Botting in Classic WoW has evolved

The bots were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies.

And they have a plan.

2 Likes

At least for what I can say is going on for the server Kromcrush. Every time I ride past the Bulwark into WPL, there are a ton of bots farming Ironweb Spider Silk, and theyā€™re really obvious about it, thereā€™s even this one guy who has an entire guild and his twitch handle is in the guild name. Are you guys understaffed when it comes to GMā€™s? If so, Iā€™m looking for a job, please let me know.

2 Likes

They fired all their GMs, bud.

They only use automated systems to deal with customer service now.

5 Likes

:frowning: hey you miss 100% of the shots you donā€™t take

2 Likes

First moments watching this video
ā€œOh this doesnā€™t seem that bad-ā€
Bot immediately starts ascending to heaven
ā€œYep, ok coolā€ Proceeds to slam head on keyboard multiple times

8 Likes

Soon it will all be bots trading with bots, and bots farming for bots, servers without any real players.

2 Likes

Iā€™m either getting super trolled in this thread or there was a chinese farming group that hijacked it in the middle trying to get their botting competition banned.

6 Likes

This is my biggest issues with bots, if bots were slower versions that farmed at 1/100th the speed of the average player. I might look past it as it might not be SO prevalent.

This bot is legit doing something .1% of the wow population can do, and charging for it on top of that.

2 Likes

Region lock. No VPNā€™s. Problem solved!

4 Likes

This video will not fall with out address!

3 Likes

Here to bump / show support for the removal of bot exploitation. Cā€™mon Bli zz get on it!!

2 Likes

Blizz would ban the bots, but then they would have to do that, and it would be a whole thing, soā€¦

Why does everyone keep blaming Blizzard? Arenā€™t the people who are running the show all Activision employees?

Anyways, the only thing Activision might do as a result of this thread is delete it and suspend the OP for outing a specific individual. That is the era of gaming we are in.

3 Likes

OMG, fly hacking bots, Blizzard you gotta deal with this, please!

I just slew a multi boxing bot, yes I know the difference between multi boxing and botting, but bots can multi box too. ~3000 honor, thanks, but they need to ban the bots and hackers Permanently.

Blizzard sold us on this modern retail game engine and client because it was suppose to be hack proof, and that they had better anti cheating software to band these kinds of things, but so far I dont see it happening, no bans for the bots I find in the world, no bans for the fly hacking bots in the video.

Meanwhile on the private server you could in the past when they were up report this kind of thing to a GM in game and he would see what was happening and permanently ban this sort of a player just like Blizzard would have done in Vanilla.

Come one Blizzard, ban these cheaters, they need to be perma banned!

4 Likes

With the kind of bots they have now that would make zero difference, the bots will hit 70 before you do.

Paying customers in Blizzards eyes so working as intended.

Blizzard hasnt given a crap about botters for nearly a decade it took them 4 years to get rid of boomie bots on isle of thunder and i still dont know if they got rid of them or they just found a better spot to farm.

When Blizzard say anything like we care or lessons learned blah blah blah, integrity of the game , spirit of fair play i lmao, they are so full of crap.

How are you in ZG with him?

Was a gold paid boost, that part is legal even if annoying to us all.

The gold is then sold for RL money by the botter.

Iā€™m still not seeing the botter part? Canā€™t any mage do that?

Yes, but bots duplicate the same path exactly on every single pull, that part once you know what to look for is really easy to spot. They also donā€™t mouse turn, the scrips that run them keyboard turn because for the bot its an easier program to script. Watch the first 5 min again you can see what I am talking about.