Boosting services are now against EULA?!?!

SoM is proof that the game can’t survive without some form of boosting.

At this point it seems like they just want to make everyone unsub.

“Your really unsub because you can’t buy or sell a boost? This game literally isn’t for you”
-Not what I said. Maybe a forum isn’t for you.

Your really unsub because you can’t buy or sell a boost? This game literally isn’t for you

pretty much has nothing to do with TBC boosting

This is aimed at boosting “Organizations” that are rampant in retail wow where they provide sort of like a matchmaking service to match boosters with boostees for mythic+, AOTC, raid gear, etc. They would be the middle man between the two and would skim some gold off of the top. Many of them were fronts for RMT gold selling along with trade chat on retail servers being absolutely bombarded every second of every day with constant unending adverts for these services and that is why they were banned.

I haven’t encountered anything like this in TBC classic where the boosters usually just advertise for themselves in LFG/trade chat and whatnot, which is still allowed along with GDKPs and other things like pvp carries. You pretty much just cannot have a middle man - you can only advertise for yourselves and can only take gold for boosting services if you are the one doing it or directly involved

SoM is proof that SoM came out way too soon after Classic. It’s also proof that people didn’t want to basically play the exact same game but worse all over again.

1 Like

Clarification is always great but either way I’m glad they’re finally manning up and trying to do something about this. This kind of crap undermines the core gameplay experience and perverts the community incentives.

I’m hoping they break boosting in general. It’s one thing to get run through a dungeon to knock out some quests or to get twink gear. The boosting communities are highly disruptive in every way. This goes for dungeon boosts and arena boosts.

It’ll probably work just like the whole “bot” issue. If you see level 70’s hanging out in SW Stockade all day, report them.

Disruptive in the way that you can’t find a group outside of asking for a 70s help or waiting 3 hours to form for a 30 minute run?

Because you’ll more than likely find that people may start forming boost ‘groups’ where they’re level appropriate and bypass the questing altogether. And mages solo-aoe farming to 70.

Getting rid of dungeon boosting doesn’t solve the issues you think it will solve.

Discord deal got called off…

Well, it’s taking people out of the leveling world, in general. They’re essentially going AFK to level. Many are probably paying with gold they bought. So yeah, that’s hugely disruptive.

Not a problem. They’ll be grinding dungeons with level-appropriate folks.

Notice you only mentioned mages. What about other toons?

You haven’t shed any light onto what this could be.

1 Like

Guilds are absolutely organizations.

Yeah, but the blue post says that guilds are specifically excluded…

“This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds…”

1 Like

Blizz hates competition. If you want to boost, you’ll have to buy one from them. They will probably add TBC boosts to the store soon too. :clown_face:

This is written in a way so that boosting for gold can still happen and why, you ask? Because Blizzard makes too much money selling tokens to let that go. See, they say guilds and individuals can still offer the services. So, those who boost for gold can make a guild and poof, it’s legal. This is meant to crack down on those who are selling services for money.

I mean, Mike Ybarra sells M+ for Gold in his guild. Top Tier guilds need to sell boosts to afford their race to world firsts.

This won’t shut it all down.

People don’t generally group for questing anyway unless they’re severely undergeared/underleveled for the content they’re trying to do. In any case, new players will struggle with and without boosts, so the only people benefitting from boosting are already 70 on their mains and are solo farming old 48-60 dungeons for gold to which world materials farmed in the outlands can provide a reasonable income which can be spent on raid consumables, gear… or boosts.

Alternatively, gold spent in GDKP runs can offer splits which provide enough weekly income to further enable spending on the above.

But they’re not out in the leveling world - they’re not interacting with any other players. New players will not receive dungeon spots from these players, they’re essentially the same as dungeon boosters except there’s less time invested on the dungeon boosted characters (whether they afk while they work or do other content on their other accounts). And if someone has access to a class which can dungeon boost i.e. mage/paladin then why not offer a service to people wanting their alts carried through dungeons.

Only mages can solo aoe farm content efficiently from ~21ish. ZF GY is still very soloable at 42 onwards, suspect the same goes with the Troll Village in Darkshore.

You’re looking at the game with rose-tinted glasses. Clearly you have expectations that the old world is always lively with characters leveling like the game is brand new and fresh. What you don’t seem to understand is that everyone has preferences with how they play?

Why are you so upset about players earning their raid consumables, gear and epic flying mounts via offering services to lower level players? Because it’s not fitting into your perfect version of the game? I just don’t get it.

This is about the only accurate thing you’ve said. You sure typed a lot, though.

I’ve managed to afford all my needs in-game without cheating, in the same way I was able to afford things back in 2007 and 2008. I’m sorry you couldn’t. Maybe you should learn to play the game?

1 Like

Tell me you get carried through content without telling me you get carried through content.

This is subjective. We’re playing the same game except differently. You choose to scrape the barrel and I choose to participate in events being held on my server.

2 Likes

They didnt ban boosting. They banned the big organizations (not guilds)
that were spamming services in chat. Guilds and groups of friends can still boost
for gold all they want.

2 Likes

Lol, I leveled on my own, ranked solo, leveled blacksmithing by actually farming my own ore and I spent 2 weeks farming for my epic flyer. Then I went holy and healed heroic dungeons to farm the primals for Deep Thunder.

You’re the one defending being carried.

Thanks for playing.

it’s legal.

Essentially. While removing boosting from the game in general would be ideal and very noble I don’t think it’ll happen, ever. I wish it would, but it won’t. A bribe is a bribe. If anyone asks it could be called a gift by all parties involved and no one outside those parties would be able to call foul without an elbow deep investigation.

Art imitates life and people with such an intention usually get away with it more often than not and with higher yielding results outweighing cut losses after testing their boundaries. Its legal, and when its not believe me they will find a work around.

Its not how things were intended to be, but sometimes it really do be like that.