Boosting is literally Pay to win

If the boost is available in prepatch it def isnt anything special.

My shaman will be 60 in prepatch for TBC release.

I think it would help it be more “helpful” if released at the pre-patch. Gives them a chance to level up 2 more times, get a faster mount and work on those professions.

Oh yeah? LOL

I’ll see you, on the other side, on my Belf Mage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I will be doing the goat shaman for my TBC gdkp runs, going resto.

1 Like

I gotta make my Charmed peeps on Horde side, this go around :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just did a BWL gdkp, made 470g.

I have enough gold to get by. Granted, one of my 60s doesn’t have an epic mount, but she will. She’s not exalted with Darnassus, yet, so it’s “acceptable”, IMO :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Technically, I have the Gold for her to get her epic horse, but I don’t want a horse. I want a kitty! :heart_eyes_cat:

I got around 30k on my alliance toons.

This mage also has both ZG mounts.

Gratz! Only ZG Mount I care for is the kitty one, obviously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I paid 2k for the tiger.

Then like 2 weeks later i rolled a 100 on the Raptor.

ez

It’s your gold, IDC what you spend it on. I’d rather be a cheapskate and reserve it, for myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Gratz!

I’m just happy to have hit Exalted with Darnassus. Hitting Exalted is HARD man! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Remember, I don’t pay for too much stuff, so I farmed a lot of Darnassus Rep through Morrowgrain and Runecloth :slightly_smiling_face:

Rep thru AV after getting exalted is the easy way to get rep for the Alliance factions.

I haven’t dug too deeply into that, can you explain how so?

After you get exalted with AV you can do the turn ins and it gets applied to the main faction rep.

For instance for alliance it would be SW,IF,Darn.

I see, but I have to hit Exalted with AV, first, right? That sucks for somebody like me, who dislikes PvP. The only way to gain Rep with those folks is through AV, obviously, right?

Yeah you gotta grind AV rep first.

But its not bad for alts or toons u want to get cheaper epic mounts for.

I’ll admit, I’m hesitant. However, starting the Rep grind early with Darnassus, at Level 1 and Questing through, normally gets you straight into Revered, and you just do the Repeatables, that way, and this allows for me to gain gold through Dungeons and selling my flowers, at the same time, and a small chance at possibly getting that rare Alch Recipe.

EDIT: Plus, I’m a completionist and completing Quests still gives me a little bit of Rep with the entirety of the Alliance Faction, from time to time.

Yes I can agree that your example is pay to win. What im trying to illustrate here with these different definitions is that there doesnt seem to be an agreed upon all encompassing definition of “paytowin”.

It really seems to be a root cause of these arguments because everyone is going by a different definition. Until this thread opened my eyes, i always thought it was literally any ingame advantage bought with real money.

And perhaps we need a different term for paid advantages in mmorpgs like the lvl58 boost.

I agree which is why I ask the questions. But, as I said before, I just get called a “Troll” and put on ignore.

I would love it, if we can discuss what those parameters are because I keep saying over and over, again, that I’ve conceded to certain points because they align with why I’m against the Level 58 Boost Feature. However, in no way do I (personally) believe it has an advantage, at all in the BC content.

What advantage does a boosted level 58 have over a non-boosted 58 in game?

Why do anti-boosters refuse to answer this question.

2 Likes

Seriously. It’s funny 'cause I’m on the side of not wanting the Level 58 Boost, myself, HOWEVER calling it an “advantage” is disingenuous and not a good argument to try and work together to remove it. In order to remove it, you have to understand why it’s being implemented, in the first place.

If only we had carried out my vision of the BC release being completely free from any Classic progression, and we all started “fresh”, the only complaints we would see is “I WANT TO TAKE MY CLASSIC CHARACTER OVER TO BC REEEE!” But, of course, that didn’t happen, so here we are :slightly_smiling_face:

I think a better argument against the boost is it takes away the Leveling aspect of an MMORPG. As someone who’s played Classic, and I keep saying this, over and over, again, I have way more advantages than a boosted 58.

I’m two levels ahead.
I have a faster mount.
And, I’m ready to gather Outland nodes.

Can your boosted 58, do that? I don’t think so. It’s gotta backtrack a bit, in order to “catch up”.