Boosting is literally Pay to win

There’s relevant content in Outland before then, that and endgame compose TBC, and this is TBCC.

Not Azeroth, not a handful of quests added in random zones in Azeroth.

About as relevant as the pre 58 tbc stuff. Just let us get to the heroics raids and arenas.

Shhhh, the grown ups are talking.

Find a bathroom mirror and talk yourself insane with your nonsense, but stop with it here for the love of god.

Whats this recruit a friend ive been hearing about. Someone said you could get a boost to 70 using it.

Hey if you dont like boosts thats fine. I get it. Blizzard should probably add some boost free servers for those who don’t want to deal with thousands of boosted toons trying to level up their skinning by killing your quest mobs.

Thatd be a tough grind for sure.

But the rest of us just want to get to endgame without slogging through boring time consuming quests that we’ve done multiple times.

Ive got no problem at all with the 1-58 system they’ve put in place the way it is.

You’re just talking like a neanderthal

Additional quests and flight paths in the old world are there for the convenience of people in the old world, for whatever reason. And there will be plenty, as the new races can’t use the boost. I understand fully what your intention is - to try and suggest that skipping any content means you should be able to skip as much as you want, but that is merely a strawman.

It’s simply not Blizzard’s intention for people to skip TBC. They merely don’t include Classic in that intention, as there will still be Classic servers for that.

Pretending to be pro-boost by strawmanning a preposterous position just makes anti-boosters like you worse.

1 Like

So you like the boost. But you don’t want it too boosty. How about lvl 67?

Nah. We will give tbc a miss unless we can boost past the unfun lvling of tbc to be quite honest.

Yeah you’re either trolling or you’re drinking the same water you’ve been bathing in and it’s showing in your posts…

Im all about the boost. Paying for gear gold or rep is where i draw the line.

This guy gets it! We’re all hitting lvl 70 anyways. Maybe not at the same time. What if blizz allows a lvl 68 boost like 1 or 2 months after release. I feel like that’s pretty fair

You won’t be missed. Given you post on a retail character, you probably missed Classic too.

In some ways it is.
Imagine the player - you all know that guy - who goes back to low level zones to bash the poor noobies.
Now, imagine yourself or a friend who can barely afford to pay for the monthly subscription, but you do it because you love WoW.
Obviously player #2 cannot afford the boost.
Player #1 boosts and decides to be “that guy” traveling back to low level contested zones such as STV or hillsbrad or whatever - you get the idea… looking for noobs to squish.

Both players may have spent the same amount of time - but the player who bought the boost literally paid to be stronger. Thus pay to win in that sense… Sure - the cap or endgame is no different but there are still pay to win elements… That said, I am not opposed to the boost. I am glad some players will have the option to skip classic if they did not like it and make it to outlands to play with their friends.

I just want fresh non-boosted, non cash shop servers available to those who want to play them - myself included. I fear how much boosting will empower the automated programs (bots) that destabilize the game. I assume far more bots will benefit than the specific demograph that the boosts are targeting. And even if I am wrong on this - I still fear how much damage instant level 58 bots farming brd for ~200+ gold an hour can do.

1 Like

You cant pay to be stronger on content that has been out for 2 years…

Your green or blue items the boost starts with isnt any stronger than the items a person who levels to 58 can get.

Ahem:

There - showing that again for those of you who tend to be a little slower than the rest.

Have a good night.

1 Like

I just don’t get the logic behind that one. Sure, I guess you could argue skipping the Classic levels is in some way, “paying to win”, but it has nothing to do with winning in TBC. You’ll still be miles behind the vast majority of players. It’s just you won’t have to spend weeks leveling and finally getting to TBC only to have entirely missed the train.

What’s the difference between someone boosting a new character to gank lowbies, and someone who has paid their sub for months and are bored at 60 doing the same?

They both spent money.

Ease of access is one. Many toxic players prefer not to have invested a significant amount of time into a progression based game in order to troll, or otherwise grief someone.

IF there are fresh servers without boosting than everyone starts on equal footing - those of us who are giving up over a years worth of progression will feel it, myself included, but I feel the ends justify the mean. It will be worth it to play on a more stable server with a more stable economy and ecology.

Likewise it is not so much about the difference - if anything the boosted character may be weaker than someone who developed a character up to level 58 - either because he is not familiar with the playstyle or the items are literally just worse than what you might obtain naturally; however, it is the disparity presented between those with money and those without. This is in line with the same problems that real money trading grant by giving someone with a bigger wallet a bigger boost in the game.

Once again, in the end-game it makes little difference; however, someone who cannot afford to boost may literally be handed an unfair advantage on a pvp server by any particularly spiteful player who has the disposable income and chooses to go killing the poorer, weaker characters.

This becomes especially true if they do need to implement new servers due to TBC being wildly popular and they offer boosting on said servers.
At that point no one would have spent the time prior developing their characters and only boosters would have that immediate boost in power by skipping many hours of content/time/effort/grind/leveling.

Back when TBC first launched I chose to switch from an alliance NE-hunter to horde.
I could not play on the same server because you cannot roll opposing factions on the same server during classic/tbc eras.
I did not want to delete my alliance toon. I spent years developing him and I may way to go back and play him again, after all.
So therefore I was given 2 options:
Start on a server that had existed for years OR start on one of the brand new ones that came out pretty much synonymously with the launch of TBC.
I chose the second option and I have no regrets.

I wonder how many brand new players will be coming to experience tbc that cannot afford boosts and will be in the same boat as I was back then?

How much worse will that be if there are no fresh servers offered - or if fresh servers have boosts?

1 Like

What if they made the boost free. I thought blizzard said we were getting a free one with every account. I’m guessing they had a change of heart

I’m not really sure why you think that, when the faction war on PvP servers is still very much real. And someone on the same faction will rarely ever do anything but congratulate someone for griefing the enemy faction. Moreso Horde than Alliance, but that still happens.

Also, PvE servers.

If there are fresh servers, yes. But we all started on the same footing in Classic. There are quiet realms - even PvP realms - where you’ll be far better off if you don’t want a large community of 60s.

Unless Blizzard resets everything on a fresh server and takes an active role in stamping out botting and gold selling/buying, it doesn’t matter if they open new servers. The same will happen there.

Those with money have always had advantages. And just because some may not be able to afford a boost, if they even want one, doesn’t mean it’s fair to never add anything like that ever. I have the same opinion of refusing to update graphics because some players can’t afford a better machine.

You have to come up with an extreme scenario that ultimately doesn’t matter in order to make boosting look pay to win. It’s really not, as there’s no difference between a level 60 doing that now and a freshly boosted character doing it.