Boosting saved WoW

Just like the people I work with in real life who refuse to put a 2FA app on their personal cell phone because “I DON’T WANT TO GET SPIED ON…”

Get over yourself.

The MAYOR of the city I work for - and it is a top 20 city by population in the USA so this isn’t some podunk population 3000 town in Texas - is not interesting enough to risk my job and livelihood over spying on them.

Why would I risk getting my account gagged or banned, even if it was for just 72 hours, over the likes of you?

You might not but plenty of unhinged people browse the forums and I can already tell by how volatile some people get about this topic that sharing my main will 100% result in in-game threats by people.

It’s just a safety precaution against the crazies.

Fair enough, just not my bag. Even when I was addicted to WoW, and I mean that in every possible sense of the word, I don’t think I would do that because I like the sense of accomplishment in knowing I did it myself, but as I said to OP, you do you.

Or, and here’s a thought: the game could be less tedious so boosting wouldn’t be needed in the first place

1 Like

“i buy wins and heres why…”

coping commenced

1 Like

I like this too but they don’t want that, they would rather just focus on people skipping the grind via boosting instead of the grind itself.

i just leveled my mage to 60 last week. i got the console in ZM to max in 2 days and put him 256 ilvl with his 2 legs. i did a ton of m+ 8-12s and got my vault and he is now 268 ilvl in 6 days of hitting 60. please tell me again about how gearing is too much?

2 Likes

So you’re using the same argument that people used to bot…

@OP I agree… Ban all boosting and boosters.

2 Likes

Now THAT will never happen.

Tedious = buy tokens, extra $$$ for Blizzard.

Case in point - OP.

2 Likes

I understand. Here’s how I see it:

I’m a crafter across all 12 professions that makes gold crafting and selling.

Raiders/M+ers/PvPers often buy gear and consumables sold on the Auction House and Trade chat. They do not make it themselves, but instead purchase the crafting service and items they use in their game mode.

On the flip side, I don’t grind out game modes myself (except for what I mentioned of course), but instead purchase a rent-a-friend service from those who can provide the items associated with that game mode.

It’s a two-way street and I think a lot of people lose sight of that. The street becomes littered when real money is thrown into the mix, but there is definitely a healthy amount of us with lots of gold who don’t dabble in cash for our boosts.

And still manage to stay viable without contributing to demise of this game by supporting boosting, which leads to the real problem, RMT.

Stop using real life as an excuse, we all work. You’re wasting your money not playing the game.

2 Likes

yup and as far as i am concerned there is no difference between account sharing and paying people to carry you. same thing.

1 Like

Is that 6 days of 24 hours playing at 60, so 144 hours /played at 60, or just 6 calendar days?

If calendar days, how many hours of actual play time? I’m genuinely curious and not judging,

It isn’t needed, though. If you want to skip playing the game to get the rewards asap then that’s on you.

1 Like

It is this…

I’m saying the game should be designed around fun and enjoyment for the players, not trying to build habbits/force high amounts of playtime or logins

And that’s the sad state of affairs, especially with gearing up since like…B4A where you are lucky to get a gear drop you can use through an entire dungeon, or raid.

Try to get Gear in the current raid.

You no lifed that if you did it in 2 days, some of us have lives bro i’m not doin all that when I can spend an hour or two of wage to get way better gear lmao.

I just don’t want to grind gear, I skip that grind to enjoy the game. Simple as that.

no to get the console 6/6 for 252 gear it took around 5-6 hours of opening chests and killing rares. there is a boa item that increases cyphers by 50% so its much quicker now.

So, You lied in your OP, it’s not a real life time issue at all, it’s a you having some money to burn and are lazy, got it.

3 Likes

No I don’t find fun in grinding 50 hours for gear, gear is just a means to an end and I prefer playing the actual end game without worrying about where my next piece is coming from.

Not sure how that’s tough for you to understand.