Boosting is literally Pay to win

I mean I look at AV as whole, not my fault today’s pvp meta has giving up as the strategy ifbit doesn’t look like an easy win because of maximizing efficiency being more important to most, than having fun in AV. Lol. And alliance have a very strong final defence that let’s them hold off far more horde than the alliance need to use to defend. But I won’t derail this thread farther (the deleted port above was from my dog hitting my hand onto the delete post key lol)

You define reaching level 58 as the win condition for TBC?

That’s why I got a character selection screen full of lvl 58s.

Who out here winning more than me?

I can’t wait for WOTLK, then I will have a full selection screen of 68s, I’m basically a cheat code breaking the game.

1 Like

I deny it. Pay to win means you get in game power that I don’t. None of that happens here. You don’t have access to any better gear than I have, nor are your abilities any stronger. Me at 58 and you at 58, if you leveled from one, costs you time. That’s all. Guaranteed you have better gear than I would have, too. This makes a 58 boost pay to skip content, not pay to win a damn thing.

3 Likes

You can undo deletes fairly easily by hitting the “undo” button.

And yeah, the Alliance roll over so easily these days. It’s sad, really.

It’s not just the alliance, horde roll over when it looks like a loss as well, it’s just horde try just a little bit longer due to que time vs game duration having horde usually waiting longer than alliance to get into AV.

So on a pvp server where a boost paid to skip content instantly because of real world disposable wealth and they come across someone who didn’t pay to skip, lets assume griefing a lower level zone. The paid char isn’t any stronger than the lower level character? That’s nice to know.

It’s also nice to know that being able to avoid pvp in the old world isn’t a huge advantage.

Just curious, out of the people who will buy the boost, how many do you figure don’t already have a level 60?

And then a 60 rolls in and wipes the zone with the boosted player.
What did they win there?

Or goes to TBC where it’s still a PvP server, how is that a huge advantage when they can still get destroyed by a level 60 or even a 58 with better gear?

I’d estimate most.

Yeah, I’d estimate the same. I also think many anti-boosters would agree. After all, a common criticism from the anti-boost side of things is that most boosts will be bought by people with 60’s and not brand new players.

If that’s the case, then Mamika’s argument doesn’t amount to much. If I want to go gank lowbies in Alther’s Mill I can go do that anytime on Maully here. I don’t need to spend a bunch of real life money just to go gank lol.

Wow doesn’t have infinite character or item levels. There comes a point where no matter how you fast you leveled, you can and will catch up with the fastest levelers. If you’re really eager you can pass most of them, too. So with regard to wpvp, corpse runs only costs time, and as such, pay to skip still stands. But please, do continue your ongoing tantrum about boosts. I find it amusing.

Just let us boost to lvl 68 and be done with it. Sprinkle in a couple no boost /fresh servers to keep everyone happy.

No, a boost to 68 would be a bad thing.

Not for me and my friends who hate tbc levelling. It would be fantastic to get to the part of the game we love!

Tbh we would rather lvl 1-58 and then paytoskip.

The key here is TBC leveling. It doesn’t matter, as you want to skip TBC content.

1 Like

There’s new tbc content (zones quests flightpaths graveyards items talents) that the lvl 58 boosts right past. What’s the big deal with a lvl 68 or 70 boost. Everyones gonna be 70 eventually. Some will quest, some will dungeon grind, and some will boost. No big deal.

70 is endgame of the current content.

58 is the beginning of the current content.

World’s difference.

Nah, it’s just another speedbump to the relevant content at 70. All this Gatekeeping needs to end.

1 Like