Boycotting Classic Until 24hr Instance Cap Is Removed

This kind of thinking is one of the reasons Blizzard continues to ruin retail WoW. Blizzard needs to stop taking away peoples freedom to play the game how they want. If someone wants to mindlessly grind something until they finally achieve their goal they should be able to.

Blizzard getting involved and making changes like this is what leads to things like time-gated reputations that you can no longer grind on your own schedule, instead you get stuck doing 5 dailies per day for 2 months in order to get exalted.

2 Likes

I’m not deciding anything. I’m just a player. I’m suggesting that Blizzard may be steering these people toward playing the game more as designed, because they think those people will enjoy the game more if they do so.

And before you answer that you should have the right to play the game however you want, no, you don’t. We are sheep. Rats in Blizzard’s maze. Developers place boundaries within every game in order to steer players toward playing games in the manner they deem best. You’re just a rat complaining that your maze has walls. Well, duh.

Then maybe don’t waste your 30 daily clears on dungeons intended for characters 30 levels below you?

Point is, if you were running dungeons appropriate for your level, instead of these baby dungeons, the cap likely wouldn’t be a problem, because endgame dungeons take longer because you are killing mobs more your level.

The only exceptions I can think of are BRD arena runs and DME jump runs. And as I’ve said before, SGC was intended to be a rare item, something a few lucky individuals on each server could be proud of, not spam-farmed by everyone. And the RTV’s in DME were intended to be a little bonus for miners at the end of the run, not something to be skipped to and spammed for hours on end.

2 Likes

As soon as people stop complaining about stupid boundaries/changes is when you end up with things like BFA–an expansion that isn’t even worth logging into.

Your boycott will do nothing unless you and a large amount of the players actually unsubscribe from the game.

or you could, you know, play a class that is good? Or spec into resto?

So what you’re telling Blizzard is that they have managed to get you to Go Back To Retail?

Mission success.

3 Likes

And others would argue that Blizzard giving in to to the complainers is exactly what led to the abomination that is BFA. They should have stuck with their original core design and vision for the game.

2 Likes

You won’t be missed. Don’t let the door hit ya. Secondly, you know playing retail and staying subbed they still get your money right?

Lol.

1 Like

I love how almost all these people against the change are outting themselves as retail players as well. It really shows you the people that have classics best interest at heart support this change while the retail babbies and botters all flip the f*k out.

1 Like

This doesn’t impact my ability to farm MCPs.

Go away, you don’t speak for me.

Blizzard has countless times said said they Value Time Played metrics over subscriber numbers.

You’re still giving them your money and playing WoW. Doesn’t matter what you do, until you speak with your wallet they don’t give a crap.

Well thanks to the recent update I guess I will be going back to WoW Classic where Raid instances are separate.

Though I do think 30 instances a day is to low, either more instances a day or a Weekly allowance would be better.

Not that your little protest would be noticed either way, but if you’re still subscribing then they definitely aren’t going to care. Maybe itll make you feel important though? So I guess theres that

I 100% guarantee you that is complete nonsense. Let me explain to you how businesses work: they care about money. Your subscription is truly all they care about because… that generates revenue. If anything, you playing more just means your subscription costs them more to maintain because of increased support/infrastructure costs. But… if it makes you feel special go for it I guess??

1 Like

You literally couldnt but thanks for playing

Sweet, I have been boycotting retail completely until they stop retail!

#Gottem

Me too! Now that there’s two of us retail is going to end in a couple of weeks.

Well if you guys check my last post, Im content with 40 man raids being excluded from the instance cap and will be going back to Classic.

However I feel the cap should be 210 a week that resets on maintenance day.

My only real play time is Saturdays and Sundays where I play 14 hours on both days.

I will almost certainly be hitting the daily cap tomorrow within around 6 hours.

However if this was a weekly cap I would have no fear of hitting the cap since at most on Mondays through Fridays I play not even an hour each day.