Both MW hero talent trees still have FW only talents on them that are worthless to casters

Master of Harmony has Overwhelming Force, Balanced Stratagem, and Way of a Thousand Strikes.

Conduit of the Celestials has August Dynasty and special shout out to Strength of the Black Ox that reduces our INSTANT CAST Enveloping Mist’s cast time by 50%, making it the most worthless proc in the game.

5 Likes

Another reason they really should just make another healing spec for Monk at this point.

5 Likes

sounds like a womp womp!

3 Likes

sounds like a womp womp!

4 Likes

Hilariously bad, but par for the course with Monks going into new xpacs. This is why I don’t pre-order. Ever.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Well, it’s not only applying that.
It’s stated that after Xuen appeared, this proc will happen. Having the celestial active increases the proc chance (which almost makes it useless) - BUT it also comes with a shield of 5% from the monk’s HP. They could increase the shield value as well when the celestial is out. On the other hand with increased procs there will be more shields already.

I really don’t think it’s a useless talent.

You realize all monks should be using RSK, BK, Etc. Right?

And most of these are on choice nodes.

8 Likes

Not all monks like the Fistweaving some of us like caster.

8 Likes

caster should still be meleeing when possible :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

Soomweaving is all about using your melee abilities aswell :slight_smile: . its very hard to play rangedweaver .

But soomweaving looks insanely strong in TWW . dont fall for the propaganda , its supercompetitive . the removal of clouded focus is the best thing happened to soomweaving actually

1 Like

Ideally, all mw monks should try the caster style. It’s very fun way to play the spec and it helps you understand it even more as you’re approaching healing from a completely different angle as a monk.

PvP is better as a caster because it’s more versatile in that scenario
M+ in pugs → also a very good option as you’re in a better position to save your group from themselves than fist
Raid → for me, caster is a lot more versatile and fun (fist is still very good and can bring a different healing profile that can help in some cases too, but fun wise, hands down caster for me)

all in all, I’m not feeling that tww breaks caster. Removing essence font is more a pb of fistweaving in raid if anything. Removal of CF? If they balance mana and healing properly here, it seems to be focussing on removing an issue that the class plants it’s feet and overheal 1 person to cleave heal the rest of the raid. I’m all for it’s removal if it’s done properly.

Hero talents tree don’t necessarily encougage fistweaving, it encourage doing melee damage, which all mw monks should be doing anyways.

5 Likes

This isn’t true. In Dragonflight, it depends on matchup and content, as well as what exactly you want in that moment.

You’re right. Fist can be very strong in a lot of situations. But caster isn’t bad in these situations either while fist can be very disappointing when not in an ideal situation for it.

But sure, I guess the way I phrased it make it seems worst than what it really is.

Can we just not start with you making crap up again? You have literally zero idea how competitive absolutely anything is because there hasn’t been a single bit of tuning, none. If only you were banned here like you were on discord…

go back to the discord mate, toxicity belongs there not in the forums.

Oh look, you ignored the facts presented to you in order to not look foolish. We’ve never seen that from you before…

1 Like

how does it end up that is always someone from the peaks of serenity discord that harrasses people left and right? i suggest finding something to bring you happiness in life because atm you seem sad and preoccupied with other people.

ingame im very happy with how caster mistweaver is and in TWW it looks magnificent.

I don’t PVE on my MW, just PVP and if we move into the melee fray to use those abilities as a caster, we lose.

Play a priest, or a priest, or a shaman, or a druid, or an evoker, or a pally (since they refuse to make that melee spec as well)

There’s no reason for there to not be a dedicated melee healing SPEC, not just a build of a spec.

2 Likes

Ignore Stepfista, They have shown they favor one, and only one “kind” of playstyle and thinking for monks/players despite the many supporters and posts in these threads advocating for many play-styles and spec options.

We’ve even put forward supporting arguments for wanting Mistweaver and Fistweavers split so more choices can be offered to more people in another thread

Meanwhile Stepfista is building a reputation of trolling and misrepresenting statements from other posters even to the point of claiming we said things that we never have

And just today they created a thread literally titled, “Lazy Mistweavers”, in which they again show their disdain for Mistweavers suggesting they should be dealing damage despite the fact in their own post admitting, parahrasing, that the healer is doing their job well enough to keep the group at 100% and yet is “lazy” for not doing more.

Thankfully others like Kiwivoker and Raïsin in other threads have already pointed out the contempt stepfista has towards other players playing the game in a manner that is fun and engaging to them.

7 Likes