Boosting services are now against EULA?!?!

If I am reading this correctly, its not just advertising of them ingame … but providing the service for gold at all.

Edit: Or is it just boosting where the gold ends up in the hands of goldsellers? I guess we need a clearer definition of “Organization”

1 Like

Incredibly vague and irresponsible post by an incredibly incompetent and irresponsible company. All this does is make me warn my guild that random unjust bans will soon being going out because there is no way blizzard does this properly.

7 Likes

My question is how do they enforce this without a ton of manpower? And also how do you combat RMT because that is what it will all move to.

1 Like

Shouldn’t need that much manpower tbh. A bunch of logs and some statistical analysis and an afternoon or two of an interns time. If it wasnt for the shere number of users … you could prob do it in excel or google sheets.

2 Likes

How to significantly reduce boosting: experience gain is greatly reduced if a member of the party is, say, 5+ levels above the average mob level in the instance

how to significantly not reduce boosting, by Blizzard: “WE WILL BAN YOU BUT WE’RE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU IF WE’RE GOING TO BAN YOU OR NOT BAN YOU UNTIL YOU GET BANNED THEN WE’RE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU GOT BANNED FOR UNLESS YOU FILE AN APPEAL AND THAT’S NO GUARANTEE WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU GOT BANNED FOR

10 Likes

so what your saying is bliz is going hole hog on their slot machine mechanics by adding a new feature:

Random Bans based on the outcome of a d20

1 Like

Probably a d29, two make it more incomprehensible

I don’t even bother with boosting but what an absolute joke. At least give consistent information so people know what is actually against the rules. As is people are just gonna eat bans not knowing whether their actions are illegal.

1 Like

It seems like its targeting “organized communities” probably gold sellers and such. The post still says individuals can use trade chat to advertise their individual services. An individual character can’t boost across multiple servers.

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

10 Likes

The way I read it, it depends upon the size and scope of the operation. Individuals and guilds selling boosts for gold, not a violation. “Boosting communities” and organizations, especially cross-realm, not allowed.

2 Likes

Awesome! Maybe people will go back to playing the game the way Blizzard intended now.

14 Likes

Yes finally get rid of all the boosters. They are a blight on any server. Everyday 10 new gold seller mages trying to sell boosts. Need to thin the population out and this is a good start.

8 Likes

LOL, like that will ever happen

1 Like

Next you can ban the bots scourging the game. With Microsoft taking over you dont need to artificially inflate your sub numbers by keeping the thousands and thousands of bots around.

2 Likes

So it seems they are really focused on “communities”.

Problem is, I see no reasonable way for Blizzard to determine who is a member of a community. Most boosting/gold selling communities operate through discord, and I could easily see bans going to people who aren’t involved but only suspected due to similar activity. Blizzard doesn’t have access to Disc or 3rd party websites for investigation. I really don’t see how this pans out.

As for trade chat I assume all the boosters will take words like community/guild/etc out of the message and pretend to operate solo. We’ll see how this works I guess.

M$ buys Wow
M$ buys Discord

gg

4 Likes

Yep. So this is a change that mostly affects retail.

2 Likes

GDKP run - PST your email for microsoft teams invite

Thank freaking god! This will be a massive source of RMT now against the EULA

1 Like

I mean … RMT is already against EULA … pretty sure this will result in no change

1 Like