Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

Branns damage is bad, really bad. And for whatever reason mobs have more hp then before… 28 million for a trash mob with brann dealing hardly any damage is just time consuming, and not challenging.

All mobs with 20m+ hp including bosses need a massive hp sponge nerf, or Brann needs to deal significantly more damage.

2 Likes

They are definitely harder, less rewarding and more time consuming that M+ :smiley:

8 Likes

Well, he was doing a lot more damage – than a day ago – at L16 when I was with him a few hours ago on my ~540 blood DK.

1 Like

please quit testing on live lol

2 Likes

At lower tiers its fine, where its noticable is where you climb higher. mobs has too much health for his contribution to even matter from a DPS stand point.

1 Like

Oh hey look something was wrong, and it just wasn’t people needing to “get gud” like many of the lovely players were saying here.

2 Likes

The good thing this likely does is normalize the damage now if there are no more damage boosting bugs. This way everyone can give feedback on actual unbugged numbers. Some of us probably had no idea we had a bugged Brann to begin with.

Ya’ll need class balance testing. I cleared these to t8 on a 574 mage zero stress. Bran tanked the whole time.

My disc priest is 580 and one heal pulls aggro! How’s a healer suppose to do these? Specially with no interrupt other than fear? Half these mobs are casters and by the time I rush in to fear I’m dead…

Tried mc. The mobs are not behaving like normal pets they do whatever they want. I had one run around and grab the whole room. Felt like i was back in toxic heroics…

How is it okay to shaft one class in every possible endgame activity? Balance this for is atleast.

4 Likes

I’m playing feral druid at 596 ilevel, and this is the experience I’m having in delves rn.

I think a core issue with Delves right now is the vision Blizzard had for them wasn’t communicated very well. By that I mean, it was advertised as casual content, then higher tiers were released, we ran them a few times and realized “Oh, yes this is casual content. Not a cake walk, but doable.” (Not counting the broken scaling for a two man group, that was clearly a problem).

But then Blizzard walked it back to make them more difficult, and now we feel cheated. I think that’s the crux of the issue; we were able to do this just fine and now suddenly it’s a different ball game. Adjusting to that with little clarity on what the delves are SUPPOSED to feel like is probably why it’s so aggravating right now.

That said…There are a few concerns.

I have cleared two T8 bountiful delves in the midst of the madness as a feral druid with 596 ilevel. These are the issues I am running into.

Mobs hitting as hard as they are is manageable with CC, which feels weird as kitty, but it works. At least, it works so long as Brann doesn’t break it. 1-2 mobs hitting me with melee swings for 800k-1m is rough, but 3 mobs swinging at me for that much is almost not possible if Brann breaks my CC lol not to mention my Brann has never tanked anything. Someone in general chat said to have my healer Brann tank…he produces no threat in my world, healer or DPS😂

Melee damage from non trash is challenging to mitigate, but not impossible. What is seemingly impossible are the spam cast abilities. The way my cat is set up, I have two or three ways to cancel a spell cast. Interrupting a web bolt buys me three seconds of not getting hit for 1m. But as soon as the 3 second spell school interrupt wears off, they are casting it again. Stun them, they’ll cast it as soon as it wears off. Knockback, casting as soon as they land. Eventually, I don’t have anymore tools to prevent the damage taken. Coupled with Brann breaking CCs and letting something wander back in LOS of me (which I am utilizing the crap out of LOS), is wretched. (granted, there was a Zekvir empowered mob that stayed stunned for like 10 seconds with a 3 combo points Maim. Loved that mechanic!)

At the end of that, the last boss of the delve is usually going to kill me in 3-4 hits. In all honesty, it took a moment to realize Brann’s healing potions were worth anything now, but they are a huge reason I can survive the bosses in delves. With all of my heals and defensives on cool down, I have to kite and pray that Brann reliably drops a healing potion to get through it.

The Puppetmaster boss was not so bad overall, but his melee swings are almost 900k each time. His Swarming channel is unavoidable, and nearly ended the attempt every single time he channeled it. I was able to get through it after a few attempts and swapping some talents around, but I really only got through because of Brann potion RNG lol I had NOTHING left to defend myself against the channel, and a single option saved my biscuits :sob:

I think being wary of trash melee damage, spell casts, etc. is fun. Carefully managing the pulls was a nice change of pace. The amount of health some of the mobs had was a little wild with 450-550k DPS by myself, but it was…uh. painfully doable. But I think the melee damage on bosses could come down a bit for melee DPS classes, (at least feral druid). Maybe lower trash health 5%? And make interrupts more meaningful.

Right now most of the damage taken in a delve is melee damage. Unavoidable, with limited survivability. Granted, kitty’s free Regrowth is enough to keep myself up if I manage my combo points well, but if I’m kiting something, all I have to generate points is Moonfire, and then I still have to land a melee finisher and pray they don’t grease me when I get in melee range :joy:

Interrupting is not meaningful in anyway. And I mean through Skul Bash/Maim/Typhoon. The mob will come back and cast the ability the moment those interrupt/stuns/knockbacks wear off. In dungeons and raids, if you interrupt something, it goes on a longer timer which I imagine is part of the fight AI or the cool down, IDK. I wish we had something like that here in delves. Then if I got hit by a spell or forgot to interrupt an enrage, I would know good and well it’s my fault and I deserved it :joy:

All in all, they are doable, but punishing and slow.
Almost in an enjoyable state. Just a lil more tuning and I think we’re in a good place.
A concern is that with the aforementioned issues, I know there are older players in my guild who were looking forward to doing delves as an alternative to avoid raiding or mythic keys (as they aren’t exactly older player friendly), I could not see any of them having fun in delves in the current state. They feel very mage tower-y, which is fine for me, but very casual players will really struggle. Again, that probably has more to do with the developer’s vision for delves than my distorted expectations as a player.

3 Likes

Kaivax we need fast nerf of hyperspawn “Dreadstrike Ambusher”. Many Exploiters abuse of that.

With this fix…. Feels like you broke Xekvir. Before fix myself and a priest got ? Zekvir down to 12% and able to kill the eggs (important distinction!). Left to do real life. Returned after your “fix” and now Bran is always standing in fears and frontals and just dead on the floor. Bran also Does NOT swap to egg like players do and the egg health changes and requires 1 million dps a second!!! Which was NOT the case just hours earlier.

REPEAT change in egg health makes then now unkillable!

Fix health of eggs back! Fix Bran.

This is unkillable. We cleared all +8 delves with zero deaths. Why is there such a hard jump?? I would expect a +8 delve damage from zekvir

Fix Bran to

1 Like

These yo-yo day after day random changes support the conclusion many of us have that this expansion was not at all ready.

This kind of garbage dev process (hey, let’s make more changes to production without testing because why not) with such a lack of quality would get dev leadership fired at most companies.

4 Likes

I’m wondering who got the benefit of this bug. In the higher tier (8 - not doing anything higher atm) Brann seems squishier. He also has moments where it is like he’s pulled a vanish and dumped all threat forcing a flight scenario.

2 Likes

It was not.

3 Likes

Delves feel horrible.

Depending on the class/spec is if you can even complete an 8. Not to mention why do they at base drop such low gear that requires you to vastly out level them?!?!? Makes no sense to recommend 600 ilev and they drop 545?!?!?

So, you go and complete a weekly and get a bountiful and hope that you can finish this with mage tower difficulty. Most dps can’t survive, brann healing is a drop in the bucket compared to the fact that a melee hit nearly kills you. So, I go healer (and tank since brann is back to having no threat, which I can’t even do on priest since even fade doesn’t work) his DMG is Subpar and barely more than my acid rain and I just have to spam heal on myself. So this solo mini dungeon takes 30min to complete and the boss has to be kited, flasked, both health/mana potted, every CD/racial in my kit used and not a drop of mana to spare since brann likes to sit in the fire. For a back… The third one in a row from delves. Yay. Feels great. (Sarcasm)

Difficult content that requires you to think is great; but, that’s not how this was advertised. You lock other ways to get gear to force us to run delves, and then when we do you buff them constantly so that we can’t?!?

They feel horrible. I am straight not having fun when in some I’m literally hiding behind a wall and only pop out to throw an instant heal on brann since mobs only cast at me and two casts is my death. And some mobs of you windshear they just instantly start recasting with no pause in-between. Not to mention most are in small groups, and more than 2 is a swift death.

I don’t understand why ‘solo’ content requires you to have a group full of interrupts.

You give us brann to help; but, then you get mad when he helps?!?!? At this point can you tune mobs down and just take him away?

In case I didn’t mention it. Delves feel HORRIBLE.

6 Likes

He is still bugged and delves are still overturned

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying the delves. I play warlock, dh and Hunter mostly and I have so far been able to solo a delve up to 7 with all of them. For some reason, my warlock has been the easiest. May not be as easy with this hotfix but I keep brann as a healer usually anyway.

Just wanted to say that I really like the delves and think they are an excellent new feature to the game. I don’t believe you guys intended for them to be a faceroll and I appreciate that as well.

I think my favorite part of doing the delves solo is that it forces me to play my WHOLE class. I found myself seriously inspecting my spec, making sure that I’ve set myself up to be a little bit more defensive. Learning more about different talent builds. I’ve been able to utilize spells that just do a dungeons, raids or world content normally ever got used. I think my demon hunter had forgotten that even knew how to imprison anything. It’s fun to fear something again as a warlock outside of a PVP scenario. I feel like these delves are going to make me a better player.

1 Like

With a company as vast and experienced as Blizzard and a game that costs as much as WoW does (plus subscription), it boggles the mind how you have such a core system of the new content you advertised as a focal point be this poorly thought out. The constant attempts to “fix” things while failing and making it worse for most situations just shows the lack of execution imo. How is there not a system in place to automatically adjust Brann based on the specialization or class of the player(s) loading into any delve? It’s such a straightforward and well understood situation, is it not? If it’s a healer… Brann should be tankier and gain higher agro, DPS… Brann heals more if set to healer, etc etc.

I just don’t get it… blanket adjustments that hurt the experience for the vast majority of players? Why?

5 Likes

Yeah this is so true. The constant spam casting is a bit extreme and even the boss at the end of Earthcrawl Mines will cast Curse of Agony, okay interrupt, then bam casts Runic Shackles… and that’s on top of web bolt casts going out.

This is one thing that could use an adjustment in casting frequency.

4 Likes

I don’t think they don’t know what they want from them and probably have some internal conflict about where to set the difficulty, time, gating, and rewards.

I also imagine many of the more senior developers and higher-ups are focused on any last-minute fixes and tuning for mythic raiding and RWF opening next week.

I guarantee when mythic opens next week, they won’t be doing these kind of yo-yo hotfixes every day to the raid.

Which just shows that while their marketing may promote this is a new end-game pillar, it certainly isn’t being treated as one as of yet.

4 Likes