Brann Bugfix and Buff — September 15

Not at all. A very few unskilled players are having problems. It should not impact the rest of the playerbase and water down the challenge.

Brann is stuck at a lower level than 38 for me also. It seems as though it may be that Brann is only getting experience for a set number of delves done during the week. After you hit that max # of delves, he stops getting experience. Which really stinks if you start the week doing lower level delves.

1 Like

I think he only gets exp from bountiful delves from a specific level

Now brann not only does less damage but also stands on all the things he wants you to move out of! so he doesnt die mid fight…

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

I had to LoH and throw him eternal flame through the fight on my HEALING brann this is wild…

there are plenty of issues right now but it feels weird to see people complaining Brann can’t hold threat. he wasn’t intended to. he’s not meant to be a tank.

I think he only gets exp from bountiful delves from a specific level

Understood, I have only done bountiful delves this week. I started the week doing level 5 delves and he was getting experience. At some point he just stopped levelling, and he stopped at a much lower level than others who did higher level delves. Brann also started at level 15 at the beginning of the week like it did for others.

So it seems as though it’s a # of delves for getting exp and not a maximum level for the week.

It’s possible they made the scaling especially punishing if you’re below the recommended item level now.

I think making his damage based on your item level is a mistake and also goes against the original design intent of having him warband wide. He should be able to carry your alts much higher than they could normally go if he’s max level with epic relics (which they need to solve the problem of getting stuck on 1/4 on relics also).

Maybe his damage should be based on the highest ilvl you’ve achieved on any character in your warband instead?

Okay, I just did a T8 delve this evening with a guild mate and something is definitely off. Trash damage was off the scale, completely ridiculous at times. When we got to the boss we weren’t sure we would be able to do it. And then we fought and though it did have a lot of health, it did way less damage than the trash. So yeah, something is off, I shouldn’t be getting closer to dying when fighting trash one mob at a time than when fighting the damned boss.

Maybe y’all could just do away with Brann and replace him with the healer or one of the non-hunter DPS from the follower dungeons depending on which role we select?

edit: I guess he could still be Brann if you want to keep the silly dorfish accent. Just make the logic work like you already had working.

The theme seems to revolve around Indiana Brann though, not sure how they would work it out lol

The current damage output of enemies says otherwise.

1 Like

Yeah, if they wanted people to face tank them, they should hit for far less than they do.

1 Like

Just did The Dread Pit as a Bountiful 8. Was able to have Brann off-tank adds I was not individually DPS’ing down. His healing would draw aggro from me and he would kite them while I killed the 1-2 other adds. Helped a lot. Granted I am a Hunter so I know my experience isn’t going to be shared by others here but that is my experience so far. Heck, the Devilsaurs have tanked for me a few times as well. Specifically the part where all the Cursed Skardyn attack when you open the webbed things.

I will say that Misdirect still seems to have issues. I use it on my pet exclusively but when I AoE, it is not transferring that threat to my pet. I tend to have to use Intimidate on a secondary target to snap threat when necessary.

1 Like

Good point, I forget you can just reset the delve at any point if things are going badly.

They dont hit hard now, try tank spec or something. Sheesh.

He was mining while 4 mobs were beating on me lmao. Then he runs off pulling the next pack so you can’t eat.

2 Likes

“Found a bit’ o gold!” is more important. He knew you had the situation under control.

0/10.

I have no issues. I have Immortal Delver and Nemesis.

I understand other classes and specs exist outside of my own.

1 Like

Thats the thing no class/spec has much difficulty with them if they are actually playing. It is 100% player skill/focus at this point.

You just show up in every thread as a crap-disturber, don’t you?

There’s loads of people confirming that other classes and specs have a much different experience.

4 Likes