Both MW hero talent trees still have FW only talents on them that are worthless to casters

How isn’t sooming being a full caster? That’s mw full caster mode as far as I’m concerned :man_shrugging:t2:

Well in general it’s kind of like when I play my shaman. I pop riptides. Totems. And healing rain. And then I fire off lava bursts, chain lightning and lightning bolts from where I stand.

Really the same thing with mistweaver. You pop renewing mists and then you stand in melee and punch and kick instead of casting.

If things get rough you roll out of range and vilify. Soom when you really need to pump healing. Then you go back to it.

With this philosophy you can take some fistweaving talents becuase you have only one long term hot.

Edit: that’s not to say I don’t wish we had some kind of fun procs for crackling jade lightning.
Windwalker got a cool talent … hopeful! Lol

2 Likes

Then you should be defending me, I would love to play a different style of melee healer than ancient teachings. Fistweaving has had multiple iterations that could be brought back when there’s room in the tree for it :slight_smile:

Even if you’re MW and not FW you can still go melee for damage. Doesn’t the game even identify you as melee for mechanics?

3 Likes

This is true. Hence you can avoid a lot of normal healing mechanics. By design blizzard wants us close to the action. Doesn’t mean we are healing solely through punching but we’re expected to be close to the action.

I don’t think it was ever exactly stated in game ( or anywhere really ) but iirc we get targeted by melee mechanics and healer mechanics. So depending on the boss/mechanics you risk dropping melee mechanics in the ranged group if you sit with ranged as MW. It’s not often and depends on the mechanic/boss but It worked like that in Legion and DF - so I assume it still works like that in TWW.

WoWhead only states this "Melee-focused. Certain mechanics will never target you, giving you higher uptime than others. "

QE states this: “Mistweaver Monk is considered a melee specialization by the game’s targeted mechanics in PvE content. Furthermore, our kit largely focuses on melee abilities for DPS and talents that synergistically amplify our healing and damage”

I wholeheartedly think they need to add a blurb somewhere in game that states this.

1 Like

Yeah this just seems the design choice. I understand if folks don’t like it but if you want to pure caster heal just go play hpriest

The bigger problem is dropping RANGED mechanics on the MELEE group, since the surface for ranged is greater and easier to spread.

The design was functional not declarative.

You wouldn’t realistically be able to punch at all if you were coded as ranged. Whereas a melee in the caster group? Nobody cares.

Besides, does this false dichotomy even get applied much anymore? Even hunters can point blank shot…

Ah nice another know it all peak brainwashed enjoyer. Wanna hear a cool story? I didn’t run double dps trinkets cause i ddnt have them. Nor tome cause i also ddnt have it. Also ddnt have vakash/ dps ring

Zen pulse is 5-7% for everyone not just this build.

In TWW i said it gets better gameplay wise, you now longer have that degenerate zen pulse playstyle and you can also access talents you couldn’t before. Anyway haters gonna always hate

It’s a situational and very rare occurrence is my guess, slightly more so in raids I imagine. To be fair I haven’t noticed it ever being a problem myself, I am always just in melee on my MW for other obvious reasons/benefits. Ive never had the motivation to sit in ranged and test it either and I usually stop at aotc so I cant really speak for any mythic mechanics.

Guides from better players than I had always mentioned it as a fact for Hpaladins and mistweavers since I started Monk healing in Legion so I assumed it was correct and never wanted to take that chance to begin with. I think it’s very unhelpful they never list exact mechanics/bosses though where it apples on any MW guide ( I havent checked the paladin guides but I assume it’s the same ). The quotes above were from a year ish ago from each site. Which is why Id like for Blizzard themselves to add in game some kind of literal description on how it works and with what.

It’s funny going from MW to another healer though. You notice all the things you DONT get targeted by and realize how good it is on MW sometimes. My first sark heroic attempt on my R sham I dropped bad right in the middle because I was so used to my MW and standing in melee xD

1 Like

Im just confused on how you plan on using 50% of your kit. Play MW as ranged is akin to playing a fury warrior ranged imo

1 Like

dont be confused my man . would be easier for your confused mind to not think of ranged when you hear caster. a caster can cast in melee

3 Likes

I’d rather FW style in PVE too, but I’m mainly talking about PVP when it comes to wanting to play caster. FW is just a very toxic PVP playstyle for the MW, their team mates and their enemies. No sane person wants to play with or against a FW in PVP.

4 Likes

Good. I’m going to need those talents for my melee class.

1 Like

I do. It’s fun as, with and against.

1 Like

Wrong opinion

Yummy :yum:yummy

Strength of The Black OX requires cast weaving to spend the Proc. I wish it would activate from rising sun kick.

1 Like

Throwing 1 reduced cast of the ability at the top of pur class tree isn’t ‘castweaving’…

1 Like

Not to mention the other effects it has. Its secondary trigger comes from Tiger Palm, Wowhead lists as 4ppm (which is huge), includes a Xuen strike that damages and heals, and Ox provides a 3% shield on virtually everyone? From one button press?

You can ignore the procs most of the time, and let RiM do the rest.

Complaining about a cast time on Enveloping Mists, though sarcastically because of people upset they might have to melee in a SooM archetype, is absurd. It’s been around much longer than Ancient Teachings…

These forums really need to bring back the downvote to save space (right after btag posts).

1 Like