Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes

Now he is just dead all the time at 8s and higher.

2 Likes

Until something is done about casters popping for 1 mil for classes that dont have interrupt or have one on long CD its not helping.

The guy takes a break if you back out and doesnt start attacking until I’m standing on the bean bag of the npc im trying to kill either.

(pause for hollow laughter for the guys saying it’s skill)

2 Likes

Zek’vir level 2 is literally impossible lmao this is a failure

2 Likes

Brann still seems pretty buggy. Doing delves on my healer (me playing as the healer, sorry just clarifying), Brann (dps) is doing well north of half my damage (close to 70-80% of it most of the time). What I’ve noticed today is that mobs will typically ignore him, and lock on to me like I’ve taunted them. I can basically body pull, and maybe drop consecrate or jadefire stomp to establish a tag, and they are glued to me. Brann doing several hundred thousand damage yet somehow I have aggro. Seems really off. It doesn’t always happen either and will change pull to pull in the delve.

Experimenting left me with no idea why he gets buggy, and it’s worse in some delves. Delves where it’s bad included Sinkhole, Earthcrawl, and Spiral Weave. This was as healer on both monk / paladin. Strangely, earthcrawl worked okay once on the monk but that was after abandoning the first run where things just made a beeline for me ignoring Brann after I body pulled.

Brann’s other issue for me today was that sometimes he stops using all or some of his kit and will either just autoattack with the occasional rapid fire, or do literally nothing. Again, this was with me as healer and brann as damage.

If we’re not meant to use Brann as a tank, that’s a bit of an issue with mobs hitting for 1.5-1.9 million on rapid spells. As an example, I was hit for 4 million combined damage from one single pack (2 spells, 1 melee hit for nearly 600k) in around one gcd on a t8 as my monk. This was after interrupting, stunning, and doing other things to prevent death. Eventually I just run out of ways of cheesing that and this was during an attempt where Brann’s damage seemed to bug out so the packs took extra long before I abandoned the run. We’ll need quite a bit more health to make situations like that not just instant death with little to no ways of responding.

2 Likes
1 Like

You can space out Brann’s potions to have permanent uptime on them. They have no stack limit. 6-stack is 1.1 million health per 3s. As long as you stay in combat (using critters along the way, or just chain pulling) you can get up to 20-30 stacks and be healing for close to 10 million per 3s, making you essentially invincible.

A lot of people having issues are just treating Delves like the Visions in 8.3, but you have to actually use the tools available to clear them.

Whoops. I meant that I was playing as healer, and brann as dps. I should have clarified that.

1 Like

I previously cleared 50+ solo tier 8 delves this week across 5 different classes. It was only possible with Brann “tanking” which was unusual but I was fine with it. With changes now it’s no longer possible to finish any delve.

I’m sick of this utter bullcrap of “we found a bug and fixed it.” You’ve made multiple, MASSIVE changes wildly swinging balance back and forth on a system that clearly was nowhere near ready.

9 Likes

But my class and spec has an easy time with it, so you must just be bad.

That’s about all these threads are now. People with legitimate experience for their class and spec being told they just need to be better.

Warriors are a freakin joke in delves right now, but that doesn’t mean I can’t see other classes /specs are having a different experience.

It sucks, man. I hope they change it.

4 Likes

Whatever they did they made it worse. now impossible to solo end boss and some trash.

THE ISSUE IS EVERY CLASS IS DIFFRENT AND ITS UNFAIR FOR SOME CLASSES AND OTHER CAN JUST CAKEWALK IT.
ADD IN A GOD DAMN TANK SPEC TO BRANN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Im so done with delves . I cant wait for when keys unlock and i hate running keys.
If i don’t have to hear brann again ever in this game its worth it

1 Like

My Brann tanks just fine. When he is healer, he snaps aggro as long as I focus down one target at a time (which you should be doing in Delves, AoE is objectively wrong). His Devilsaurs also will pull aggro if neither you nor Brann have damaged the mob as their AoE Terror causes threat.

Anyone who is having difficulty, regardless of class, is just not using Brann correctly. Does his DPS spec need a buff? Probably. But Brann right now is very strong as healer when you can chain stack Potions to the point of healing 10 million hps while also tanking for you due to that sheer amount of heal threat.

If this was the case people would easily be doing Zekvir ?? without issue. Clearly there’s something that you claim- which isn’t actually the case in Delves.

1 Like

Brann instead should not tank, and should never get aggro.

Just doing your dps rotation while not needing to pay attention to mechanics is not skillful.

1 Like

Many people are easily doing it. There are others having difficulty because they expected higher Delves to be faceroll like Horrific Visions instead of punishing like Mage Tower.

People don’t utilize tools available to them.

And the few I guess got to ignore everything because Brann tanked stuff and they never took damage as a result.

This is what’s known as a “works on my machine” statement. It provides zero useful information and is the technical equivalent of a drunk guy shouting “rock and roll!” during a lull in the conversation.

8 Likes

I gave the exact reason why he is tanking for me fine. I guess reading beyond the first five words was a difficult ask of this forum.

Yeah that’s cool and all and I’m really happy for you or sad that it happened to you, whichever applies in this situation.
Brann doesn’t work the same way for other specs as he does for you, as has been repeatedly stated in this thread. “But Blizzard just said they fixed it,” I hear you exclaim. Blizzard allegedly fixed an anomalous condition, but did not change the core interaction between Brann and every spec.

2 Likes

This ain’t it chief. I just tested this, and unless you had perfect RNG so that potions don’t overlap, you cannot permanently have uptime on that buff reliably for an encounter, let alone an entire delve. Most of the potions tosses have two extremely close to one another. I was able to get up to 10 stacks to kill an elite, but it was dodgy with some points having only one second of the buff, and him tossing the next batch of potions onto me.

Is it possible? Sure. Hypothetically. But it’s not reliable or a feasible statement to say to others as a “Hey, just do this.” The buff lasts 11 (12, but you immediately lose that second) seconds, and he was tossing batches anywhere from 1, to 4 seconds remaining with the buff.

3 Likes