do any damage on 8/10 pulls. He’s often sitting at low hp now as well, forcing me to sit and eat after each pull, outside of already having to constantly wait for DPS cds to deal with his lack of output.

EVERY change you guys have made in the last 4-5 days to delves have just made the experience WORSE and WORSE. As it stands, no one from my guild will be engaging with Delves next reset onwards simply because M+ will have less friction compared to delves, which sounds to me like the point of Delves existing has been a complete failure.

4 Likes

How to I mark this Kaivax’s post as ‘Trolling’

3 Likes

Yeah that guy is tough. If he gets a curse of agony on me, I’m done. And sometimes I panic and interrupt the wrong thing. Have to pretty much time everything perfectly and I hit hero on my hunter pet and that’s the only way I got him down.

I just did the Spiral Weave a few minutes ago, and my DBM told me this time it took 34 minutes and last time it took 19 minutes, and I’m better geared this time. Brann definitely lost some dps because everything just takes longer now.

1 Like

“some” more like almost all of it lol.

1 Like

Yeah people are saying on Reddit he went from about 400-500k to about 50-150k. Can’t say for sure, but in my last delve in the last pack he was doing 17% of my DPS, when yesterday he was doing about 49% of my DPS. So pretty substantial nerf. Fun was detected.

3 Likes

If you’re not going to let him contribute significant damage or healing, can you please give us an option to have him wait at the entrance? Or fix his AI so he isn’t running around pulling packs that we’re trying to avoid? He’s a liability at this point.

4 Likes