Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

Not too worried about his healing as it’s been very strong. Only thing keeping me alive against the bosses. But then again they’re designed for Bran’s healing to be that necessary with how much damage they dish out.

Yeah, I’m not getting that damage. Maybe it’s delve to delve. He spent more time unconscious against the Earthen Boss than attacking. Luckily I can revive him without issue when she pulls the carts.

Strange mine very rarely goes unconscious but I also do the “pillar strat” with caster adds and get threat but just hide pop out hide pop out on the pillars to get them to stop casting.

Yeah him not doing extra damage, I’m not sure.

TDLR bad design, must trick players so they don’t unsub.

I think its pretty clear what happened was that the new hires who haven’t been playing wow since 2005 and didn’t study skinner box psychology messed up the design of delve rewards vs. difficulty because they used an open world designer to do delves instead of pulling someone from M+ and raid team.

Then someone from the M+ raid team saw what the delve guys were doing and realized that the delve guy made a huge mistake handing out 603/610 like candy on Halloween so skinner box management ordered the delve guys to stop giving out candy.

Blizzard they can’t admit to the player base "hey we messed up and gave out gear too fast/easily, we need you to keep subscribing so it should at least take you eight months of subscription to fully gear out your casual in 603/610 so we have to make it so that you can only progress up a delve tier every month so you guys should be progressing to tier 8 around May 2025 so we get 8 months of that subscription money

you were supposed to go up in item level 3 ilvl per week, not go from world quest gear to 603/610.

so instead they call it a bug and exploit and fix the fun to stretch out your subscription

5 Likes

OH I forgot to ask, those eggs that bran sticks out do you hit those?

They will show up diff on damage meters. It does more than bran does.

I appreciate the bug fixing, but truth be told, Brann feels incredibly weak now, despite the 125% damage buff.

I feel like there’s something you (devs) are afraid of telling us. Can you just straight out clarify if you want us to complete T8+ delves with a lower ilvl or not? Cause if not, you can just tell us, that we are not supposed to clear challenging delves with lower ilvl. But just tell us, no need to mask it behind “hotfixes” and stuff.

In fact, I suggest you to disable upper tier delves until we reach the desired ilvl, just like heroic dungeons. But please consider reverting Brann’s damage to what it was before.

I did Tier 8s all week with my 6 or 7 keys, and just logged in to test this out, and am struggling to finish Earthcrawl Mines. Bran won’t keep aggro on anything, he’s died several times during the multiple wave fight after the first tunnel, and is doing much less damage.

Can you guys get people who actually play the game to tune these things? Because I feel like you’re asking ChatGPT to do your homework for you. This was supposed to be one of the main new things of this expansion and right now it’s hot trash.

8 Likes

T8 has a 600 ilvl recommendation for a reason. Game allows you to zone in, it’s up to you to make the best of it.

Heroic dungeons also aren’t disabled. They’re not allowing you to use the LFG but you can zone in just fine.

Solo delves are certainly tougher now than a week ago. Last week, I was able to handle a T7 delve on my lock. Today, I took a two shot on a T6. Brann seems to trade aggro with my void walker, which is actually a good thing, but the damage is pretty intense. Going to try a T5 tomorrow and see how it goes.

Just to be clear, I’m fine with delves being tough, I expect it actually, but the rewards should reflect the difficulty and a 584 drop for a T6 right now seems low.

1 Like

I did notice a big improvement in “DPS Brann” and he is actually worthwhile and even nice to have around, at least in T4-5 low-mid geared world.

Healer Brann, not sure yet.

Sure, but I was still doing fine with 570 ilvl characters. Mind you, “doing fine” isn’t “chill out and clear everything fast without worrying”, doing fine doesn’t mean “easy”, it means being mindful of not pulling entire packs, having to CC or even mind control Web bolt casters (that was super fun lol), and even losing aggro or straight out going invisible and restart the fight. That felt challenging, and thus the 600 ilvl piece felt rewarding. It felt like the Vanilla WoW.

Okay, well if they don’t want us to make the best of challenging delves and clear them with a lower ilvl they can just disable their access until we reach what they think is the appropriate ilvl… But “hotfixing” delves 3 or 4 times in one week, making the experience increasingly worse, is not the way imo.

2 Likes

No, the game has always been you can zone in, but completion of content is not guaranteed.

The game doesn’t wall you off (except for PVP now, for competitive purposes.)

Cool, things can change though. I would prefer the gaming walling me off, but guaranteeing a fun experience than the other way around.

That sounds horrible.

Good players make do with less than the recommended gear.

And who’s to say even at 600 ilvl that people will have a good time? Maybe they get hit by everything and decide to complain.

uh oh, fun detected!

Yes, that’s what I’m saying… This has been my experience with delves so far, but devs keep buffing them and nerfing Brann (3-4 times in ONE week) so that good players CAN’T do anything at all with less than the recommended gear.

1 Like

Pretty sure people are still getting by with less than recommended gear. Maybe not to the drastic extent of 420 ilvl and delve content.

(Or maybe it was 520)

According to the vast majority of comments posted here in the last hours, no.

This was never a thing lol

Vast majority of players are bad.

Well then i hope they fix that.

Oh, sorry, I thought this was a serious debate. Off to ignore.

7 Likes